Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gadzooks View Post
    Gravity...how does it work?

Also, it's kind of hard to have night and day without orbiting a sun. The Nether has no light source like a sun - or at least we don't know, because nobody has ever been there and returned, in the game. Also, if Azeroth was in the Nether, it would be established in lore - go read the Chronicles. Azeroth is pretty obviously not in the Nether.
    Yeah, but again why does the Warcraft universe have to have gravity like us? You guys are missing my point. Azeroth can just sit in empty space and night and day can just function magically.

And isn't the Nether just the space between planets?

Quote Originally Posted by Kyux View Post
    Yeah, but again why does the Warcraft universe have to have gravity like us? You guys are missing my point. Azeroth can just sit in empty space and night and day can just function magically.

And isn't the Nether just the space between planets?
    It seems to me that the Warcraft universe does seem to have gravity similar to our universe, at least as far as falling and flying go. But I agree that it's possible that gravity on the planetary scale works differently, and maybe the answer is just "magic."

It's a super minor thing, but Azeroth the planet is in the Great Dark Beyond. The Twisting Nether is an "astral dimension" that exists "outside the borders of the physical universe," according to Chronicles 1:1.