10+ Year Old Account

Do you find that the game is starting to grow really big ?

Not just talking about the world but about the whole game. A huge world is good to me.

WoW has been and is still quite of a special game, and I really appreciate that they keep adding raids/dungeons/expansions, but I've just felt something weird, I realized the game is truly starting to be huge, at the moment it's alright, even though the game is massive, but what in a few more expansions ?

Do you think the game can be too huge ? Do you think there can be too much content ? How are other old MMO dealing with that, is it a problem for those games ? (I assume Everquest is very huge now, but I know nothing about it)

Personally I think they should use old content way more than that, timewalking is nothing compared to what they can do with it. They can possibly make all content current content, I bet an increasingly high number of players are not even seeing all past content, which feels like kind of a waste.
    Last edited by Cæli; 2016-09-28 at 09:00 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Starting? I felt the world was getting REALLY big with the release of MoP.

The bigger the better. What would the downside be?

Keyboard Turner
    7+ Year Old Account
    It is getting quite massive.. There are so much dungeons and raids, etc. Why not try to incorporate them with something rather than leaving them to waste? Timewalking needs to start occuring more, that way I can go back in time to the old content and it won't be a waste... You feel me?

10+ Year Old Account
    The game has grown big, and it'll keep so as we travel through on our adventure. I like to feel a part of this, and to see where we wander.

Quote Originally Posted by FatalOnion View Post
    It is getting quite massive.. There are so much dungeons and raids, etc. Why not try to incorporate them with something rather than leaving them to waste? Timewalking needs to start occuring more, that way I can go back in time to the old content and it won't be a waste... You feel me?
    But keeping Timewalking on the schedule that it has, gives people incentive to do it, unlike if they could do it whenever they wanted.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

They sure need to utilize old zones better. Hopefully the scaling tech will be of help.
    I also wish they'd start to slowly bring all old zones and mobs up to current HD textures.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    The bigger the better. What would the downside be?
    It's just like .... Two Outland , Two Dalaran
    Bunch of portal, keep teleporting from my garrison to ashran to org then to Dalaran because my Dalaran HS is on cd.

It's just.... big

I thought this game was gigantic when I stepped out of my first starting zone, and realized how humongous this game was.

The real question is how many undiscovered continents can they add to the Azeroth map

10+ Year Old Account
    On a sidenote, as for updating old zones, I really don't see how it can be changed for the better. Taking Teldrassil, just comparing it to Val'sharah which is a zone feeling like it was meant to look somewhat like Teldrassil, Teldrassil is actually way better color and artistic-wise, maybe it's my computer, but there is this cheap purple/brown fog making the whole zone not really better than its supposed model. But maybe they didn't try to make it like Teldrassil. I don't know, it lacks something. Starting to update can have an impact even worse than the cataclysm and it should be absolutely avoided until they find a way to preserve the game forever.

Deleted
    I prefer a small world filled with people than a empty large world.

The map is certainly starting to look crowded. I always thought the loss of so much land mass during the Sundering was a tragedy, but more and more it's looking like it wasn't as devastating as we were lead to believe as new continents that survived continue to be discovered every couple of years. I wonder if an 'old' world revamp (with scaling) is going to eventually become necessity.
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson