Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiral Mage View Post
    You basically say you don't understand why WOD is being praised for it's raid content, then you somehow think BC was better, when BC content is braindead easy. If raids today were that simple, you'd be up here crying about how no raid actually requires any skill. Since BC raids had virtually no skill involved.

How in hell, you think WOD, which has some of the most interesting raid fights and concepts to date .. is worse than a day and age, where raids required damn near no thought in any capacity .. is completely beyond me.

I raided in BC. Even back then, I was astounded by how badly a number of the fights were designed. Today, I actually respect how they're done.

This is another one of those threads where the meme: "Not Sure If Serious" comes to mind. Since it's hard to believe the OP is.
    They seem easy now because of the changes to classes and all the added abilities. But back in the day when you need a shammy in your group to benefit from hero, few classes had interrupts, DPS couldnt just pew pew pew without pulling aggro (aggro management was a personal responsibility), HEALERS could pull aggro, and you needed to farm resist gear etc etc... I wouldn't say things were harder then, raiding was just different. And yeah -- I raided then too, and I cleared Sunwell before the patch... It wasn't harder, it wasn't easier... it was different.
    Last edited by Haloswin; 2015-12-03 at 08:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    He isn't baitposting, he's telling the truth. If you do not raid mythic content, you don't really get to represent a side besides the casual side of running through dungeons with a group of friends, and that does not count as raiding. I don't raid mythic anymore, and I do not consider myself a raider anymore, it doesn't compare.

Raiding Heroic does count as raiding. If he said all he did was run LFR and didn't understand why raiding is considering so great this expansion then I would understand the comment, but he didn't. OP does in fact raid. You are comparing someone who does in fact raid to someone who just runs dungeons, not at all in the same realm of content or difficulty.

On topic, I think this expansion has been giving the 'amazing raid experience' nod because the rest of WoD has been awful so raiding stands out as the one positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord of Outland View Post
    Why? I don't see that at all.

If I compare it to BC raid fights, it's no contest, they were so much more interesting. Most fights are just adds, different phases, things like spreading out occasionally, fire pools, standard positioning etc. They are okay mechanically but don't seem interesting at all to me.

Remember Gruul? Simple fight by today's standards but was incredible fun when you did him the first time. Remember the fishing boss in SPC? Very cool concept. Then Leotheras with the ranged tanking him and him spinning around the room. Kael'thas and his followers walking toward you, and using legendary weapons to beat him. Shade of Akama, simple yet exhilarating. Teron Gorefiend with the ghost mechanics.

I've only done normal/heroic for HFC but am I missing something? Does this somehow get amazing on Mythic? What's your opinion and why does everyone say the raiding is amazing?
    your post is answered by a simple phrase.

Rose Tinted glasses

Serpent Shrine boss? A 360 spout and some adds. The fishing up itself ment you had 20 people sitting on their arse waiting for the boss to spawn while a few fished him up
    Akama? Kill a hand full of dudes while the rest of the raid kills adds and then bash a meatbag of a boss
    Teron Gore was so bad there was an internet minigame that attempted to teach people how the mechanic worked because people were so bad at it.

Your Gruul statement says it all. It a simple and boring fight but you were new so it was fun.
    WoW is over a decade old. How much innovation can you expect within its framework?

If you found Gruul fun but dont enjoy current fights its not about the game being different. Its your taste that has changed. Don't blame the game for that.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Being a mythic raider myself i'll toss my 2 cents in on the topic.

LFR is a joke, not amazing at all in my eyes.
    Normal/Heroic is alright, especially in HFC. BRF was a tad boring to me and HM was a snooze fest that felt like a Band-Aid until the real first raid, BRF, came out.
    Mythic is where things get interesting.

HF Assault
    Normal/Heroic - Just kill mobs and stay alive
    Mythic - Split your raid in half and take care of both sides

Iron Reaver
    Normal/Heroic - 2 Phase fight where bombs are just need to be burned
    Mythic - Phase 2 bombs from normal/heroic throughout phase 1 and special bombs in phase 2

Kormrok
    Normal/Heroic - Pretty standard fight, the choice of pools was nice.
    Mythic - Basically the same as normal/heroic just gotta stand in some runes when boss jumps

Council
    Normal/Heroic/Mythic - Lots of mechanics and generally a fun fight. the DPS/HPS boost is fun if you get selected

Killrog
    Normal/Heroic/Mythic - Not to much difference between the 2 major difficulties, really the same fight just harder for healers

Gorefiend
    Normal/Heroic - Can come out of stomach when you want to and have to deal with slightly less adds
    Mythic - DPS have to break you out at a certain time and you have slightly more adds to deal with

Iskar
    Normal/Heroic - Pass the eye, kill the skull
    Mythic - Pass the eye, burn the shadow before he kills you skipping the mythic mechanic completely

Socrethar
    Normal/Heroic - Construct is fun
    Mythic - Construct is still fun, not much of a difference.

Tyrant
    Normal/Heroic - Pretty standard tank/spank just don't move
    Mythic - Same as Normal/Heroic just slightly longer mechanics

Fel Lord
    Normal/Heroic - Run out with seeds on you and don't blow up the raid
    Mythic - Have to set up soak groups, deal with more seeds, and have to make split second movement choices

Xhul
    Normal/Heroic - Burn the big add, kill imps, don't stand in fire
    Mythic - Tank nightmare, setup a chains group, setup a blackhole soak rotation, don't stand in fire. Mythic is way more complicated on this fight.

Manno
    Normal/Heroic - stack on boss, kill adds, and bait the fel seeker
    Mythic - Burn adds, move out for mechanic, soak the mechanic, don't stand in fire, and bait the fel seeker

Archi
    Normal/Heroic - Ping pong or run around the room in a circle and burn the adds at all times.
    Mythic - Completely different fight with half the same mechanics.

Overall of HFC mythic fights are far more interesting and I believe they are what make WoD raiding amazing. Normal/Heroic aren't bad, but once you're use to the mechanics the fights seem a bit dry and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    i think BRF was the pinnacle of WoD Raiding.

theres a few fights in HFC & highmaul that are great, but alot of it is just liquid shit.
    thogar was one of the best bosses they've had in a long time imo

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    thogar was one of the best bosses they've had in a long time imo
    Oh I loved that fight. Especially on mythic, everyone had to be on point and the raid had to work completely as a team to handle the mechanics. It also had it's fair share of personal responsibility as well.

I think my favorite fight would have to be hanz and franz on mythic. It required everyone to work together and still gave you boat loads of personal responsibility.

I guess I find it pretty awesome because I'm still learning. I'd hate to think I'd ever 'know it all' and have stuff be boring. Sometimes being low man has a few benefits.

aesthetically, I think they are all pretty sub par. Highmaul was ok ... nothing fancy, just standard ogre stuff. BRF = dark and red. HFC = dark and green. Bleh...

Quote Originally Posted by Mickie View Post
    I guess I find it pretty awesome because I'm still learning. I'd hate to think I'd ever 'know it all' and have stuff be boring. Sometimes being low man has a few benefits.
    Well I still enjoy a few fights, even if I've done them a bunch of times. There are fights I really don't like doing. Killrog is one of the, Imperator is another. Imp is way to long.

Deleted
    What i saw of it was decent, but wildly overrated. As i've said before, it's water in a desert.

Herald of the Titans Tech Priest Bojangles's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Compared to the rest of WoD yeah you could say it was great. Some encounters had some pretty bullshit mechanics that weren't enjoyable at all and I hope to never see that shit again.
    -=From the moment I understood the weakness of my flesh, it disgusted me. I craved the strength and certainty of steel. I aspired to the purity of the blessed machine. Your kind claimed your flesh as if it will not decay and fail you. One day the crude biomass that you call a temple will wither, and you will beg my kind to save you... But I am already saved..... For the machine is immortal=-