Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    My problem is that cross-realm zones provide all the burdens of a connected realm, but none of the benefits. Hence, there is few mingling. You can't add the people to your friend's list, channels or guilds. Addons don't work. And sadly, a lot of shunning takes place. Especially if the realm you're crossed with is a lot larger than your own, it is mostly detrimental. Connected realms add to the community. Crossrealms strain the community.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    Ya its funny right? Its a great example of how pathetic this community is when it comes to complaining about things.
    Everyone complained about CRZ when they came in, despite it only being for leveling.
    They complain that, for whatever reason, having more people in zones is a bad then?
    Then other people complain they want classic back, and difficult leveling.
    Well guess what that means for the zone population!

The community is a train wreck. No one knows what they want, and they literally complain about anything.
    Don't make threads like this expecting an answer. There is no real one.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally none of these are true, you are just too inexperienced to know otherwise.

1. This is fixed, hasn't happened in years.
    2. Why would you be "leveling low level alt professions?" You can go 1-max profession in 20 minutes once in WoD.
    3. The economy of low leveling herbs? The "economy" isn't dead, you are just clueless. There is no need for those low-level materials anymore with WoD, and even if there were no one is stealing from your server. If you want materials you CAN go get them. If a bot can do it, surely a person can?
    4. wtf is a "rare item?" I don't even know what this would refer to, but you'll find that Rare Mobs respawn very fast in the old world, and anything that's important for progression through the zone will be there when you need it.

The only thing wrong with CRZ is you, and how little you understand about the game.
    1) no it hasn't been fixed just happened to me yesterday as I was flying around a friend.
    2) maybe I want to make low level items for transmog and such. Did you think of that?
    3)have you not seen how those low level stuff sale? Or do you talk out of your ass? For transmog and twinks those low level mats do indeed sell well and in the transmog tab coming in legion smart people are collecting and making the stuff now or again do you not know that?
    4) you don't know what rare mobs, items or mats are? Do you play the game at all or have you leveled out in the world in years? Lot of quest lines have end of quest mobs. These mobs can take at times 10 minutes or more to respawn. If I clear the way to this mob( blizz likes putting them in back of caves and such places) someone crz can run in and kill it while I am dealing with the mobs to it. This has happened to me multiple times. Being crz that person could give to shits and go on about his day as I wait for it to respawn.
    Not exactly compelling game play . Add in all rare spawns that drop mounts and such are endlessly camped now ( like time lost proto drake good luck getting that now).

How is any of that good and compelling game play?
    What did that fix?
    How did attempting to fix a small problem like small realms help?
    Instead it made a dozen or so more problems.
    How was that a good thing?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smitus View Post
    How in the actual F**K does CRZ make people interact with other players less?
    Because the crz people are glorified npc's.
    You can't trade with them nor join guilds with them.
    They are someone you more than likely will never see again so why bother?
    Instead they are a pain I the ass taking mobs, quest items and mats away from you.
    If they act like an ass hat their aren't any consequences either

10+ Year Old Account
    Ya its funny right? Its a great example of how pathetic this community is when it comes to complaining about things.
    Everyone complained about CRZ when they came in, despite it only being for leveling.
    They complain that, for whatever reason, having more people in zones is a bad then?

The community is a train wreck. No one knows what they want, and they literally complain about anything.

- - - Updated - - -

Literally none of these are true, you are just too inexperienced to know otherwise.

2. Why would you be "leveling low level alt professions?" You can go 1-max profession in 20 minutes once in WoD.
    3. The economy of low leveling herbs? The "economy" isn't dead, you are just clueless. There is no need for those low-level materials anymore with WoD, and even if there were no one is stealing from your server. If you want materials you CAN go get them. If a bot can do it, surely a person can?
    4. wtf is a "rare item?" I don't even know what this would refer to, but you'll find that Rare Mobs respawn very fast in the old world, and anything that's important for progression through the zone will be there when you need it.

The only thing wrong with CRZ is you, and how little you understand about the game.
    In the past month, I have been dismounted and died while flying through old zones 3 times, and it was always at the border of the zones.

New players are unable to get to Draenor, so are you essentially saying that new players are fucked in terms of profession until they reach max level? (Also remember that Blizzard has outright said that ~60% of new players do not reach max level, ever. This was back in Cata, so its likely much worse now)

With the addition of account-wide transmog, low lvl mats will become more important as players pursue the low lvl crafted items for Tmog. Have you actually attempted to gather mats in CRZ since the changes? In a few areas, the mats are highly contested - Ghost Mushrooms, which until Draenor were 100% needed for C-modes to make invis potions, can only be found in 2 very small caves in the ENTIRE game, and when you went to farm them, there would be so many cross-realm players that it would take an entire hour just to get a stack of 20. In addition, you can come across all kind of speed hackd/terrain hacking/bots, ect that travel at something like 1000% movement speed and can farm an entire zone's worth of herbs within 5 minutes - The average respawn time of nodes is around 10 minutes.

"Rare" mobs, like Posiedus, TLPD, Aeonaxx, Camel statues, only spawn, at best, twice/week. So only two players/week, on average, will be able to attain those rare mounts per CRZ. Before CRZ, it was significantly easier to acquire said mounts. And even lesser rares, such as Warbringers, are hotly contested, and due to CRZ, you can often see them in one zone, but when you go there it turns out they've been dead for a half hour. Even shared-loot rares, such as Huolon, and eventually the WoD rares, have such a low amount of health that players can, and WILL, one-shot them without a damn for anyone else looking for them. Hell, its harder to get Huolon and such NOW then it was back when Timeless Isle was a full zone with hundred of people it in! All just because players can one shot em, and since the zone is full of anonymous douchebags, will one shot them, because who gives a rats-ass about a player you will never, ever, EVER see again?

CRZ promotes toxic behavior, anti-social behavior, selfishness, and all-around lack of compassion for humanity. Not to mention, that it completely DESTROYED any attempt to keep realm's community together (See a number of previous responses where realms had fun things going on pre-CRZ, but then CRZ completely destroyed that due to being an absolute piece of crap)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Smitus View Post
    How in the actual F**K does CRZ make people interact with other players less?
    Pre-CRZ, when you saw a person, you knew that you would likely see them over and over again throughout the course of the game. If you saw someone struggling, you would help em out. If someone wanted to do a group-quest, you would help em out. If they played decently, you would add them to your friends list, knowing that they would be around in the future to help you out. If you got ganked, you could put that person on your to-kill list, and gank them in return (Hell, even start ganking their guildies). Ect, ect. All of this built up relationships, whether positive or competitive.

In CRZ? Someone you see struggling? Pull some mobs into their AoE and laugh at them while they die (This has happened to me more then once on PvE realms) just because you can. Someone comes along, ganks you, and corpse camps you until you log? Nothing you can ever do about em, because you will never see em again.

There is absolutely nothing about CRZ that fosters community buildings. Ask yourself, is the community in Sargeras-EU anywhere near as tight, with everyone knowing who everyone else was, today as it was in BC? Or even Wrath?

Wait, not a good question to ask - You came to Sargeras from Turaylon, so have no points of comparison it seems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gelannerai View Post
    CRZ was a forced solution to a problem that didn't really exist, and has caused serious problems with the game with no truly tangible benefit due to poor implementation that has gone largely unaddressed since the feature launched.
    That pretty much sums up Blizzard's whole end-game design too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

Pre-CRZ, when you saw a person, you knew that you would likely see them over and over again throughout the course of the game. If you saw someone struggling, you would help em out. If someone wanted to do a group-quest, you would help em out. If they played decently, you would add them to your friends list, knowing that they would be around in the future to help you out. If you got ganked, you could put that person on your to-kill list, and gank them in return (Hell, even start ganking their guildies). Ect, ect. All of this built up relationships, whether positive or competitive.

In CRZ? Someone you see struggling? Pull some mobs into their AoE and laugh at them while they die (This has happened to me more then once on PvE realms) just because you can. Someone comes along, ganks you, and corpse camps you until you log? Nothing you can ever do about em, because you will never see em again.
    This is all very true. I have zero qualms about stealing mobs or items from people now that I know I'll almost definitely never see them again and there's no way for them to impact my experience meaningfully when I can just replace them with the thousands of other players constantly phasing in and out of my character's existence.

I wish people from other realms could trade. If I meet someone in a cross realm zone, make friends, then can't even trade, it kinda makes me upset.

CRZ exacerbates many long standing issues in the core game, simple as that.

Partying up for levelling is not very beneficial especially when there still exists, albeit in older expansion zones, quests that simply do not share credit at all. So the net effect is a perceived malus to quest progress.

For better or worse long gone are the times when you actually may have needed help questing, even if only a little. Most/all specs can dump truck quest content with ease. There's little incentive to help stuff faster when you already smash mobs like a hyper mobile Mario Thwomp.

Impromptu grouping is actively discouraged by the game by dropping dungeon queues so if you wanted to quest a bit while waiting for a long queue you aren't interested at all in partying with someone.

Of course there's also the problem of having to share loot, which I'm sure everyone has their own horror story of "that guy" who stole "my loot" who just happened to be in the party.

I could go on.

CRZ isn't in-of-itself to blame. I think it's a great idea, but Blizzard needed to address several anti-social aspects of the game instead of trying to force people to be social while those are still present. The end result is leaving lots of players bitter at other players, there-by further driving the problem along by making people not want to interact with each other "because everyone else is a dick so screw them"
    Last edited by tehpwner; 2016-02-06 at 08:06 PM.

Have you played the nearly nonexistent faction on a high pop realm before? Even on PvE it can be harsh between having the problems of being low-pop (lack of people to group with and nothing in the AH) and how cocky the high-pop faction gets (trolling because there will be no consequences). Because I didn't want the experience of playing Horde on Stormrage-US I didn't roll Horde on Stormrage-US. CRZ essentially turned my experience from a high to medium pop relatively faction balanced server into being Horde on Stormrage-US. Gathering became a nightmare, and any time I was questing I became the chew toy of bored high level Alliance players. Later when they moved all the servers from the NYC datacenter to Chicago it swung all the way to the other side- Horde from Area 52-US everywhere leading to the same issues for my Alliance characters that my Horde ones had before. Weirdly, it never reached any kind of balance between the two high-pop servers.

Grouping never improved (hell, grouping is discouraged by design anyway), I still rarely saw people of my own faction and level, people were aggressively trollish, gathering was stupid competitive and the limited resources never ended up on my local AH.

Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    it's just a money saving thing for Blizz
    This! Realm hoping makes it really ridiculous...

I think the worst part is always when you're near the border of a zone, and you spot a rarespawn or mineral node, so you go over to where the mark on the minimap, and then suddenly the game realizes that it was lying to you, nothing spawns, and the minimap corrects itself.

Or when you are on a route from a flight master, and you spot a rare, and then it isn't actually there.

10+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

1) You sir are a liar. It happens even today.
    2) WOD is for 90+ characters, not level 20s.
    3) see 2)
    4) you again are a liar.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Serious question since I haven't played World of Warcraft in quite some time and don't know why there is so much hate towards cross realm zones. What's with all the cross realm zone hate? I thought they were created to help balance lower populated servers. Are people mad that there are other players there now that they may need to interact with in an MMO? Or, they have an increased chance to lose a spawn or something? Nothing really makes sense to me about the hate unless people like playing with themselves all the time.
    In short: because CRZ solves no problmes of low-pop realms, only adds new ones. Instead of merging low-pop servers, which one could see as a logical move when one has to deal with a bunch of low-pop servers, - which would actually bring life to low pop realms due to stream of new players - Blizzard made crz, filled with random nonames from another servers, who don't care about anyone and just rip low-pop realms' resources and rare spawns. So, at the end of the day, people from low-pop realms have all the cons of playing at high-pop servers, like fighting over spawns, while have nearly zero advantages of said realms.

Well, obviously, Blizzard could not rip 20 bucks for realm transfers if they merged servers instead of creating crz abomination. Bobby Kotick and his yachts, y'know.

Also: why "hate" word? Are people not allowed to dislike something or criticize something nowadays without being instantly called "haters" by fanboys? Pfft.
    Last edited by l33t; 2016-02-06 at 11:04 PM.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though