Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkon View Post

So, sorry, but very few people actually give a crap about arena,
    Updated that for you. I can honestly say I don't know anyone that bothers with arena for any real reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Fuji47 View Post
    Ive heard comments that WoW PvP isn't that good. Yeah it can be a bit imbalanced at times but the thing i like about it is that the BGs are not all the same and have different objectives which make each BG unique. Arenas are ok as well to me. I think its going to improve in Legion with the separate PvP talents. Anyways why is WoW PvP considered to be so average?
    Well, for any seriour pvp you are looking at 2 things, rbgs and arenas. Rbgs are a toxic wastefield of cheating and ddosing scum which made the whole thing basicely dead. And arenas, they are very fun if you get a good group to play with - that is untill you get good enough to see how scripted and thus boring the game currently is, not to mention that getting that good group can be very hard. Also class design is shit atm, pve masks that well with good encounters but for pvp the classes are on their own, which really shows how badly designed some of them currently are.

The thing with both is that for any new players you spent more time looking for people to play with then you actually play for quite some time, you spent a ton of time on gearing, then a ton of time on finding people to play with - and then you get to the actually fun part. Compared to lol or cs:go where you hit queue and start playing thats just bad.
    Last edited by Crruor; 2016-02-19 at 02:22 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    You do realize your unrated BG video in your signture leads to your armory right?
    Comedy gold xD

Quote Originally Posted by tbm13 View Post
    Balance. Serious pvpers want balance. Which is probably really hard to do with so many damn specs in the game, but it is what it is.
    Honestly, balance is the biggest concern I always hear about. And yes, the problem with that argument is that true balance with different classes of different play-styles cannot exist.

Want true balance in PVP? Take the class choice out of PVP. Make one pvp dps class, one pvp heal class, and one pvp tank class, then make all abilities a choice in some pvp talent tree. Perfect balance, your choices decide whether you win or lose.

Right now, part of the choice is the class that you choose and in-turn your team composition. It has an effect on how your team plays. I want more PVP players who consider themselves pro to be better at multi-class. I like the element of the game that is the "mind-game". I also like the idea that the Legion is bringing to the table with pvp templating for easily tuning dmg in each spec over time. That will go a long ways in PVP.

Grinding out artifact traits and honor levels will probably end up taking the place of the gear grind. Still a damn sight better for a new arrival than the old system of spending your first week or three getting two-shot and doing nothing before you have enough gear to start contributing.

The problem with WoW PvP is that the Developers listen to the majority of players who do arena without listening to the actual higher rated streamers top quality players. The majority of players who do arena actually suck at it and tend to blame losses on "lots of CC or Lack of CC" In MoP, it was actually incredibly balanced. For a new player in Arena - you had to actually learn the meta to get good and high rated which took time, but instead as usual, the lower rated players whined about too much CC when there really WASNT that much. I never remember Cdew being CC'd for 20 seconds in a game...wanna know why? Because he team actually knew how to play and counter CC. When i did arena in mop i hovered around 2600-2700 mmr consistently vsing streamers/rank 1s/glads, i don't remember a time when my healer was put into a 20 second CC or a 30 second CC chain. Obviously at lower ratings the game is going to be hard....thats the point though.

WOD PvP is the product of the bad players getting what they want and then suddenly realising that they have no idea about PvP balance at all. Emphasis on positioning has been decreased in WOD. Vital abilities that were used to control the flow and meta of 3s have been removed...thus making counter comps impossible to beat now. In MOP you had "strong" comps but no comp was ever just invincible. In MOP there was so many comps that people could play.....as a moonkin i had about 7 comps that i could play to gladiator...some were harder to master than others but that was the fun part of MOP. In WOD i think i only have 1 comp to play as a moonkin.

I don't even play WoW anymore anyway, i did arena the first season of WOD and just pissed myself laughing at how terribly imbalanced it was. Gamepace was too slow, people weren't getting punished for bad players, there was almost no room for actual good "plays" to be made anymore because of the ability prune.

TLDR - WoW PvP will always be bad until Blizzard start listening to the top players about game balance instead of the 1500 retard who thinks he deserves to win because he did his PvE rotation correctly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jensxo View Post
    The problem with WoW PvP is that the Developers listen to the majority of players who do arena without listening to the actual higher rated streamers top quality players. The majority of players who do arena actually suck at it and tend to blame losses on "lots of CC or Lack of CC" In MoP, it was actually incredibly balanced. For a new player in Arena - you had to actually learn the meta to get good and high rated which took time, but instead as usual, the lower rated players whined about too much CC when there really WASNT that much. I never remember Cdew being CC'd for 20 seconds in a game...wanna know why? Because he team actually knew how to play and counter CC. When i did arena in mop i hovered around 2600-2700 mmr consistently vsing streamers/rank 1s/glads, i don't remember a time when my healer was put into a 20 second CC or a 30 second CC chain. Obviously at lower ratings the game is going to be hard....thats the point though.

WOD PvP is the product of the bad players getting what they want and then suddenly realising that they have no idea about PvP balance at all. Emphasis on positioning has been decreased in WOD. Vital abilities that were used to control the flow and meta of 3s have been removed...thus making counter comps impossible to beat now. In MOP you had "strong" comps but no comp was ever just invincible. In MOP there was so many comps that people could play.....as a moonkin i had about 7 comps that i could play to gladiator...some were harder to master than others but that was the fun part of MOP. In WOD i think i only have 1 comp to play as a moonkin.

I don't even play WoW anymore anyway, i did arena the first season of WOD and just pissed myself laughing at how terribly imbalanced it was. Gamepace was too slow, people weren't getting punished for bad players, there was almost no room for actual good "plays" to be made anymore because of the ability prune.

TLDR - WoW PvP will always be bad until Blizzard start listening to the top players about game balance instead of the 1500 retard who thinks he deserves to win because he did his PvE rotation correctly.
    I don't remember anything else but him scratching his head as to why he is sitting another 20 second cc chain with nothing they can do about it.

Quote Originally Posted by tbm13 View Post
    Balance. Serious pvpers want balance. Which is probably really hard to do with so many damn specs in the game, but it is what it is.
    WoW PVP was as its most fun when it was less balanced, every expansion balance has been getting better but the PVP less and less fun.