Engineering over Blacksmithing?

Okay I have narrowed my choices down to these 2 with the boost, other 3 professions will be enchanting seems painful to level to just 600 let alone 700 and will be helpful, tailoring to 600 (doesnt seem that hard to get to 700) as I need bags for alts and when the time comes can make armour for clothies, Alchemy to 600/700 I think potions can useful for end game and Sandstone Drake looks badass.

The last 700 boost as it will be on my farming old raid DK I was thinking engineering just for the utility but I am still unsure if the utility for one character is a better choice over having a Blacksmith able to craft gear for my plate wearing alts, for some reason I can not decide... Thoughts?

If you're going to play your DK I recommend Blacksmithing. A lot of plate wearers and you can sell your upgrades and make some coin.

I have a friend who plays regularly and seems though I am starting out he said blacksmithing for now, just so you arent spending thousands on armor probably level engineering on a warrior at some point

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    If you're going to play your DK I recommend Blacksmithing. A lot of plate wearers and you can sell your upgrades and make some coin.
    Quote Originally Posted by dragothica View Post
    Engineering brings some quality of life items/abilities which I enjoy a lot. Nitro Boosts, Jeeves, Goblin Glider etc. On my main (Enha Shaman) I have Engi/Enchanting which I feel is the perfect combination for WoD, although leveling professions is most expensive, but we were talking about boosting them..? You get the best buffs from Enchanting and Quality of Life tools from Engi. I especially love the Ghost Wolf / Spirit Walk / Nitro Boots combo for jump to light speed without having to mount up. The Nitro Boosts don't even seem to explode/fail that often at all.

I believe leveling this Engi / Encha combination in Legion will be expensive but what can you do.. I certainly hope gathering professions would be available for anyone with two production professions.
    Or Would you suggest dropping tailoring as it doesnt seem that hard and I can always level it by farming mats especially when I am 100 as I believe you get sumptuous fur from killing mobs anyway (could be wrong) tailoring for both engineering and blacksmithing also which one should be boosted to 700 or both to 700 and level alchemy or enchanting to 700
    Last edited by MonkeyPaws; 2016-05-26 at 07:50 AM.