Post What spec is the immobile "Kite me / cc me or die to my burst" class now/Legion?

I used to play Enhancement shaman in vanilla WoW. Part of the point of that spec was that if I got next to a player, I was supposed to drop all my buffing totems then stormstrike burst them down. The balance being that I was easily kiteable.

Today, Enhancement does not feel like this at all. They are more like purging machines. Concidering the talents I have seen in Legion, they are moving even further into the "I buff my allies" role in PvP, not really being amazing on their own. I am confident that Enhancement is not my style anymore.

I honestly don't have much experience with the melee specs these days.

My impression is that DKs are the least mobile. Do they fit the "kite me / cc me or die to my burst" playstyle? Will they keep fitting it in Legion?

10+ Year Old Account
    It would currently have to be Arm's warrior. Arm's does some extreme damage during very short windows, but if you CC them during those windows they do jack-all damage for until their window reopens again. It seems to be even more so like that in Legion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Frost DKs can push out huge burst if they go full Big Dick mode on someone - dumping all 12 runes during trink and Pillar. They are not particularly mobile however. And they wont be able to go BD mode again for 5 minutes.

As can ferals during Incarnation/Zerk. If you see the cat suddenly put on some purple armor, CC him/her immediately cause shes about to start wrecking your shit.
    Last edited by Nihilan; 2015-11-30 at 03:16 PM.

Deleted
    Warlocks, again.

Circle is now a Talent, sharing a tier with shields. This puts mobility and CC for Warlocks at an all-time low. Combine that with the loss of Dark Reg and Bargain as Talents and Warlocks basically are the least mobile, least CC, least defenses class in Legion as of right now. Unless they suddenly make KJC baseline for Locks again, the class is gonna be forced into DoTs, gets nerfed again due to all the whining and is basically dead weight unless you got one of the broken heal classes to back them up.

Guess my choice to boost a Mage to 100 will turn out pretty good after all, looking at that class and it's mobility.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    Warlocks, again.

Circle is now a Talent, sharing a tier with shields. This puts mobility and CC for Warlocks at an all-time low. Combine that with the loss of Dark Reg and Bargain as Talents and Warlocks basically are the least mobile, least CC, least defenses class in Legion as of right now. Unless they suddenly make KJC baseline for Locks again, the class is gonna be forced into DoTs, gets nerfed again due to all the whining and is basically dead weight unless you got one of the broken heal classes to back them up.

Guess my choice to boost a Mage to 100 will turn out pretty good after all, looking at that class and it's mobility.
    It will depend on how "bursty" legion pvp gameplay will be. And btw. Warlocks mobility was always very low, in vanilla too and even in TBC as SL/SL. Warlocks always tanked the damage instead of avoiding it. Which, IMHO, fits the Warlock class very well. But Blizzard said they didnt want Warlocks to tank all the damage, so they gave them Demonic Circle and "Nerfed" / changed SL etc.

I could imagine, Warlocks are going back to tanking the damage instead of porting back and forth and all that. As you can see, Blizzard wants Drainlife to play a role once again, like it was back then.

But im pretty sure the insane Destruction self heal we have at the moment, will be gone (hopefully) it is just so dumb to have sometimes more healing in a BG than an actual heal class.

I really hope Warlocks are gonna tank the damage with HP/mitigations to life long enough to make their (hopefully) strong dots a threat once again.

But i like that blizzard seems to delete many defensive cooldowns or make them a choice instead of giving them for free. As long as it is not only for some classes but all, its a good thing. Selfheal/defense Cooldowns are just a joke in the current state of the game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nodq View Post
    It will depend on how "bursty" legion pvp gameplay will be. And btw. Warlocks mobility was always very low, in vanilla too and even in TBC as SL/SL. Warlocks always tanked the damage instead of avoiding it. Which, IMHO, fits the Warlock class very well. But Blizzard said they didnt want Warlocks to tank all the damage, so they gave them Demonic Circle and "Nerfed" / changed SL etc.

I could imagine, Warlocks are going back to tanking the damage instead of porting back and forth and all that. As you can see, Blizzard wants Drainlife to play a role once again, like it was back then.

But im pretty sure the insane Destruction self heal we have at the moment, will be gone (hopefully) it is just so dumb to have sometimes more healing in a BG than an actual heal class.

I really hope Warlocks are gonna tank the damage with HP/mitigations to life long enough to make their (hopefully) strong dots a threat once again.

But i like that blizzard seems to delete many defensive cooldowns or make them a choice instead of giving them for free. As long as it is not only for some classes but all, its a good thing. Selfheal/defense Cooldowns are just a joke in the current state of the game.
    The thing is, back in the day, fear and seduce were seperate CDs. They're not anymore. And even if you fear someone, it breaks on the first hit and nearly every melee class right now has teleports. And some of them hit for Chaos Bolt damage on instant attacks as well (Bladestorm, rofl). The general idea of 'tanking' damage as a Lock is fine. The problem is they don't really support that playstyle properly with their design. So you gotta get away from the melee, since they need to hit hard due to Frost Mage existing. Any channeled ability is shit by default, cause it'll get interrupted and lock the entire spell school on you.

Cataclysm was by far the most enjoyable Destro experience for example. Soul Shards were a tactical ressource, if you got away and out of combat, you could harvest yourself up again, there was the right amount of DoT/Instants/CC/Nukes in Destro at that time. Since then they pruned a lot of the tools Warlocks had, but didn't improve the mobility of the class to compensate. Warlocks right now in WoD still hit hard as hell, but unless you got a pocket healer, you get your face bashed in by any melee in the same gear. And Hunter just does it at range, because reasons.

I mean look at Demon Hunters for gods sake. They got 2 dashes, a roll, a double jump + slowfall, a CD with damage and jumping (Meta) and they got ranged attacks on top of it all. And they get a massive damage bonus from eating a demons soulstone thing. So they kill your pet, get +25% dmg and heal up and then wreck your shit.

Honestly, if Blizz wants to reduce the CC/Defense of Warlocks, that prob. works okay for Affli. But Demo and Destro need some help. If Destro got KJC back, but lost most of the Defenses to compensate, that'd be fine with the current mobility creep. Demo on the other hand should get something that relates to their summons. Like, sacrifice a bunch of imps to create a unpassable area around you for a few seconds, for example. Demonic Barrier.

Also ,they made Circle a talent, but somehow Demonic Shitway is still a baseline skill. Nobody likes it, it breaks encounters, it kinda sucks in PvP. They should kill that thing first.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaragoth View Post
    Warlocks, again.

The idea as far as I can tell is self healing being upped for Affliction and thus they took away some of the toys. You will get SL back (Siphon Life) and the main filler is Life Drain. Its far away from the old SL/SL build when fear lasted and puppy could mitigate magic like a boss ...

Its way early and the new PvP talent system allows them to quickly make changes so I'd say play what you like ...

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Warlock/Fury Warrior. Currently, no idea about MoP

Warlock, Destruction, Chaos. Been hit by a few nasty 220k Chaos Bolts, and a Destro Lock using Dark Soul and firing off a chain of Chaos Bolts is deadly. Must be shut down, not much option in it, or you die. Speaking from experience in Randoms, you can slaughter everything if you stay in the background, but if you get focused you have a very strong chance of dying.

Fury Warrior. Just had to mention this for utter lulz. Had our Rogue running a flag in Twin Peaks, other team had given up and being held at their GY, besides this Fury Warrior. Grabs Berserker, runs at our FC, pops CDs and uses Siegebreaker into Execute. RIP Rogue

Read Post, read Immobile. Removing Druids
    Last edited by Dristereau; 2015-12-02 at 04:59 AM.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Luminoth4 View Post
    Warlock/Fury Warrior. Currently, no idea about MoP

Warlock, Destruction, Chaos. Been hit by a few nasty 220k Chaos Bolts, and a Destro Lock using Dark Soul and firing off a chain of Chaos Bolts is deadly. Must be shut down, not much option in it, or you die. Speaking from experience in Randoms, you can slaughter everything if you stay in the background, but if you get focused you have a very strong chance of dying.

Fury Warrior. Just had to mention this for utter lulz. Had our Rogue running a flag in Twin Peaks, other team had given up and being held at their GY, besides this Fury Warrior. Grabs Berserker, runs at our FC, pops CDs and uses Siegebreaker into Execute. RIP Rogue

Read Post, read Immobile. Removing Druids
    Just FYI, Dark Soul is gone from Warlocks in Legion. Back to the old days, where baseline damage has to be through the roof to compensate. Also rng on rng mastery, yay.

Deleted
    destruction warlock

if you get left alone you blow people up

but the moment a few melee jump you it's game over unless you get some serious peels

You want a frost dk tbh.

Although enh atm does sick dps.