Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    Vanilla dungeons gave sets.
    Vanilla dungeons took a while to do, and gearing through them took a long enough time that by the time you were done with your gear more came out.
    By the time they stopped releasing new 5 mans, they added a way to upgrade your 5 man set to epic.

Vanilla had 5 man progression, TBC had 5 man progression, worse than vanilal but still had it. I have NO FUCKING IDEA why this went away as we went further into WOW's life line.
    Because LFD. It could be spammed so people geared up quicker

Because wiping 5 times and spending 2 hours in a dungeon is great gameplay right?

It always happens with a noob tank or crappy healer. Its not fun and not the most time effective way of playing your hour or two a night session.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlz View Post
    And then you get shit like this

It was tolerable for the first time and then it got really tiresome because the bigger the group of random people, the less responsibility each one of the participants feels. AFKing or leeching in 5man timewalking will most likely get you kicked, whereas it's not really a case in LFR (can just put someone on follow and autoattack, noone will notice anyway). Maybe it was just me but the impression I got from MC LFR was that even people who usually like LFR, didn't generally enjoy that particular event.
    Aww fuck i had forgotten about the monster that was Molten core LFR. I don't think anyone actually liked it and the only reason people ran it was because of the mount and that 50k pet.

I like them being streamlined. I can't stand dungeons like Uldaman and Blackrock. I'm not a noob who requires everything handed to me, but I simply don't have a labyrynth fetish and I get lost easily. I'm afraid I am directionally challenged and I even get "left" and "right" mixed up

I will say that I don't like the new raid layouts though, with portals everywhere. I've gotten more familiar with HFC and places feel disconnected from each other. ICC I liked, as it felt you were in a citadel. In HFC, I'm not at all getting that feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    Sunken Temple was fantastic. Not nostalgia.

WoW used to be about adventuring. Now it's about collecting.

Unfortunately, for me, I like the former.
    Zone into sunken temple. run into a portal and as you enter portal (before the loading screen) alt+f4 out of game. when you launch the game again you should be on the other side of the portal. go explore old ST !

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    Zone into sunken temple. run into a portal and as you enter portal (before the loading screen) alt+f4 out of game. when you launch the game again you should be on the other side of the portal. go explore old ST !
    I didn't even know it had been removed?

7+ Year Old Account
    New scholomance is god awful and we need an option to be able to run the classic one still.

Dungeons are really boring now. I think BRD was too extreme but stuff like strat and scholo were really, really enjoyable and fun. Dire maul was too.

- - - Updated - - -

Baron is the final boss of strat undead
    ??????????

Can people who didn't even play Vanilla WOW stop commenting on it?
    If you didn't get my statement was an example of other dungeons that were rushed through, stop commenting on it.

- - - Updated - - -

Vanilla dungeons gave sets.
    Vanilla dungeons took a while to do, and gearing through them took a long enough time that by the time you were done with your gear more came out.
    By the time they stopped releasing new 5 mans, they added a way to upgrade your 5 man set to epic.

Vanilla had 5 man progression, TBC had 5 man progression, worse than vanilal but still had it. I have NO FUCKING IDEA why this went away as we went further into WOW's life line.
    1. Vanilla dungeon sets were valuable because epic loot drop was scarce in raids and you needed to meet the gear cap. However most people I raided with, completed the tier 1 set first and never the dungeon set. Only Fire resist items were mandatory to get to meet FR requirements.
    2. This is false. They never added new dungeons in vanilla after the final bunch were done, which was before BWL released. The only way to get higher gear was to raid or craft certain slots. The only real gearing dungeons, except DM, were 10-15 man runs. Gear was scarce because loot drops were meant for 5 people.
    3. 5 man epic sets were the first catchup mechanic added almost at the end of vanilla. During 90% of the content you didn't have those sets available. Which by the way, were shit compared to even molten core gear.

Vanilla had no 5 man progression. Everything was a stepping stone into raiding since to kill bosses in vanilla you only needed one thing: gear.
    Last edited by Allenseiei; 2016-05-04 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    2. This is false. They never added new dungeons in vanilla after the final bunch were done, which was before BWL released. The only way to get higher gear was to raid or craft certain slots. The only real gearing dungeons, except DM, were 10-15 man runs. Gear was scarce because loot drops were meant for 5 people.
    While they didn't add dungeons after Dire Maul and Maraudon (in the patches before BWL was released), they did revamp Silithus just before AQ to add 5-man gearing content, and they added the Tier 0.5 dungeon set upgrade quests in the patch after AQ's release (which functionally included some new dungeon content as quest events).

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anguirel View Post
    While they didn't add dungeons after Dire Maul and Maraudon (in the patches before BWL was released), they did revamp Silithus just before AQ to add 5-man gearing content, and they added the Tier 0.5 dungeon set upgrade quests in the patch after AQ's release (which functionally included some new dungeon content as quest events).
    So adding 5-man gearing content in silithus which was worse than dungeon gear is good? Upgrading gear by doing the same dungeons is something that hasn't been done almost any expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by Allenseiei View Post
    So adding 5-man gearing content in silithus which was worse than dungeon gear is good? Upgrading gear by doing the same dungeons is something that hasn't been done almost any expansion?
    Tanaan Jungle, Mythic Dungeons... Yes, apparently it is good. IIRC, due to how bizarre itemization was back then, that gear in Silithus was also sometimes the best possible piece, and significantly better than anything in a dungeon. I might be thinking of the outdoor raid summons, though, not the 5-man pieces.

Anyway -- I don't agree with the person to whom you replied only in their conclusion -- it never went away. There's always been a continuation of small group content throughout an expansion in some form. Later on it was even more explicit (additional higher difficulty dungeons, new daily hubs with group content).

Graphically speaking, the new Scholomance is nice looking, but it's overdone in my opinion. I prefer the old one. I understand the intent on making dungeons more linear. Some people want a faster run nowadays, while others do not. I mean the type of player base that exist today is different. Anyhow, from what I remember of the old dungeons is the sense of exploration. Diremaul is a good example of this. The secret passage ways that connected the entire place was something else - inside and outside of the dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Turaska View Post
    I feel I'm really not getting this whole Garrison 2.0 thing across, let me be more blunt - ORDER HALLS = GARRISON
    The order halls are nothing like the garrison at all, besides having the Follower system implemented or the artifact being tied to it with perks. Other than that, there's motive to leave it and be out in the world doing stuff.

Poor boss mechanics (very few stood out as "wow....." most of them were just recycled/hybrid spliced disasters)
    This has been going on for the entire lifespan of the game, and something people should be use to by now.

New PvP system is terrible, welcome to Call of Warcraft boys and girls, lets all prestige until the next expansion comes out!
    "Oh no, I wont be able to overpower my opponent!" The change was necessary. I'd rather be on a level playing field, then be gimmick by additional bonuses.

i like the dungeons where you have a chance to explore it slightly rather than a to b

the dungeon that comes into mind was old school wailing caverns, and sunken temple, BRD...

Emperor Runs man!!!