Macro? SS/Devastate?

If is possible to have a macro for..

Cast Devastate until shield slam is available to use then cast shield slam?

I remember years ago, it was possible to macro this.

I'm getting older and much more lazy now...

Thank you

Best you could do is have it (essentially) pick a skill at random between the two, which would do what you want, except that it wouldn't always cast it immediately on cooldown. It might cast a Devastate when Shield Slam is ready, which would be a pretty big negative. No way beyond that to automatically use Devastate followed by Shield Slam on cooldown in a macro.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    There is no way to write an automated macro, that scans if abilitys x is available and, if not, casts ability y instead.

You can put a modifier on a macro, that allows you to have two abilities on one button but that doesn´t solve the fact, that you need to keep track of your cooldown yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I've done nothing wrong. I'm not the one with the problem its everyone else that has a problem with me.
    Quote Originally Posted by MilesMcStyles View Post
    I don't care that other people don't play the content that I enjoy.

Deleted
    Can't you just put like
    /cast shield slam
    /cast devastate
    Or a simple /castsequence shield slam devastate .
    you just do like 2 presses somewhat fast (like 300ms) on each GCD, so if shield slam isn't available it simply won't be cast, and it will switch to the rest of the sequence ? It might not be the most efficient way of doing it, but seeing your original request I'm not sure you're looking for a way to be the most optimized warrior out there

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    Can't you just put like
    /cast shield slam
    /cast devastate
    Or a simple /castsequence shield slam devastate .
    you just do like 2 presses somewhat fast (like 300ms) on each GCD, so if shield slam isn't available it simply won't be cast, and it will switch to the rest of the sequence ? It might not be the most efficient way of doing it, but seeing your original request I'm not sure you're looking for a way to be the most optimized warrior out there
    This won't work unfortunately.

The first suggestion will always stop at Shield Slam, whether it's on or off cooldown.

The Cast Sequence will cast Shield Slam, then Devastate, then wait until Shield Slam is off cooldown - it won't skip over it to Devastate.

Deleted
    Oh, my bad then

The more you know.

(now I remember why I didn't commit to macros beyond mouseover macros )

As a general rule, you can't write macros that make decisions based on game state. You can write Lua that takes game state and tells you what to do next, but addons are blocked from actually using character actions (in combat, at least) and macro code intentionally has no control logic (outside of a few edge cases like "do I have a pet or not").