Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurhetemec View Post
    The Elemental Invasion? You have to be kidding.

That was incredibly un-fun. Nothing about it was fun. It was tedious and annoying.

The Zombie Plague was huge fun until it became "Grief the Lowbies Fest 2010", which took what, all of three days? Initially it was this huge zombie thing with people actually playing the zombies as zombies and trying to infect people and so on. Then, as people got a little bored of that, the absolute worst people worked out you could totally wreck any given lowbie zone, simply by getting on your 70, becoming a zombie, and systematically going around and keeping the quest-givers dead. Bonus prize if you kept other NPCs of use dead (Flight master, merchants, trainers, etc.). So you saw way fewer people playing zombie as zombies, and way more just griefing as time went on.

Nowadays you get all these "Oh it wasn't that bad" historical revisionist-types, many of whom weren't even playing at the time it was going on, but let me assure you - it was fucking awful if you were trying to level in the 15-40 range. Below that it was mostly okay, and above that it was okay because it was too hard for people to screw up the zones.

This, though, offered a unique experience, that whilst not incredibly deep or anything, was hugely fun, gave you a chance to play your characters in a "live fire" environment in a way you absolutely do not if you level by questing, and barely do if you level by dungeons, and which will be very much missed. I mean, I do think it's good it finished - it was a little brain-melting, but at the same time, it didn't screw stuff up in the same way, and was both engaging and unique - not just tedious and irritating.
    Zombie plague was mad fun, if you were max level. If you weren't, it was about as fun as getting geddon-bombed on an alt in the auction house.

Deleted
    Well wasnt the top but was prety usefull
    For that time i manage to level up all my 90s and gear up every alt to 700+

10+ Year Old Account
    Zombie event was still the best, but the demon invasions were easily 2nd.

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    Too many plebs now have leveled alts (though I guess its not a problem considering how the game is ptw anyway)
    Its hilarious how some people try to act like they know what they are talking about and just make it so painfully obvious they are so casual.
    Ya guys, the event was shit because people got to level slightly faster! A real pressing issue.

Anyway, I totally agree that this was the best event the game has seen. Its not surprising though. They keep innovating with their tech. Something like that wouldn't have even been possible in the past.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV