Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Haxx0rcist View Post
    This might sound stupid but has anyone considered that going the short route might even help with mythic dungeons early on because of the increased AoE, CC break and reduced BoP CD for healers? I am by no means a hardcore player and my guild isn't either but we want to do those mythics too and me being a supporty dps might help with this way anyways. Then just pool AP until 67k and reset for the long route.

It looks good to me for more casual players like us.

Would it really gimp me later on when raids start?

Oh and relics. Is it Ilvl > everything for us?

Sorry if this has been answered, i'm just really confused about all of this atm.
    Generally speaking, it seems that the short route -> bank AP -> respec is best when trying to be competitive early on and also in raiding. If you go the short route and don't respec, you will eventually lose out versus going the long route. I am still not sure how fast AP gain is going to be and whether, if we decide to go straight for a long route, we will be able to acquire enough AP to make sure we get A2A before raids drop.

Ilvl > Everything, always. Unless the difference between ilvl is minuscule (maybe 1-2?), then you can look at what trait it is buffing. Otherwise, always go for ilvl, even if it buffs a useless trait.

Deleted
    Aight thanks a lot! Legion can come now!

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Canada, Northern Ontario (the French part)
    It may have been said already, but if you guys look at the Mr Robot artifact progress diagram that was posted on the front page, you'll have 18 AP by 2 weeks. Just in time for the content that actually matters.

Personally, I'm going long route simply because in 2 weeks I want 100% damage potential for my AP cost not like 80%. Plus, those ppl suggesting respeccing, that shit costs AP and will set you back significantly from my understanding of the system.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    Plus, those ppl suggesting respeccing, that shit costs AP and will set you back significantly from my understanding of the system.
    Respeccing costs you the amount you'd pay for your next trait, which is why people are suggesting stopping at Ashes to Ashes on the short path (9 points), then pooling ~67k AP without spending any - the 10th point only costs 625 AP, so a respec from there is negligible, and you can then immediately dump all your saved AP into the long path.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xxcloud417xx View Post
    It may have been said already, but if you guys look at the Mr Robot artifact progress diagram that was posted on the front page, you'll have 18 AP by 2 weeks. Just in time for the content that actually matters.

Personally, I'm going long route simply because in 2 weeks I want 100% damage potential for my AP cost not like 80%. Plus, those ppl suggesting respeccing, that shit costs AP and will set you back significantly from my understanding of the system.

You aint understanding the system then,no a2a for 2 weeks will suck big time.

Quote Originally Posted by marinos View Post
    You aint understanding the system then,no a2a for 2 weeks will suck big time.
    Playing Ret has already sucked for more than 2 weeks, what's another 2 weeks?