Another prot warrior trinket question!

Hey guys...!
    Was wondering about the best trinkets combo for the last few fights in mythic. (Tyrant, Xhul, Mannoroth, Arch..)

Trinkets I currently have :
    WUE (Mythic)
    ACP (H - Warforged)
    Purified shard (heirloom trinket)
    Imbued stone sigil (Mythic.. garbage)
    Unending hunger (Heroic)
    EDH (Heroic) I use it on farm.
    Tyrants decree ( Warforged.. and garbage).
    Worldbeaker's Resolve (H - Warforged... class trinket)

Played around with the heirloom trinket... it seems pretty OP. Wonder which one I should replace tough... WUE is alrdy pretty strong, same goes for ACP..
    Anyone using Chorus for farm ? Is it better than ACP ?
    Last edited by Sniffalot; 2016-02-09 at 07:29 PM.

I have about the same for trinkets and can tell you I always use ACP. I was using a Heroic ACP w/socket til this past week when Iskar dropped the Mythic version, no socket but no matter. After that I usually use a H-UH as Gore is being an ass and has yet to drop the Mythic version, and I keep rolling gold...

Now I have tested the Heirloom on Gore, Tyrant and Zakuun. From that I have found that for Gore I use UH, Tyrant is WUE and Zakuun is the Heirloom as it negates his disarm phase and enrage phase. Popping it after the ring and decent resolve is netting me 1.3mil-1.5mil shields and I just dps for those 20secs.

We did poke at Xhul a little bit and the heirloom does work pretty well as big green and the imps are demons but I may stick to WUE. I am curious to find out how DC works for trash and/or certain cleave bosses like HFA and Iskar. Cant get one of those to drop in normal, heroic or mythic.

-Grev(Aeo)

Ty for your input..!

Tyrant: WUE and ACP.

Xhul: class + ACP (tip, disable warnings for all abilities other than your color strike as well as your add's special ability, always have Sblk up for those)

Manno: class trinket and boa trinket. Class trinket is for soaking Wraths and BoA is for the Glaive combo.

On Arch I go WUE and class, but this is due to our strat where we still get 2 doom fires in p1 and we have to soak 15 stacks while still 3 healing it (I know, our dps is slacking). If you don't have to take as many stacks (or better yet, you don't have to take any as the hunters/mages take care of it all) then go WUE and ACP.

Ty, kind of info I was looking for !

Quote Originally Posted by Herogamer555 View Post
    Tyrant: WUE and ACP.

Xhul: class + ACP (tip, disable warnings for all abilities other than your color strike as well as your add's special ability, always have Sblk up for those)

Manno: class trinket and boa trinket. Class trinket is for soaking Wraths and BoA is for the Glaive combo.

On Arch I go WUE and class, but this is due to our strat where we still get 2 doom fires in p1 and we have to soak 15 stacks while still 3 healing it (I know, our dps is slacking). If you don't have to take as many stacks (or better yet, you don't have to take any as the hunters/mages take care of it all) then go WUE and ACP.
    You seem to be sold on the class trinket. I haven't used it since I got UH+ACP which are my go to trinkets. WUE+ACP when its warranted or progression. Any reasons for using it?

*Note* I am curious as we are progressing on Xhul atm and wanted to see if I can lighten the load on my healers.

Thanks,

-Grev(Aeo)

Class trinket is at its best on Xhul specifically. It's not as good (but still best used) on Mannoroth/Archimonde. BoA trinket isn't super useful outside of Manno.

The main reason it's so good on Xhul is that Vanguard, who you should probably be tanking, melees while doing Felblaze Flurry. Since he DWs, he can double melee you for ~150k each while still channeling Felblaze Flurry, AND on top of that it can all sync up with a Fel Strike from Xhul. This is pretty damn nasty, but having the ~30% free magic DR from shield block helps a lot. It's basically like you already have a magic external up everytime you Shield Block.

So yeah basically it's really good for the free ~30% magic reduction every time you Shield Block on those fights, which is a lot.

Heirloom trinket isn't great on Xhul because Xhul is an aberration and not a Demon btw. The early part of the fight ends relatively quickly once your guild actually learns how to do mechanics and stops derping on voidfiends/etc.

Deleted
    Personally, I HATE ACP with passion. It has what, a 50% uptime? Yeah, that is cute, but I want a reliable - 100% - uptime WHEN I NEED IT THE MOST. That is the reason why I go, when I am concerned about my survivability, with WUE + IBS. Those trinkets I can rely on.

Deleted
    Hi guys, i actually have H-ACP and Knight's Badge (5/6) trinkets and yesterday Gorefiend dropped H-UH, i'd like to know if i should replace Knight's Badge.

Thanks

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm biased, that's a DPS trinket, but I'd say the Badge stays. My theory is that the crit on both more or less averages out, so you're comparing the tanking benefit of stacks of Strength adding to Shield Barrier, vs. constant Bonus Armor. And unless the fight is heavily energy based, I'm guessing you'll get more benefit from constant armor than you will for spikey Shield Barriers, which might not proc when you actually need them.

That's just from a quick glance, of course. I'll let someone willing to run numbers have a more informed say.

Deleted
    Thanks for your answer, but did you consider the difference in ilvl ? 710 Knight's Badge vs 720 H-UH and i don't have the necessary gold to up the Knight's Badge 6/6

Quote Originally Posted by Rouedkaross View Post
    Hi guys, i actually have H-ACP and Knight's Badge (5/6) trinkets and yesterday Gorefiend dropped H-UH, i'd like to know if i should replace Knight's Badge.

Thanks
    Most of my fights have me using ACP+UH. The only time that changes is for progression or extremely hard hitting fights where I swap ACP for WUE. The amount of parry that is granted by UH, let alone the crit and thus rage generation, is amazing. On trash I use DC+UH and on Xhul, progression, I am using the class trinket+WUE due to the fact that I am tanking him and big green and need all the reduction I can get til we can figure the fight out. Once we do that its back to ACP+UH.

Just my two-cents.

-Grev(Aeo)