Page 64 of 64 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    Oh I realise that. Hence I rather want Blizzard to make the current game worth while. I want them to make the world more dangerous. I want dungeons to be dangerous. I want grouping to matter. I want true server mergers.

If they did that instead of legacy or pristine crap, I would be 100% for it.
    I think plenty of people would like that, and I personally think that's a better path forward than dwelling too much in the past and trying to bring back Vanilla servers. I would prefer they take this feedback on board, learn why people liked Vanilla servers, and use that knowledge to improve the game going forward, and try to bring back some of that old spark.

Y'know maybe "pristine" idea isn't THAT bad, if they made some additional improvements as well. I wouldn't be totally opposed to them creating a kind of "hardcore" realm with the rules they mentioned for pristines and some additional things, like much more dangerous mobs, named quest mobs being stronger elites and multiple difficulties removed from dungeons/raids to be replaced with the hardest version only :P

Deleted
    It;s got to the point where we are just waiting for a response from mark kern about the meeting with Mike, so we just have to wait, also what happened with the nost devs meeting blizzard?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bluspacecow View Post
    So not "new" as rym claims.
    Right. I was wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post

Many eyes are on this topic, not just current subscribers. ALOT MORE. The last expansion I bought was Cataclysm. It stunk. I won't be buying any more, so there is no hype for me.

I will subscribe to a legacy server, however!
    Just curious, but were you a loner and unguilded in Cataclysm? Because if you had friends / guild, Cataclysm was an amazing expansion. It might have sucked for players expecting to be handed things on a silver platter with how they became accustomed to the easy LFD dungeons that Wrath of the Fail King gave them.

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0kk View Post
    It;s got to the point where we are just waiting for a response from mark kern about the meeting with Mike, so we just have to wait, also what happened with the nost devs meeting blizzard?
    They haven't met as of yet but the Nost team hyped a "special feature" from the dev team over the weekend. It turned out to be a replay system.

At the end Blizzard is a company and they want to make money. I think they realize that they will make lots of money by capturing the "vanilla" audience so they will definitely do something. But, it will come long after Legion, most likely early 2017. Just like every expansion Legion will make subscription numbers go up a lot and then it slowly dies out. Some kind of vanilla initative makes sense for them from a business perspective now. Nost was the proof of concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansen88a View Post
    At the end Blizzard is a company and they want to make money. I think they realize that they will make lots of money by capturing the "vanilla" audience so they will definitely do something. But, it will come long after Legion, most likely early 2017. Just like every expansion Legion will make subscription numbers go up a lot and then it slowly dies out. Some kind of vanilla initative makes sense for them from a business perspective now. Nost was the proof of concept.
    How will it make lots of money, they basically have to develop, maintain and update a whole separate game for a small player base. It would need a separate subscription fee to even be plausible and that would kill it right there. Nost is no proof of concept as it was free to play, did not include the level of security or maintenance that blizzard servers include. Lastly successful businesses move forward, dying businesses got backwards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaelexi View Post
    How will it make lots of money, they basically have to develop, maintain and update a whole separate game for a small player base. It would need a separate subscription fee to even be plausible and that would kill it right there. Nost is no proof of concept as it was free to play, did not include the level of security or maintenance that blizzard servers include. Lastly successful businesses move forward, dying businesses got backwards.
    not entirely true.. if it were implemented it would likely be within the normal subscription but simply a different server option, almost like picking a region.
    obviously it would be hard to implement, and i don't think they will (for a while, at least) or should necessarily, but it is possible
    "Brace yourselves, Trolls are coming."
    Signature By: Mythriz

Stood in the Fire chase_the_mofo's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    So what happened to legacy servers???? Any news?
    From all things I've lost I miss my mind the most.

Quote Originally Posted by chase_the_mofo View Post
    So what happened to legacy servers???? Any news?
    Nothing .