10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.

Survival Gnomes, and Tinkers

So hello, as promised long ago to a panda avatar, I am going to post my wishes for a Tinker class. Only we just got it, in stealth, because we were not paying attention to the minor details.

Tinkers can be both melee and ranged, have traps and bombs, use engineering and have mechanical pets. They are not always Gnomes and Goblins, but most are.

With the new Changes to Hunters, and the play style of Survival, with a Gnome and a Mechanical Pet. Using Bombs and Missiles made by Engineering, with all the grenade Talents. We have the gameplay of Tinkers now.

All we are missing now are mech suits that we can wear while fighting. Oh right thats a toy in Legion.

It's cool that Gnome Hunters have a more defined Tech theme in their kit to separate them from other Hunters. It's great for RP purposes.

But let's make this clear - Gnome Hunters aren't Tinkers. It'd only be like Rogue and Warlock players RPing their characters as Demon Hunters prior to Legion. A Hunter is still a Hunter.

Same goes for Dark Ranger, despite any abilities and talents granting a part of the gameplay. Hunters aren't anything but Hunters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

Oh god, not this topic again... there's literally dozens of threads of this subject already. There will be no ideas that haven't already been said. Please, enjoy talking about the new class we DO have than retreading old ground.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    It's cool that Gnome Hunters have a more defined Tech theme in their kit to separate them from other Hunters. It's great for RP purposes.

But let's make this clear - Gnome Hunters aren't Tinkers. It'd only be like Rogue and Warlock players RPing their characters as Demon Hunters prior to Legion. A Hunter is still a Hunter.

Same goes for Dark Ranger, despite any abilities and talents granting a part of the gameplay. Hunters aren't anything but Hunters.

To be Specific, according to Lore, and Blizzard, All players with the Engineering Profession are Tinkers. I am pointing out that 99% of what @Teriz kept crying for, and his posse of Tinker want-a-be's, have yet to comment that everything he wanted in a class is now found in the current iteration of Hunter. If you have a Gnome, or Goblin Hunter with Engineering you can play the Fantasy of Tinkers perfectly now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monstercloud View Post
    Oh god, not this topic again... there's literally dozens of threads of this subject already. There will be no ideas that haven't already been said. Please, enjoy talking about the new class we DO have than retreading old ground.
    Oh god, the pointless complaint, non-constructive dismissive post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    To be Specific, according to Lore, and Blizzard, All players with the Engineering Profession are Tinkers. I am pointing out that 99% of what @Teriz kept crying for, and his posse of Tinker want-a-be's, have yet to comment that everything he wanted in a class is now found in the current iteration of Hunter. If you have a Gnome, or Goblin Hunter with Engineering you can play the Fantasy of Tinkers perfectly now.
    According to lore, Hunters are Hunters, Engineers are Engineers. Tinkers are just as specific a title as Dark Rangers and Beastmasters, which even Hunters are not.

As for playing as the fantasy, you can do that with whatever you want given you have the imagination and headcanon to support it. You can play as a Witchdoctor through Shaman/Priest class with Alchemy, but that doesn't mean you actually are a canonical Witchdoctor. That's not how lore works, and the lore for Engineering profession says you're an Engineer; nothing more or less. Other NPCs who are Tinkers are not you.

Because lets face it, if what you said flew true, we already had Demon Hunters through Warlocks with Meta wearing a blindfold, or Rogues using shadow magic with Warglaives. Gnome Hunters fulfills the Tinker fantasy as broadly as this. You're still missing the core Tinker identity despite the headcanon. To say that Engineers are Tinkers in lore is misappropriation considering there has been literally no situation where the player class is referred to with the Tinker title specifically. Keep in mind that calling any Hero a 'brave warrior' doesn't necessarily refer specifically to the Warrior class.

As for what Teriz was asking for, he was pretty specific about wanting too many Tinker-specific things that wouldn't really fly in WoW, considering how niche the popularity of the class already is. What he wanted was giant backpacks and pocket factories and robo mech suits. You haven't made any argument that covers any of these elements, and Gnome Hunters cover absolutely nothing in terms of this identity. So really, you there's nothing Tinker about this other than broad generalization; the same argument that Teriz was using to say we didn't need Demon Hunters because we had Warlocks. You're literally using his argument to make the exact same fallacy.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-07-25 at 08:55 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post

warlocks were demon hunters for a bit, we had a glyph of demon hunting were we got demon hunter abilities, horns, and wings, so i would call it that :3
    it allowed us to tank better, i used it in mop for tanking the shamans, i would take the chick, well our 2 main tanks would juggle the dude
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    warlocks were demon hunters for a bit, we had a glyph of demon hunting were we got demon hunter abilities, horns, and wings, so i would call it that :3
    it allowed us to tank better, i used it in mop for tanking the shamans, i would take the chick, well our 2 main tanks would juggle the dude
    Which is fine if you personally wanted to call it that. It was not supported by lore though, which is my point. You can play your Warlock with Meta as a Demon Hunter, but that would be different than being a Demon Hunter class in lore.