Thread: Rogue pet hates

Angry Rogue pet hates

I hate it when you Shadowstrike a mob that is currently in a location that is unpathable for some unknowable reason and the server immediately kicks you out to the login screen and when you log back in you get ported to a graveyard.

Does anyone else have pet hates related to rogue mechanics and if so what are they? No general bitching about DPS or how you want to get your AP refunded, please.

Deleted
    When that occurs it definitely feels annoying yes.

Mine would be with the golden trait "Shadow Nova" in Subtley combined with the trait "Flickering shadow". Shadow nova makes an AoE that triggers when stealth is cancelled and Flickering Shadow is the trait that activate stealth when no damage have been taken for three seconds after sprinting. The problem lies in that Shadow nova procs even if you already are in stealth and uses sprint which have made me and other players I've played with pull stuff that they don't want while trying to sneak around them. All the yellow mobs out in the wild in Halls of Valor quickly comes to mind as where this can be bothersome.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiduas View Post
    When that occurs it definitely feels annoying yes.

Mine would be with the golden trait "Shadow Nova" in Subtley combined with the trait "Flickering shadow". Shadow nova makes an AoE that triggers when stealth is cancelled and Flickering Shadow is the trait that activate stealth when no damage have been taken for three seconds after sprinting. The problem lies in that Shadow nova procs even if you already are in stealth and uses sprint which have made me and other players I've played with pull stuff that they don't want while trying to sneak around them. All the yellow mobs out in the wild in Halls of Valor quickly comes to mind as where this can be bothersome.
    That is the reason why i think Shadownova should work with Shadowdance only and should never proc when leaving normal stealth...
    You interact with an questobject, BOOM Shadownova, you talked to the npc, BOOM Shadownova
    For me it will be the last trait i skill in my Sub artifact, because maybe it will be fixed then and it can have godlike damage, but this annoyance is not worth it.

Using Death from Above on the final boss in Eye of Azshara. Instant DC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having to use RtB 6+ times in a row because it keeps giving only a single buff.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Seeing people bitch and moan about RtB on forums.

I never realised Shadow Nova was so bad. Like seriously, like I get that they wanted a cool effect attached to stealth but thats like having a siren go off whenever you break stealth. I can just see myself sapping a mob in front of a node or treasure, going in to open and it and BAM, there goes stealth. Or same thing if in a dungeon - if you sap something, get spotted on the way out of the pack or want to start engaging whilst next to a CC mob and BAM, there goes CC. Kinda poorly thought since you don't really have a choice but to take it if you want to max out sub.

Flickering shadows kind've annoys me on the same extent - its normally nice to have but if you just want to use sprint as world speed increase, it can be annoying since it slows you back down a bit. In raid I don't see it being useful since I can't see when you'd be spending 3 seconds not doing damage and not taking damage.

And finally... two seperate 3 point traits for dodge?

Would be nice if the utility sub traits better complimented the abilities their enhancing.

Grappling Hook.

"That cannot be used here."

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thottstation View Post
    Grappling Hook.

"That cannot be used here."
    So much this, same thing with shadowstep or the other error message: 'No path available'.
    you can hook the roofs in stormwind, you can climb the towers in Dalaran. But grappling up any type of ramp: 'No path available, you cant use that here'

Flickering shadow doesn't slow you down as stealth is Norma runspeed
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Grappling Hook and Shadowstep bugs that don't let you use them for some reason.

Using shadowstrike on nythendra and being ported into her hitbox with all the rot you can handle.

Deleted
    Mark for Death on an evading mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
    Using shadowstrike on nythendra and being ported into her hitbox with all the rot you can handle.
    See I kind of like this (and the thing that just got fixed on Iggy where it ported you actually inside him and you couldn't get out). I see it as like an extra skill shot type thing where you get penalised for not being in exactly the right place. At least, this approach works as long as you can predict where your boss is going to be. If your tank unexpectedly moves it for some reason then it can feel excessively punishing.

Quote Originally Posted by Celfydd View Post
    See I kind of like this (and the thing that just got fixed on Iggy where it ported you actually inside him and you couldn't get out). I see it as like an extra skill shot type thing where you get penalised for not being in exactly the right place. At least, this approach works as long as you can predict where your boss is going to be. If your tank unexpectedly moves it for some reason then it can feel excessively punishing.
    I wouldn't mind it as much if it was more consistent. Sometimes SS seems to drop you at the edge of the hitbox or the killing spree dropoff point, which my guess is what it's intended to do, but other times it drops you square int he center of the mob or deep inside their hit box. The problem is you kind of have to "test" it out on a case by case basis.

That said I also don't necessarily see it as any kind of "skill shot" thing on Nythendra when as a fight where you have to run away from the boss with stuff it's a reasonable assumption that you might use it for its ostensibly intended purpose to close the gap a little quicker than just running back all the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfador View Post
    I wouldn't mind it as much if it was more consistent. Sometimes SS seems to drop you at the edge of the hitbox or the killing spree dropoff point, which my guess is what it's intended to do, but other times it drops you square int he center of the mob or deep inside their hit box. The problem is you kind of have to "test" it out on a case by case basis.

That said I also don't necessarily see it as any kind of "skill shot" thing on Nythendra when as a fight where you have to run away from the boss with stuff it's a reasonable assumption that you might use it for its ostensibly intended purpose to close the gap a little quicker than just running back all the way.
    Both very reasonable points.

Maybe it's my internet, but it never happened in WoD or before then, but being close enough to a player/mob that my animation and sound trigger, but I'm not actually close enough for anything to happen so I end up running around spamming Cheap Shot and see my guy swing at air 6 or 7 times. Same with the Shadowstrike swish while being just out of range. I hear the sound so I think I've landed, but to no avail.