Mage Artifact Weapon Trees - What do you think?

MMO-Champion has released the Artifact Weapon Calculator: http://beta.wowdb.com/artifact-calculator#hAAAAAAAAA

What do you think about the Mage talents?

Consolidated thoughts from the other thread :P

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    400% mana somewhat explains the huge cost of Arcane Blast.
    Fire Mages get both Verdant Spheres and some sort of Phoenix graphic.

It is odd that active abilities don't seem to be present, I guess maybe not every class does get one after all?

I am also Interested to see what "Ebonbolt" is, and of the non-major traits I am glad to see reduced Blink cooldown, "more missiles", and "Flamestirke triggers multiple times".
    Ebonbolt could be that http://beta.wowdb.com/spells/195245-ebonbolt

Great find!
    I could definitely see this happening, as a sort of "you don't have multistrike any more, so now literally every frostbolt is going to multistrike" sort of thing.
    I hope that is it.
    [Worries about Chain Reaction]

Frostbolt is the one spell you can't gain 100% crit with, so I wouldn't worry too much about that perk being always active, although I suppose it isn't unlikely that you'll keep an Ice Lance always banked for when it procs, and only spend them when you get a second in order to prevent eating procs.

"I just crit, casting ice lance" will probably at least feel somewhat better than thoughtlessly alternating though?

You will also be casting Frozen Orb often enough that I wouldn't worry about never casting back-to-back Ice Lances though. I'd imagine that the intention is for it end up as a reactive proc, rather than a constant presence.
    An interesting note: Both Guardian and Fury have active abilities which also list "pillar effects", one of which seems to exist for every levelling zone.
    It seems you will gain an additional power for your active ability for each zone you complete (though you can probably only have one active at a time).

This further implies that every spec will get an active ability and that ours simply aren't implemented yet,

10+ Year Old Account
    Interesting to see "Clarity of Thought", increasing our chance of Brain freeze by X%, even though they stated that Brain Freeze was gone for Legion. So .... ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torian kel View Post
    Interesting to see "Clarity of Thought", increasing our chance of Brain freeze by X%, even though they stated that Brain Freeze was gone for Legion. So .... ?
    Brain Freeze will not be gone, but instead of triggering Frostfire Bolt, it will trigger Frozen Orb.

Deleted
    3sec cd blink lol

I think MMOC may be overexciting people with the 3 second blink CD, I don't think getting two relics that improve that trait is very likely :P

nice Frozen references

Deleted
    I think MMOC may be overexciting people with the 3 second blink CD, I don't think getting two relics that improve that trait is very likely :P
    Right? xD It's either that or they might increase our blink CD. Which... No, please!

Deleted
    Its a spacemage. Spacemages should get around in space whenever they want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just let it go...

They look great and very promising. Very happy the Arcane mage is themed around Aegwynn, who is a pretty huuuugggeee lore figure.

When you reach 4 Arcane Charges, you are infused with the Power of Aegwynn which doubles your arcane damage for 6 of seconds
    This enormous damage buff is actually a great increase to our AOE damage, as this will apply to many of our Arcane Barrages.

10+ Year Old Account
    This enormous damage buff is actually a great increase to our AOE damage, as this will apply to many of our Arcane Barrages.
    Arcane is starting to look mighty tempting. I cannot believe I just wrote that...

However, is this thread necessary? We are spreading our speculation beyond the main thread and I hate having multiple conversations on what is essentially the same topic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Agree that this thread is not yet necessary, we can open dedicated threads once we have all of the info from beta patches, but even then it will be complicated as every aspect plays together.

I guess one thread for each spec will be perfect, again, once the beta starts properly and we have enough information. For now, stick to the megathread.
    My magic will tear you apart.