Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cebel View Post
    Pristine Realms as an idea are complete trash. Vanilla/TBC was a different game. No one simply wants leveling to take more time. Thats the dumbest "compromise" ever.
    Have to agree... they must know that as well. I think they are in a real bad spot through. Vanilla may attract more players then their current game that went though ten years of "improvements". It is hard to go to your boss and explain why you should keep your job if something almost a decade out of date in terms of programming is destroying your ass.

Deleted
    Id happily play on Vanilla-Wrath servers (would prefer Vanilla) but this sounds like a bad idea.

What youre suggesting is just "no pants" mode. Same game but you just have to grind longer. It serves no purpose. In Vanilla, overcoming every challenge came with a reward. It was difficult to level but you gained a talent point and access to new gear and got a tiny bit more powerful with every level. It felt rewarding. Getting reps to exalted was rewarding as it gave you access to new gear and things, raiding was rewarding.

Now its kinda not. Hell I havent even done the gold challenge cause there was no point. Silver was enough to get into dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Lilija View Post
    I can give you solution for 2 of the issues you mentioned. Find other people who feel the same you do, create a guild (or add yourself to friend list) and do dungeons together w/o heirlooms.
    this is just a person who really doesn't understand or want to understand how other ppl feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I think Pristine Realms are a great idea, and would happily play my main on one if it is as described in the Blizzard post, so.
    Lol, have fun with that. Im sure it'll be tons of fun. Same shit game with the same lack of content, but at least leveling will take an extra day or 2! Woohoo!

Pristine Realms as an idea are complete trash. Vanilla/TBC was a different game. No one simply wants leveling to take more time. Thats the dumbest "compromise" ever.
    You did read that leveling speed was just one small part of the pristine server idea right? I swear it feels like most people just read one line of a post and base their entire argument off of that one line.

Is pristine servers a perfect idea? No. Can they be? Maybe.
    It's about getting back to that feeling you had during Vanilla and TBC in the live version of the game. Will it solve the legacy server problem? No. Will it solve the problems with the live version of the game? Maybe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    You did read that leveling speed was just one small part of the pristine server idea right? I swear it feels like most people just read one line of a post and base their entire argument off of that one line.

Is pristine servers a perfect idea? No. Can they be? Maybe.
    It's about getting back to that feeling you had during Vanilla and TBC in the live version of the game. Will it solve the legacy server problem? No. Will it solve the problems with the live version of the game? Maybe.
    You need to reread it because the leveling speed is the only adjustment being made. Its still the same core game that people hate right now with dumbed down classes and a lack of identity, and legion does little to resolve that. Pruning the abilities of the game is a core fundamental problem with the current development team. They seem to believe what people want out of an MMO is a moba.

Also since you seem to thing its making major core changes, here's their description of pristine realms:

In essence that would turn off all leveling acceleration including character transfers, heirloom gear, character boosts, Recruit-A-Friend bonuses, WoW Token, and access to cross realm zones, as well as group finder.

So yes. It is only leveling their changing, and making it "hard" to find groups.

Nothing changes. Its just adding inconvenience back to the game, which isnt what most legacy players want. The game had identity back then. Each class was unique and different from any other. Content wasnt created and then immediately made obsolete as soon as the next batch of content came out.

Most legacy players would probably like to see some changes come with it, but they liked the game how it was so much that theyre willing to overlook those things simply to enjoy the best parts of it.
    Last edited by Cebel; 2016-05-05 at 06:08 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aleks0410 View Post
    So your guild will fall behind the rest of the server. Your solution doesn't work.
    You can't have a pie and eat it.

Lol, have fun with that. Im sure it'll be tons of fun. Same shit game with the same lack of content, but at least leveling will take an extra day or 2! Woohoo!
    Wait wait wait, you're complaining about lack of content but then stumping for a server that would never have new content?

This is exactly what Blizzard means when they say, "You think you do, but you don't."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SoBBeN1 View Post
    this is just a person who really doesn't understand or want to understand how other ppl feel.
    Do you understand or want to understand how all the people feel?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    Wait wait wait, you're complaining about lack of content but then stumping for a server that would never have new content?

This is exactly what Blizzard means when they say, "You think you do, but you don't."
    When I say content Im talking about shit to do. Theres NOTHING to do in WoD. Theres no reason to go into the world. Legacy servers give you reasons to go into the world.

Also I never said I wanted legacy servers, but pristine servers are a fucking slap in the face.

but pristine servers are a fucking slap in the face.
    Good info here. Pristine servers are not what Legacy folks want, but rather what Blizzard wants people to believe subscribers want.

It seems more of a muddled vision that can be implemented, shown to fail, with dev's saying "See, I told you so!!". I have to nip that now before it starts. It's not what retro legacy players even remotely want. Not. Even. Close.
    Last edited by Vineri; 2016-05-08 at 01:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vineri View Post
    Good info here. Pristine servers are not what Legacy folks want, but rather what Blizzard wants people to believe subscribers want.

It seems more of a muddled vision that can be implemented, shown to fail, with dev's saying "See, I told you so!!". I have to nip that now before it starts. It's not what retro legacy players even remotely want. Not. Even. Close.
    It might not be close, but it's something I'm interested in seeing if they could pull it off well. I don't think it's a ploy to watch it fail because there's no fucking way they'd spend the resources to make it happen just so they didn't have to release legacy servers. I don't see how that makes any sense outside of crazy conspiracy theories, but I guess there's always a chance you're right.

I played on Nostalrius and I thoroughly enjoyed it, but so long as Blizzard is interested in making a game that caters to those who want an experience more akin to vanilla/TBC, I'm interested in playing it. If pristine servers can capture some of what vanilla/TBC used to give me in terms of character progression and socialization, then I'm willing to give it a chance.

The idea might fail miserably, but I'm not ready to give up on WoW and relegate myself to only enjoying two expansions. How long is that gonna last?