Unholy bis for prepatch

Hey beta/ptr testers, I was wondering what will our bis gear look like when prepatch hits? Also will our 4 pc still work and be viable?

They're increasing the stat gain from Gems to 200, so you'll be looking for Items with Gems rather than Warforged gear. (Obviously both would be better)
    BiS gear is probably staying the same with a changes, below.

They removed Breath for Unholy, so you won't be needing Vial of Convulsive Shadows anymore (gives you Crit now anyways)
    Archimonde Weapon is stronger now that Multistrike is gone.
    Tyrant Neck, Iskar Wristplate and maybe Rumbling Pebble (not sure if intended but Fel Cleave performed very bad for me, even while leveling from 100 to 101).

I mostly did multitarget testing and Mastery is definitely killing it right now with Clawing Shadows (new talent that replaces Scourge Strike) dealing 100% Shadow damage, Epidemic (new Bloodboil Talent) being super strong in combination with Ebon Fever (basically Affliction Class Trinket as a Talent speeding up our Virulent Plague) and Defile.

In terms of Singeltarget fights, I guess you're also looking for Mastery (probably with Crit as second best).

To add onto that Currently pets are doing an insane amount of damage on the PTR thanks to our tier (changed to pets do 20% more damage, 4 piece is the same and still works)
    Last edited by Bluey111; 2016-06-29 at 07:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Clayney0 View Post
    They're increasing the stat gain from Gems to 200, so you'll be looking for Items with Gems rather than Warforged gear. (Obviously both would be better)
    BiS gear is probably staying the same with a changes, below.

They removed Breath for Unholy, so you won't be needing Vial of Convulsive Shadows anymore (gives you Crit now anyways)
    Archimonde Weapon is stronger now that Multistrike is gone.
    Tyrant Neck, Iskar Wristplate and maybe Rumbling Pebble (not sure if intended but Fel Cleave performed very bad for me, even while leveling from 100 to 101).

I mostly did multitarget testing and Mastery is definitely killing it right now with Clawing Shadows (new talent that replaces Scourge Strike) dealing 100% Shadow damage, Epidemic (new Bloodboil Talent) being super strong in combination with Ebon Fever (basically Affliction Class Trinket as a Talent speeding up our Virulent Plague) and Defile.

In terms of Singeltarget fights, I guess you're also looking for Mastery (probably with Crit as second best).
    From what I've seen Haste is stronger than crit and probably mastery too.
    With that and streamlined ilvls (everything is 720+) in mind Maul of Tyranny will probably be stronger than Calamity's Edge, at least at the same ilvl.

Yes haste is a quite strong stat. It will boost your burst immensly, cause your arbiter scales insanely with haste. And since we still have the ring in prepatch getting the maximum amount of burst should still yield the best results. And yes the new 2 piece setbonus is really good. 4 piece bonus is unchanged.

What is would guess is that the Archimonde Shoulders will most likely be the new best offset piece.
    I also thought about the Anzu Trinket being a really good one since all bonus armor is converted into versatility. With 3 rppm of 1.5k mastery this trinket is something to consider. But to confirm it being a viable choice i do need to test it.

So far in my PTR testing Vial has still been really strong, it gives haste instead of multistrike and by lining it up with Dark Arbiter the Val'kyr gets an extra attack and since at that point it's hitting for 400-600k in my gear during the Ring the burst is pretty strong. With the nerfs to the already weak HFC trinkets nothing has really compared to it so far. Mastery is clearly the best stat with probably Haste then Crit, though it seems close and Crit might be better, not sure. I hadn't thought of the Anzu trinket but if it works it could be pretty strong as well.

I can see mastery being an excellent stat for AOE fights and haste being an excellent stat for ST. I guess crit would be your 50/50 stat.
    Last edited by Beefkow; 2016-07-03 at 09:20 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clayney0 View Post
    They removed Breath for Unholy, so you won't be needing Vial of Convulsive Shadows anymore (gives you Crit now anyways).
    Last I checked Vial gives you haste.

Vial is still amazing with DA and the legendary ring.

Quote Originally Posted by Rothulean1 View Post
    Vial is still amazing with DA and the legendary ring.
    So is it safe to say mastery is going to be our most needed stat? Then haste, crit etc? I'm so ready for prepatch!

Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    So is it safe to say mastery is going to be our most needed stat? Then haste, crit etc? I'm so ready for prepatch!
    Yes, mastery will be the best stat. It boosts every single ability except Festering Strike, since the best talent in the second row atm is Clawing Shadows which will make the physical part of Scourge Strike also deal Shadowdamage.

Haste or Crit depends on the encounter imo. Single target i believe haste is the better stat. For aoe i think crit is better because of the insane burst aoe u get with epidemic.

Edit: Clawing shadow is third talent row not second

Deleted
    Yes haste is a quite strong stat. It will boost your burst immensly, cause your arbiter scales insanely with haste.
    YES YES YES! I testet it on Beta so much. 18-20% Haste feels so good in overall gameplay and it boosts the damage of DA so much.

Before i was testing high mastery > crit and without the haste it doesn't played well.

For Talents i mostly played with All Will Serve, Epidemic, Clawing Shadows , Sludge Belcher and Dark Arbiter. Dungeons and Raidtesting.

Quote Originally Posted by Finnypuh View Post
    YES YES YES! I testet it on Beta so much. 18-20% Haste feels so good in overall gameplay and it boosts the damage of DA so much.

Before i was testing high mastery > crit and without the haste it doesn't played well.

For Talents i mostly played with All Will Serve, Epidemic, Clawing Shadows , Sludge Belcher and Dark Arbiter. Dungeons and Raidtesting.

i play with same talents, i think they are the strongest.
    I got now 30% haste, maybe its to much?

Deleted
    Never got more than 20% haste. As long as you can spend all your runes and runic power without capping its ok i think.

I personally tried a different playstyle, trying to fit Empty Drinking Horn into the Trinkets since there are no decent Mastery Trinkets (Anzu's Cursed Plume for Iskar might be good, but Versatility is killing it for me).

The new Outbreak gives a lot quick EDH stacks when you cast it, especially with Ebon Fever(Sadly Ebon Fever is outclassed by All will serve on PTR atm), and Death and Decay will also give a lot of stacks quickly. You also get to spread it really sickeningly fast to other targets due Epidemic or Bursting Sores (encounters like Iskar can get the adds 30 stacks pretty quickly I believe).

Also, I am having thoughts on lvl 57 and lvl 90 talents....Blighted Rune weapon is sick with ring, allowing you to spam the only-Shadow dmg Crawling Shadows in opening, allowing some powerful ring explosion, and Necrosis, which also works well with Crawling Shadows.

I actually think that the new Outbreak we have works really well with Empty Drinking Horn, giving it a lot of stacks when using it(the first 6 seconds), although I still haven't tested if it can beat Vial of Convulsive Shadows, it might become a valid choice, especially for cleave fights. If anyone has tested it, let me know!

Deleted
    I just tested it... seems wierd. It actually just hase a chance to applay a stack of EDH. Here is a Video from the test.

https: //youtu.be /MIrWlYl3eTI

There are spaces in the link

7+ Year Old Account
    Q: What is BiS for pre patch?
    A: Who cares. Anzu’s Plume will be pretty good, Vial will be nerfed, but the game won’t be balanced around level 100 gameplay

LOL BEST thing I read all week
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual

Quote Originally Posted by Piz813 View Post
    Q: What is BiS for pre patch?
    A: Who cares. Anzu’s Plume will be pretty good, Vial will be nerfed, but the game won’t be balanced around level 100 gameplay

LOL BEST thing I read all week
    I just read that in the unholy legion faq. Pretty hilarious but a great answer.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 0verdose View Post
    I just read that in the unholy legion faq. Pretty hilarious but a great answer.
    i know right! hahaha

am excited to try Castigator with high crit next week cause at level 110 I wont be able to use that talent for weeks
    Percocetz Aeirie Peak Alliance- because im a F'n WEREWOLF!
    Filthy Casual