so how was Arms in Beta? I know pre-patch Arms is just PAIN

Icy veins says Arms is basically worse than shit, compared to Fury. (for pre-patch, they don't say how is it in Beta)
    But I like Arms much more, any Beta players know how it's like on Beta?
    Can I actually play Arms, do couple % less damage, but be happy like a clam, or will I be equal to Disco Priest in damage?

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    Icy veins says Arms is basically worse than shit, compared to Fury. (for pre-patch, they don't say how is it in Beta)
    Can I actually play Arms, do couple % less damage, but be happy like a clam, or will I be equal to Disco Priest in damage?
    Arms relies very heavily on the artifact weapon (Increased procrate on Tactician, more MS/execute damage when used right after CSmash, AoE CSmash on 1 minute cooldown.), so the spec is a bit of a mess right now, but people called arms spec "middle of the pack" in beta, make of that what you will...

Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    not sure what disc priest does, but arms dmg a couple of hotfixes/balance patches ago was around 25-30 k dps less then fury, so choose wisely.

alternatively you can always try it on a doll ofc.

The fact you rely so much on CS makes it quite awful to have a sustained cleave / aoe dmg because outside of the CS window provided by your artifacts talent, you will deal no dmg in AOE.

Other than that, the spec is really fun to play and it indeed feels better than fury BUT, at the moment if you want to min max it, you have to play with Focused rage which is a off gcd spam fest and tbh, it is hurting my wrist after 5 min of gameplay.

so much for tuning...

This is something I have been looking into as well. From what I have heard Arm's gets better with a filled out artifact tree and the 4 piece set bonus from T19. But that basically means that we remain "middle of the road" for months before we start to actually do some serious damage given the time it will take to complete our artifact weapon and get the 4 piece...

I also don't exactly trust Blizzard to tune Arm's correctly, not after WoD. I have been heavily considering maining another class for Legion.

Deleted
    Arms really depends on the artifact, both for ST and especially for AoE. It is worth noting that lvl 100 tuning is way off, due to the fact that it's basically leveling content in the future, so balance is off during pre-patch.

As far as I know, arms will excel in burst situations (with it's highest damage potential being CS-Smash / Warbreaker windows during Battle Cry -> 5s burst), thus being among the best classes for short-duration increases in damage done/enemy damage taken or in fights where quickly nuking adds or dealing with a damage threshold is vital. In the past that niche was frequent enough for me to consider it a decent trade-off for being in the middle of the pack otherwise.