Quote Originally Posted by thelightthatstrays View Post
Yeah, ya know who those people were? People that didn't main hunters. There was a desire for a true raid capable pet tanking spec, but in general people that were maining a ranged class liked the ranged bit. The game was already full on melee and making a hunter melee was just plain stupid, hence it's bottom of the barrel status among those playing the class.
no. it was by people who played hunters as main but never touched survival otherwise cuz it was a bleak copy of mm. myself included. i tried it out every new exp but always fell back to bm main and mm when bm wasnt viable. now im finally survival maining. hunters has been wanting a
melee specc since vanilla. tanking specc has never been desired but a small minority. there is 2 ranged speccs if you prefer ranged. during the entire history there has never been enough variety between surv and mm that it waranted different speccs. the mere fact that 2 talents would be enough for mm to play as surv is quite telling. this bullshit that: "ive mained survival for 10 years and i am deeply offended by its now melee!" is just that, pure bullshit.
no. its rock bottom due to mechanics and balance. and that is NOT arguement against melee or for ranged. the ONLY ones affected by it competing with melee instead of ranged is the top 5% mythic raiders. for everyone else it matters not if you got 9 melee on the raid or 10.