Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    intelligent people
    So luckily no problem on that front.

Its boring and annoying to grind something out to get that one piece of gear when you could have bought it weeks ago.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Industrial heart of the USSR... now torn apart
    Quote Originally Posted by cFortyfive View Post
    So luckily no problem on that front.
    What do you mean by that? Intelligent people being annoyed by this continuous evolution from reasonably deterministic rewards to jackpot machine is no problem? If enough of them quit over that, there will be a serious problem for my guild at least, and probably for the whole game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nobleshield View Post
    It's not 2004. People have lives, jobs, families etc

Quote Originally Posted by Cynep View Post
    What do you mean by that?
    I was hinting at the general lack of "intelligent" players in about any game.
    Anyways rng on rewards has become so widespread and successful I hardly believe it's going to cause issues for Blizzard regardless of my personal opinion on the subject or yours.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Did you not gear in vanilla, bc, wrath, cata, and mop aswell? because those all had RNG

- - - Updated - - -

they dident reduce it, they just made less stuff drop really
    No the drop was RNG, the stats, the thing that made you look for specific drops, were fixed.

Infractions: 2

Quote Originally Posted by Zoldam View Post
    No the drop was RNG, the stats, the thing that made you look for specific drops, were fixed.
    Correct RNG was not reduced, they just limited the what stats could attached to items per class. You still get the occasional non class item or item with a specific class bonus, but Barbarians are no longer getting Mighty Weapons with int on them.

On topic, I currently have 12 110s two of which were Heroic ready once they dinged, one that was not even close, and the rest were just a few ilvls off. I think the worrying about the randomness has been blown way out of proportion. The drops are just as random as they ever have been. The only new element is what ilvl they will be. No one is getting shortchanged in the gear department. From what I have seen this can only benefit people since the gear that drops while questing has a base ilvl, dungeons have a base ilvl, raiding has a base ilvl and it all can go up from there. World quests give you the opportunity to get gear which IMO replace farming currency to buy a piece. Crafted items can be upgraded to 850 at the start then that increases as raids are released. With no limit on crafted gear you can easily target the item you need and level it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Embriel View Post
    Ideally yes, but now Blizzard have decided that only one of those are fun and exciting despite a large portion of the community yelling at them that it's not. Just take a look at the top WoW youtubers, at best they're indifferent to it, most likely they're against it.
    They are kinda right. People claimed they loved farming heroics when in essence they loved getting easy currency and getting easy currency only.

Deleted
    the big difference with this randomness is that you'll still be getting upgrades while farming for example... so in general this ilvl rng prolongs the gearing process and basicly rewards farming raids. this change also combats(to a certain degree) all the disenchanting that has been inevitable when you progressed through raids at a slower pace than top guilds for example(basicly the majority of all raiding guilds).

Quote Originally Posted by Mildren View Post
    the big difference with this randomness is that you'll still be getting upgrades while farming for example... so in general this ilvl rng prolongs the gearing process and basicly rewards farming raids. this change also combats(to a certain degree) all the disenchanting that has been inevitable when you progressed through raids at a slower pace than top guilds for example(basicly the majority of all raiding guilds).
    Especially since there is a duplicate protection system that lessens the chance for duplicate loot in PL raids and allowing trading in LFR for those willing to trade. But this couldn't be a WoW discussion with out all the nay saying, the sky is falling, or everything Blizzard has done since Vanilla/TBC/Wrath has been bad comments.

10+ Year Old Account
    I preferred working towards collecting enough badges to buy my gear.

That to me was more exciting. Knowing I'm only X amount of badges away from this chest piece or whatever.
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    The drops are just as random as they ever have been. The only new element is what ilvl they will be.
    Actually lold a bit.