Legion priest bodyguards

I was looking around for the priests bodyguards, and I found 2. Sol and zarba hexx.

I was wondering if anyone knows when and where we are able to obtain both followers. For example you can get one of the hunter bodyguards doing the nemesary q's in highmountain. I did hear zabra hexx is obtainable in aszuna, but not where exactly.

Anyone knows where these 2 bodygaurds are situated, and if they can be picked up during leveling?

Deleted
    I'm fairly sure every class will get at least 1 bodyguard available during the leveling process once you hit 101/102 as that's when the class hall campaigns starts to kick in. For priest, I believe Sol is the first one you get.

Zabra you get early on, i can't remember exactly but either around 103 or around 106. You don't get Sol until 110. But i can say for certain i used Zabra while leveling.

You'll get Zabra during the 103 Order Hall Quest - but if you level in one sitting - you will at best have him for the last zone - as 101 locks you into a 4 hour mission that you have to complete to continue the campaign.

Sol is available at 105, but requires 5 days of order hall missions.

I'm not sure where else to post this so I might as well ask here. I set Zabra as my bodyguard in the class hall but he hasn't shown up once while questing. What am I doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Meats View Post
    I'm not sure where else to post this so I might as well ask here. I set Zabra as my bodyguard in the class hall but he hasn't shown up once while questing. What am I doing wrong?
    You get a cooldown ability that you can add to your hotbar when you add a combat ally

I've used one of those before (was very underwhelming) so I switched to a bodyguard that I thought was supposed to help you in battle. I tried hitting the hotkey I set for the combat ability too and that did nothing. Apparently, my friend had the same issue with his warlock bodyguard and he had to remove him then reassign him then he showed up at some point later but not right away. Very weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Meats View Post
    ...he had to remove him then reassign him then he showed up at some point later but not right away. Very weird.
    Ah maybe I had the bug too and don't even realize it

Some cinematics cause my bodyguard to disappear, that's annoying.

That being said, what do you guys think of its output? It mediocre/low side, though currently mine is only common quality. Not sure if that will increase output.

What I absolutely love about it, is that you can fade and the mobs will hit the bodygaurd. Seeing how all mobs do decent damage towards you. Pretty nice

10+ Year Old Account
    I haven't tested output for Priests yet but my Monks bodyguard contributes ~25% DPS. I'd guess it's similar for Priests.

In both cases the bodyguards i'm using are ~103 while I'm 110 in both cases. Once they reach 110 and get weapon/armour slots I'd guess their DPS would become substantial.

I like Sol. I feel his damage contribution. However, bodyguards tend to keep one in combat for much longer than is reasonable (IMO) when simply running from mobs I do not wish to engage (damn you Dazed effect!), so I have no qualms putting him on a mission if I'm doing a bunch of quests back to back with a lot of running around.

10+ Year Old Account
    The spriest bodyguard uses (and says) Surrender to Madness then promptly dies afterwards. All the bodyguards res a few seconds after they die though which is nice so you dont have to babysit them or worry about them.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Comparing purely Zabra to Sol, I have no idea what the former is doing. Yeah, sure, he casts all those dots, void bolts and pretends he's doing a good job, but the final result is terrible. I don't think I saw him exceed 15% of my dps as Shadow. Also, his sw confuses my dot tracking addons, since it somehow counts as "mine".

Sol has no such issues - if his dps is low, it's because he's saving my ass with his heals, so I still saved a couple gcd's on Shadowmend. It's hardly a huge heal, but sometimes every little bit helps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    You'll get Zabra during the 103 Order Hall Quest - but if you level in one sitting - you will at best have him for the last zone - as 101 locks you into a 4 hour mission that you have to complete to continue the campaign.

Sol is available at 105, but requires 5 days of order hall missions.
    Which mission is that? "Awakening the light"?

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Starmind View Post
    Which mission is that? "Awakening the light"?
    He shows up right after you hand in those 5 light thingies, literally appearing out of nowhere.

Deleted
    My Sol is gone. Like, completely gone. I assigned him and quested a bit with him as a partner, but then he suddenly disappeared. I re-assigned him, but he's still gone. He's not even in the Order Hall anymore. I need my Sol.

You gain more followers by doing the class campaign, the majority of which takes place at 110.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelos View Post
    My Sol is gone. Like, completely gone. I assigned him and quested a bit with him as a partner, but then he suddenly disappeared. I re-assigned him, but he's still gone. He's not even in the Order Hall anymore. I need my Sol.
    Sometimes he disappears for world-quests which involve vehicles and things like that. You end up having to relog to make him re-appear. Would be nice to have a button like the garrison ability to call/dismiss him but i think that went whichever way the button to cancel mind control went.

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe
    Also, his sw confuses my dot tracking addons, since it somehow counts as "mine".
    Do you happen to use TidyPlates? I think disabling it resolves the issue. Does somebody know it there's a way to tell the addon to only track 'my' debuffs? Right now it's a mess because it also tracks the tendril's MF and it's like a carnival of highlighted spells.