Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

Item cache/retrieval slow/unreliable; TSM freezing/DC

Blizzard apparently made some broken change to item caching, so now the first time per session that you open the AH with TSM, it freezes for 1-2 minutes and sometimes DCs. Then the first time you shop or post with anything more than a trivial search, it does the same thing.

Anyone have any more insight into this?

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    Blizzard apparently made some broken change to item caching, so now the first time per session that you open the AH with TSM, it freezes for 1-2 minutes and sometimes DCs. Then the first time you shop or post with anything more than a trivial search, it does the same thing.

Anyone have any more insight into this?
    Currently GetItem* functions have quite poor performance and also may cause massive memory bloat. You can crash client by using them as intended T_T These are known issues and have already been reported.

There's nothing we can do about, we have to sit, wait and hope that blizz will fix it.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    The latest in Blizzard and TSM tag-teaming. Holy God this is irritating.

But this is probably an actual TSM bug or something that TSM can at least work around.

Code:
    Addon: TradeSkillMaster_Auctioning
    Message: ...Ons\TradeSkillMaster_Auctioning\modules\PostScan.lua:462: bad argument #1 to 'max' (number expected, got nil)
    Date: 07/22/16 18:56:51
    Client: 7.0.3
    Locale: enUS
    Combat: false
    Stack:
        TSM_Auctioning\modules\PostScan.lua:462: <ShouldPost>
        TSM_Auctioning\modules\PostScan.lua:350: <ProcessItem>
        TSM_Auctioning\modules\PostScan.lua:223: <PostScan.lua:197>
        TSM\CoreAPI\Threading.lua:512: <Threading.lua:509>
    <snip>
    AUCTION_SCANNING_SCAN_ALL_PAGES[DONE,0.0%,0]
        2016/07/22 18:56:13.127 [TSM (Core):INFO:312] Thread done: GENERATE_QUERIES[DONE,60.1%,2]
        2016/07/22 18:56:13.127 [TSM (Core):ERR:199] Auction count database not complete
        2016/07/22 18:54:55.780 [TSM (Core):INFO:312] Thread done: CRAFTING_PLAYER_TRADESKILLS[DONE,7.6%,0]
        2016/07/22 18:54:53.537 [Warehousing:INFO:96] Registered with TSM!
    Code:
            if reason == "undercuttingBlacklist" then
                    bid = bid or buyout * operation.bidPercent
            else
                    buyout = max(buyout, prices.minPrice)
                    bid = max(bid or buyout * operation.bidPercent, prices.minPrice)
            end
    - - - Updated - - -

(time passes)

In the above case it seems like buyout makes it through the convoluted logic in PostScan.lua without being defined for the first item being posted. (Lack of data = Blizzard problem?) So I added a couple lines to check to see if buyout was actually set and return otherwise, and it limps along, albeit without a price for the first item.

Good and/or paranoid programmers always look both ways before crossing a one-way street.
    Last edited by Normie; 2016-07-23 at 02:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    The latest in Blizzard and TSM tag-teaming. Holy God this is irritating.

But this is probably an actual TSM bug or something that TSM can at least work around.

In the above case it seems like buyout makes it through the convoluted logic in PostScan.lua without being defined for the first item being posted. (Lack of data = Blizzard problem?) So I added a couple lines to check to see if buyout was actually set and return otherwise, and it limps along, albeit without a price for the first item.

Good and/or paranoid programmers always look both ways before crossing a one-way street.
    Well, in this case, it's clearly TSM problem.

I was talking about GetItemInfo calls and other GetItem* functions, they may lag your client into oblivion, kek.

And cause shit like this, I took me 2 calls to achieve such massive memory bloat w/ 2 second freeze and further client crash

I assume that addons like TSM may use them a lot. So that may be one of the reasons you experience performance issues. There might be other reason though. I haven't looked into TSM code for quite awhile.

Did you report bugs you found to TSM dev team? O_o

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    I assume that addons like TSM may use them a lot. So that may be one of the reasons you experience performance issues. There might be other reason though. I haven't looked into TSM code for quite awhile.

Did you report bugs you found to TSM dev team? O_o
    I'm on a Mac for the next couple of weeks ... haven't noticed any memory problems (haven't checked either).

The TSM bug reporting procedure is ridiculous and I wouldn't do it if I was paid to do it.

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing really aberrant in memory on Mac but I did get DCed on a second AH post scan after this (memory grew by another 100MB or so).

Code:
    Processes: 278 total, 3 running, 7 stuck, 268 sleeping, 1350 threads                                       02:27:23
    Load Avg: 3.01, 3.07, 3.03  CPU usage: 10.61% user, 7.47% sys, 81.90% idle
    SharedLibs: 140M resident, 15M data, 18M linkedit.
    MemRegions: 117669 total, 5925M resident, 145M private, 2340M shared.
    PhysMem: 16G used (2916M wired), 333M unused.
    VM: 740G vsize, 533M framework vsize, 0(0) swapins, 2880(0) swapouts.
    Networks: packets: 3497066/3186M in, 2303480/416M out. Disks: 935180/26G read, 904512/33G written.

PID    COMMAND      %CPU  TIME     #TH    #WQ  #PORT MEM    PURG   CMPRS  PGRP  PPID  STATE    BOOSTS
    4676   firefox      8.1   03:59:14 75     5    869-  2497M+ 8808K  75M    4676  1     stuck    *0[5379]
    12983  World of War 98.1  28:41.38 26/1   3/1  316   2461M+ 31M-   0B     12983 1     running  *0[292]
    - - - Updated - - -

A weird one. Acki's has always played a little strange with TSM.
    Code:
    Addon: TradeSkillMaster
    Message: Interface\SharedXML\SharedUIPanelTemplates.lua:667: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'cursorOffset' (a nil value)
    Date: 07/23/16 12:33:09
    Client: 7.0.3
    Locale: enUS
    Combat: false
    Stack:
        Interface\FrameXML\UIPanelTemplates.lua:96: <ScrollingEdit_OnTextChanged>
        ...e\AddOns\Blizzard_DebugTools\Blizzard_DebugTools.lua:604: <ScriptErrorsFrame_Update>
        ...e\AddOns\Blizzard_DebugTools\Blizzard_DebugTools.lua:551: <ScriptErrorsFrame_OnError>
        [string "Interface\FrameXML\BasicControls.xml:<Scrip..."]:22: <origErrorHandler>
        ...AckisRecipeList\libs\AceLocale-3.0\AceLocale-3.0.lua:31: <AceLocale-3.0.lua:29>
        TSM_Auctioning\modules\PostScan.lua:464: <ShouldPost>
        TSM_Auctioning\modules\PostScan.lua:350: <ProcessItem>
        TSM_Auctioning\modules\PostScan.lua:223: <PostScan.lua:197>
        TSM\CoreAPI\Threading.lua:512: <Threading.lua:509>

Deleted
    I have the same issue when I open Guild News panel where it shows what everyone in the guild has looted in the past. I'm wondering if it comes down to another addon causing it, I'm not certain. Maybe it's the same for TSM, idk.