Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    Except it wasn't a bug it was just a mechanic used in a unintended way. Not the same thing please stop posting stupid shit like be thankful they didn't ban us. Lol.
    It was an exploit, it got fixed. Get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Steik View Post
    It was an exploit, it got fixed. Get over it.
    No how about you get a clue, a exploit is abusing a error/bug within the code to gain a advantage by exploiting it. Example: I write a piece of code where the core of it caps a number at 100 starting at 0. It can't go past a 100 and it all works fine, but there is no check in place to stop it from going beneath 0 and triggering a "underflow" suddenly the number goes to a extreme amount bugging out my game. A good example of this was the camera addon that let you get a unlimited range on it. This is what would be considered exploiting, abusing a bug within the coding of a game.

The code here worked fine, you fall down the pit, a bat grabs you and you get brought back up. The problem here was that it wasn't used for its intended purpose. That is not a exploit, that is a oversight and considered smart use of gamemechanics, not bannable. Learn your terminology.

No how about you get a clue, a exploit is abusing a error/bug within the code to gain a advantage by exploiting it. Example: I write a piece of code where the core of it caps a number at 100 starting at 0. It can't go past a 100 and it all works fine, but there is no check in place to stop it from going beneath 0 and triggering a "underflow" suddenly the number goes to a extreme amount bugging out my game. A good example of this was the camera addon that let you get a unlimited range on it. This is what would be considered exploiting, abusing a bug within the coding of a game.

The code here worked fine, you fall down the pit, a bat grabs you and you get brought back up. The problem here was that it wasn't used for its intended purpose. That is not a exploit, that is a oversight and considered smart use of gamemechanics, not bannable. Learn your terminology.
    The bats reset aggro on any mobs you had with you, that is the bug abuse part.
    It wasn't an intended strategy, and it got hot-fixed. I see nothing wrong with this .

High Overlord
    7+ Year Old Account

Abusing a bug or glitch or using a game system or mechanic for something that's not its intended purpose is the very definition of a game exploit.

Doubtful anyone's getting banned for using it but damn choose another hill to die on.

Deleted

Exploit. Stop crying, it got fixed. Go do it the intended way.

Except it wasn't a bug it was just a mechanic used in a unintended way. Not the same thing please stop posting stupid shit like be thankful they didn't ban us. Lol.
    The trash resetting due to it was a bug. The decided fix was to remove the bats entirely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    The trash resetting due to it was a bug. The decided fix was to remove the bats entirely.
    No cause there was no bug, if everyone can't be hit by mobs, mobs evade and reset. This is intended, the way the bats were used wasn't intended so it got changed.

Btw I got no issue that it got fixed, I just get irritated with people calling this exploiting and bannable.

vault is already the easiest dungeon as it is (maybe after court)
    it was bound to happen, btw the skagglydrink trick for the 2nd boss is fixed as well.

but anyway you can still glide over the mobs and only kill the last one.

No how about you get a clue, a exploit is abusing a error/bug within the code to gain a advantage by exploiting it.
    Like you were doing.

Realized this yesterday with a bang. Shade kicked me off the edge and went splat. Had I known this was changed I wouldn't have stood as close as I did

Those of you saying HUZZAH an exploit was fixed,there are 2 groups of people complaining:
    Those who use the reset aggro "exploit" and
    Those who just enjoy the flight after clearing the trash

I and many I know fall into the latter group. It's actually part of a broader Blizard hotfixing pattern this expansion,exploits or mechanics are hotfixed sometimes with deadly consequences and _no_ notifications - this is less than ideal. I support them fixing things but at least put it in the notes

Another change that was a bit irritating but not noted was hotfixing "walter" to only work in WOD zones

Quote Originally Posted by Spike` View Post
    seen some folks saying that the potion trick of opening the door (the Alchemy one) for easy second boss was also fixed

can anyone confirm that ?
    I can confirm this. In mythic+ you can no longer interact with that door even with a Skaggldrynk.