Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I feel like I miss IBF, the stun break was a valuable tool for tanking and the extra DR cooldown was appreciated when you needed more magic damage reduction. I dislike that Red Thirst is overly manditory now that Vampiric blood has a bigger CD than live. (though, when talented into Red Thirst, I don't often feel like it's never there when I need it.)

Death Strike feels like ass, as always, "Heal damage taken in the last 5 seconds" is obfuscated, switching it to 10% plus X% of missing health ala the paladin self-heal would give the same overall effect with the added benefit of not needing a fucking addon or weakaura to give you an idea if it's worth hitting or worth waiting for.

Overall, I don't think we're far enough behind the other tanks to really warrant massive buffs, but there's defo some QOL changes to make it all more managable and to make some talents a bit more desirable (or even viable in the first place).

(for reference sake, I play blood ultra-casually).

Yeah, heroic nyth also has a debuff that destroys my bone shield stacks.
    Fuck this spec.
    Last edited by ShiyoKozuki; 2016-09-27 at 04:00 AM.

I tanked NM Xavius and HC Ily'gonoth last night.

Artifact is only 13 (I main spec UH), no proper tank trinkets, Acherus Drapes legendary cloak and ilevel 850ish.

N Xavius wasn't too bad, spent most of the fight wrestling to keep my Bone shield up.

HC Ily was painful - while the big add is pretty much a doddle with the eyebeam (being able to AMS one is great) - the tentacle adds absolutely smash me. The DH I was tanking with could tank those tentacles for 30 - 40 more seconds without breaking a sweat. I was permanently up and down and getting utterly mullered.

5 man tanking on DK is fine - I've not pushed any mythic+ as Blood, just UH - but raiding was misery. I constantly felt I was missing a cooldown, and our level 100 talents are totally uninspiring. Artifact power is utterly pointless on single targets without Vampiric Blood up.

(Should point out, the last time I tanked with Blood was Mythic Highmaul and Mythic BRF - where I felt I always had a CD or a trick or something for the situation).

Quote Originally Posted by Helwinter View Post
    I tanked NM Xavius and HC Ily'gonoth last night.

Artifact is only 13 (I main spec UH), no proper tank trinkets, Acherus Drapes legendary cloak and ilevel 850ish.

N Xavius wasn't too bad, spent most of the fight wrestling to keep my Bone shield up.

HC Ily was painful - while the big add is pretty much a doddle with the eyebeam (being able to AMS one is great) - the tentacle adds absolutely smash me. The DH I was tanking with could tank those tentacles for 30 - 40 more seconds without breaking a sweat. I was permanently up and down and getting utterly mullered.

5 man tanking on DK is fine - I've not pushed any mythic+ as Blood, just UH - but raiding was misery. I constantly felt I was missing a cooldown, and our level 100 talents are totally uninspiring. Artifact power is utterly pointless on single targets without Vampiric Blood up.

(Should point out, the last time I tanked with Blood was Mythic Highmaul and Mythic BRF - where I felt I always had a CD or a trick or something for the situation).
    The tentacle adds are really rough to deal with even if you save up RP and just death strike it with vamp blood.

I don't really think much is wrong with Blood DK tanking and I find it very enjoyable and fun, that is, unless I'm tanking something with a 100% uptime dot/pulsing aura mechanic, then my fun goes to 0 and I want to respec to unholy mid fight.

Consumption healing for a min amount of at least 15-20%, base line rune tap and fixing bone shield would probably fix the spec completely and not make it overpowered.

I made posts about bone shield mechanics:

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749206310
    http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20749386550
    Hopefully they fix it, it completely ruins the spec for me on these fights.

I doubt you'd find a single person here who will disagree with you about auras eating Bone Shield stacks. Having Bone Shield stacks consumed basically on cooldown against damage which is completely non-threatening is obnoxious at best, utterly maddening at worst.

I wonder if Bone Shield would be a better mechanic if it was only consumed on hits that do at least a certain percentage of our *base* maximum health (i.e. stamina from gear; not health boosts from flasks or Vampiric Blood) The number should be low enough that things that should pop Bone Shield do, but high enough that stupid things like stack three of Cenarius's aura don't.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    What i don't understand if how blizzard hasn't said anything even though this thread is being constructive and even giving reasonable possible fixes yet they seem to just ignore it and listen to the complaining classes more. I am unholy with blood as my off spec (frost is just dead hope the fixes are enough) but im only tanking heroics and with these issue I don't think ill tank amything above it unless changes are made.

I agree, even if they dont want to make changes because they disagree, the least they could do is be verbal about what is going on. I would be more than happy with a "we understand there are mechanical issues and we are looking into possible changes"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    I don't really think much is wrong with Blood DK tanking and I find it very enjoyable and fun, that is, unless I'm tanking something with a 100% uptime dot/pulsing aura mechanic, then my fun goes to 0 and I want to respec to unholy mid fight..
    So far, I've seen that basically almost all of the bosses have dots/auras/mechanics that eat our BS stacks on cd:
    - Nytendra dot is active most of the fight
    - Ursoc Rend Flesh, but this is occasional and not so threatning
    - Elerethe web of pain makes you lose stacks even when off-tanking, and the storm phase on the bridge remove stacks too, not problematic but annoying
    - Dragons of the Nightmare have an aura dot for the entire fight
    - Cenarius same as above
    - Xavius dots the tanks frequently for the entire fight

Yeah, we really need a fix on Bone Shield.

7+ Year Old Account
    OR reduce cost of marrowrend to 1 rune

SERIOUSLY no fix to boneshield. HELLO????????????????????????

HELLO BLIZZARD?

Are you there?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiyoKozuki View Post
    SERIOUSLY no fix to boneshield. HELLO????????????????????????

HELLO BLIZZARD?

Are you there?
    Soon(tm).

We value your opinion*, and will be back to you shortly.

*give us your money and fuck off m8
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.

one i think shadow fix they made is they reduced the size of puddles DK's leave when speared. using rune tap and a death strike before had i left quite the small puddle. DOing similar before left a puddle with twice the radius.

Deleted
    1 of these would make me happy.

-allow the death strike heal to crit
    -revert the bone shield nerf to 20-22%
    -bring back the 10% dmg drop to d&d
    -make rune tap baseline
    -buff our mastery

As someone else already mentioned, not having Icebound Fortitude as a Blood DK is just silly.

We don't need IBF.
    We don't need rune tap.
    We don't even need mastery buffed.
    We need bone shield ICD not to get triggered by DOTS/auras.
    That's literally all we need.
    The class becomes an unplayable boring mess when fighting anything with 100% uptime dots/auras.

I dissagree. Essentially, bonesheild is our baseline damage reduction that all tanks, except us, has. We need some sort of active mitigation, like ibf or our previous incarnations of blood sheild, as that is what content is being desinged for.

Healing is good but there are plenty of specific mechanics being put into the game that require am beyond what bone sheild or blood sheild can currently take, not to mention the number of mortal strikes which affect us disproportionately.

Weve lost so much, our traditional damage over other tanks, mobility, snare, strong cooldowns, healing effectiveness, and gained nothing. Are we unplayable, no, but we are at a major disadvantage for how content and mechanics are being designes so unless they want to change that, we need some sort of compensation to remain competative.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    1 min grip (talented), buff to mastery (doesn't need to be best stat), and DRW being DR instead of parry.

Aside from that they really need to mechanically look at boneshield, it feels really punishing to do dot bosses or raid wide aura bosses in this expansion as the entire rotation literally becomes marrowrend spam, which isn't fun. I recognize that heart strike is mostly filler and it's never going to be used all the time, which is fine, but it becomes stupid when boss or dungeon mechanics essentially require us to spam one button. Passive damage like that shouldn't trigger the ICD on boneshield, or boneshields ICD needs to be higher.

I don't really want a baseline DR added (although I wouldn't complain). Literally changing DRW would do it, and they could just make the talent that increases duration reduce the CD instead. That would also solve the issue of making our tree 'better'.

The above is rather small, doesn't really change us a whole lot either. Does their need to be other improvements? Yeah, but that requires a deeper look. Personally I think blood DKs have one of the weakest artifact trees in the entire game, and some of the worst golden traits. Aside from the VB golden trait, none of them are really that great and most of our single point talents are weak as fuck as well. It's easily the worst tanking artifact tree. Broken record but our general talent tree is awful as well, but that would probably require an expansion to fix, and in said tuning pass we would probably just lose a bunch of things and gain a bunch of shit again. Blood DK talent trees have never been good though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by derycksan View Post
    I dissagree. Essentially, bonesheild is our baseline damage reduction that all tanks, except us, has. We need some sort of active mitigation, like ibf or our previous incarnations of blood sheild, as that is what content is being desinged for.

Healing is good but there are plenty of specific mechanics being put into the game that require am beyond what bone sheild or blood sheild can currently take, not to mention the number of mortal strikes which affect us disproportionately.

Weve lost so much, our traditional damage over other tanks, mobility, snare, strong cooldowns, healing effectiveness, and gained nothing. Are we unplayable, no, but we are at a major disadvantage for how content and mechanics are being designes so unless they want to change that, we need some sort of compensation to remain competative.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    Buff Mastery shield, make it proc harder if the hit is over a certain %age of our HP.

Bone Shield to 15% but no stacks lost on DoTs and AoE.

gg ez
    I may pay my subscription every month, but I don't lose sight of the fact that the other 4/9/24/39 people I'm grouped with pay too.