Thread: DDoS?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i have NO internet trouble at all right now, yet i keep getting kicked from the game. it's against blizzard and they know it.
    Sigh.

Okay, let's talk networking. This thing called the Internet -- it's an interconnection of networks. If your traffic passes through a congested network, your traffic will be delayed or dropped. If it doesn't, it will go through fine. You may well have "no Internet trouble" for other locations if the traffic passes in a different direction. Obvious example: The path going to the west coast is going to be different than the path going to the east coast.

And as somebody else pointed out, they didn't necessarily say it was your ISP either. If their upstream providers are getting DDOS'd there's nothing they can do but sit and wait there either.

TL;DR? The fact that you don't detect problems elsewhere means nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by zmp View Post
    Yeah i guess i was ddosed also at launch of Cata/MoP/WoD as well.. I can totally see the pattern here..
    Right, it makes much more sense that a problem develops that only manifests itself at off-peak hours after the servers have been live 19 hours without issue because that fits in better with some peoples' desire to have a Blizzard bitch-fest, right?

Honestly, half the people in this thread need to go read up on the Dunning-Kruger effect. You people don't even know enough to know how little you know.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Quote Originally Posted by Splenda View Post
    I totally get the anger and frustration, but please STOP coming in here to post about how people should be killed. This is not okay.
    We should be able to vent our frustration here and why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post
    We should be able to vent our frustration here and why not?
    Venting frustration is one thing, wishing death on someone is another.
    I'm frustrated too, but there's a limit to that frustration.
    Of which, doesn't include death on someone I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotshadow View Post
    Maybe i should just stop and just carry on hitting my stress pillow but that thing doesnt have any feathers left in it LOL

I see Splendas point but damn i hate these Skiddie fucks!

Funny but i was just reading a interesting article by the BBC about this shit http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-36993107
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2016-08-31 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Renamename View Post
    Maybe i should just stop and just carry on hitting my stress pillow but that thing doesnt have any feathers left in it LOL

I see Splendas point but damn i hate these Skiddie fucks!
    These tossers need to go to prison, and their parents need to suffer for not bothering to check if they were raising sociopaths.

I'm tired of it really. Obviously the internet isn't asshole-proof, in many many ways.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Typical Blizz
    Deflecting the blame
    While people were bitching in general chat about being disconnected I, being on Comcast, held a steady 20ms ping the entire night. I watched as 8-10 people in my guild dc'd at once, trickled back, dc'd again. If it was Blizzard then everyone would've been dropping like flies.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

Quote Originally Posted by Foj View Post
    These tossers need to go to prison, and their parents need to suffer for not bothering to check if they were raising sociopaths.

I'm tired of it really. Obviously the internet isn't asshole-proof, in many many ways.
    Thing is most of those responsible dont know jack shit about hacking they just pay for the use of a Botnet from some eastern european criminal network and they think they are hotshit by announcing on twitter how they took down wow when all they did was just use there moms credit card to hire a DDOS attack for a few hours just to piss people off.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    just remember guys its NOT Blizzard getting DDOSed, its our ISPs. NOT BLIZZARD.

Comcast provided me with a perfect experience this evening. Overpriced has it's benefits I guess.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Goddamn people in this thread are dense as rocks. It isn't BLIZZARD themselves getting DDoS'd. It is the ISP's their Servers run through and the connection people outside of those Servers connect to.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsia View Post
    Who said anything about our ISP's? Blizzard's note on the launcher just says "certain internet service providers. Guess who has an ISP besides us? Yeah, Blizzard's data centers.
    You know how you can tell if it's Blizzard's servers? It's easy. If your ping is normal and the world is lagging then it's Blizzard's servers being overloaded or experiencing a hardware failure. If your ping skyrockets to the moon then it's your ISP or a hardware issue on your machine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zervek View Post
    The fact that a multi-billion dollar company cannot go something to prevent this is absolutely hilarious. They are incompetent at protecting their own merchandise.
    whats hilarious is you thinking reliable protection against massive DDoS is currently possible

Quote Originally Posted by Gotshadow View Post
    What about flogging and castration?

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe they tried to attack blizzard servers at launch, but they failed?

So they went after the ISP near the blizzard servers. Its not realy hard to find a Ip of those servers.
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Melkandor View Post
    Did the realms just get DDoS'd?

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Players are currently experiencing high latency and disconnections as a result of DDoS attacks towards certain internet service providers. We are currently monitoring this situation and will provide updates as they become available. Please follow @blizzardcs on Twitter for further updates.
    Read what the message says...

It's the ISP Blizzard is connected with that gets DDoSed. It's out of Blizzards hands.

Deleted
    You can't tell me that there isn't any sort of DDOS protection. Sites have it, why can't games?

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What about "The punishment should fit the crime"? - like no computers or internet for them for years?
    Like just a small stab with a needle for every request made during the DDoS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good news, it seems their online shop is working flawlessly. So even if you can't play WoW, you can still buy ingame mounts and pets.

Quote Originally Posted by Life-Binder View Post
    whats hilarious is you thinking reliable protection against massive DDoS is currently possible
    I work for a company with a massive internet presence and ... industrial strength protection against DDoS only works if you have many data centers connected by an internal network with nation-state capacity.

Otherwise any old dickhead with access to a botnet can bring your endpoints down for hours.

We still see DDoS tickets and it takes time to reconfigure around attacks.