Poll: Easiest tank

Easiest tank to play

Topic stated

Forum troll. They pull all the aggro and never get die.

Deleted
    Step one: Bind Ignore Pain to all keys on your keyboard.
    Step two: Smash head constantly on said keyboard.
    Step three: ??
    Step four: Laugh how Imba Prot War's are, topping all raids with a single spell, while BrM's have to toggle 20+ keys, cd's, active migitation etc to just barely survive.

And enjoy the salt once IP gets nerfed.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I find death knight to be the easiest and brewmaster the hardest. Like everything in WoW, it all comes down to your playstyle. Personaly I prefer to have self-heals while tanking, hence why I say DK's are the easiest. Demon Hunters also have self-heal but when I tank in vengeance more often than not I feel the urge of using certain DK abilities that would've helped me in the fight, whereas when I tank in Blood I don't miss any abilities from DH

While I think warrior is more interesting and fun to play as prot, I just feel like I have more tools and recovery as a DK. Bear tank, I just don't get. So of the 3 classes I currently have at 110. I vote DK easiest, Warrior most fun, Bear worst, most boring.

Note I never really played tank spec before this Xpac, but the withered training and other WQ has forced me to play them enough to have the basics down. Would never run a dungeon as a tank, Most I'll tank is the holiday bosses. So my opinion is probably pretty weak

Deleted
    How easy or difficult anything is, depends on your personal ability to do it. Some people find it extremely difficult to read a map, others do it in seconds. Some people find it super easy to walk on their hands, others can't even stand still against a wall on their hands.

As such, there is no definitive answer to which tank is the easiest. I personally hate warrior and monk tanking, love paladin and used to be good at bear and dk. That doesn't mean anything...

in instances druid is really easy, just pick galactic guardian, guardian of elune and rage for trash ticks talents, and do trash > moonfire > mangle (> swipe if neither mangle nor moonfire proc, which is rather rare) while spamming ironfur, if you get hit by something big do mangle+regen, if theres lot of magic going on or big spell is incoming hit mark of ursol. when shit really hits the fan add rage of the sleeper, if it happens again you have barkskin, and then two more survival instincts, but your group might be having some issues if you have to use these reactively.

then you also have warrior with ultimatum and vengeance, where you just rotate slam > revenge > devastate, and whenever you get to 35 rage or proc ultimatum do focused rage + ignore pain. if you have spare rage or pulled multiple packs pop shield block before shield slam. and dont forget to pop battle cry often, best before shield slam. you can also pick ravager for uber pulls in dungeons for that sweet parry.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    How easy or difficult anything is, depends on your personal ability to do it. Some people find it extremely difficult to read a map, others do it in seconds. Some people find it super easy to walk on their hands, others can't even stand still against a wall on their hands.

As such, there is no definitive answer to which tank is the easiest. I personally hate warrior and monk tanking, love paladin and used to be good at bear and dk. That doesn't mean anything...
    youre right, but if you ask a 100 people in neutral location if its easier to stand on their hands or do arithmetics, i can guarantee that most of them will say arithmetics, and all of those who say standing on their hands will not know the answer to the follow up question "what is arithmetics?".
    Last edited by pmkaboo; 2016-09-29 at 05:30 PM.

Depends on your playstyle, but definitely not BM.

Deleted
    I have tried 5 of the 6 tank specs and from easiest to hardest, I would say :

Paladin > Warrior > Druid > DK > DH

7+ Year Old Account
    Paladin is likely the easiest tank.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got a druid warrior and dk havent tried the others but druid for me is the easiest tank to play but so freaking boring
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Quote Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
    Topic stated
    There is an important difference between "easy to play" and "easy to play well"
    Paladins, with avenging shield especially, are very easy to pickup trash and hold aggro. Very easy tank class to play.
    However, to play a paladin well you need to do much more right, at the right time too, than you would a Warrior.

Easiest to play LFR? Paladin
    Easiest to play Mythic? Warrior