Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    You can't compare consumable prices to WoD's where you had a keep shitting herb/ore all day long. And not even with MoP where you could pick a flying mount right at level cap. Try comparing it with Vanilla, where leveling a gatherer was a mediocre pain in the ass (actual leveling vs. profession rank leveling) and flying mounts where non-existent.

Deleted
    Want to know why they are so expensive, because the new system is BS, personal nodes my ass.

I had a session yesterday and I was averaging 20 Foxflower an hour and tonight im not seeing jack **** either.

Nodes are not personal. It's just that after the first person taps it, up to 9 additional players can tap it within a short time period. It's not as good as actual personal nodes, but it's a nice improvement. It completely removes those moments where someone would quickly swoop in while you're taking care of a mob, or trying to find a way up/down towards a node just to see another player reach it first.

It's just particular crafting reagents that are just not abundant enough. The herbs and fish from Stormheim and Highmountain are big contenders. Lots of mountainous terrain yet very few herb nodes and fishing pools. When I'm doing world quests on my gatherer I try to minimize the use of the whistle. The other day I traveled roughly a third of the length of Highmountain without seeing any Foxflowers at all.
    Roses are also in a tough spot. The actual plants are fairly abundant, but you need so many of them and you get so few of them. Really feels like a mistake to make them a requirement for all those potions. The amount needed for flasks also seems way too high. And it's also an ingredient for 375 Mastery food.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    And it's also an ingredient for 375 Mastery food.
    That useless Fat Panda finally gave me the pat for the level 2 food... the herbs alone are 146g each on my server. Flasks are 2,000-2,500 G each.

I'm on an extremely high pop/High progression server. Heh, yeah cooking is going to sit at 760 until the Blood Trader gets patched in. or I level my farmer druid *maybe* as that recipe, with it's other 4 ingredients is about 600 gold each to make each.

It, and others like it look to be the only way to level cooking besides DMF.