Destro pvp in 7.1

I've read and heard that some of the top locks are putting AP into their destro weapon for the 7.1 patch.. Is destro going to finally be viable in 3s or the best spec in pvp? Thanks!

They changed some of their pvp talents. The big one is a talent that gives chaos bolt 200%? extra damage, but no longer works with havoc. Most people are expecting that to be reduced to 150%, but even at 150% it would give them significant burst damage. They still have issues against a lot of melee trains, but with a boomkin or frost mage they would most likely be viable.

I dunno why but destro and viablo in 3's is hilarious to me. Who knows, maybe we'll finally see some Warlock love this expansion.

Edit: Watching Cobrak test Destro in 2 skirmish's was appetizing, probably won't stay that strong, but giving conflag a root is pretty awesome, I gotta say.
    Last edited by frigoffrick; 2016-10-19 at 08:34 PM.

Cobrak made his video when the focused chaos talent was 200%. It has been reduced to 150%.
    Bandwagon sports fans can eat a bag of http://www.ddir.com/ .

Deleted
    Focused chaos (* 2,5) is a buff of +- 27% compared to Firestone.
    If you go for the Initation talent it's even a +- 33,33% increase over Firestone.

Deleted
    200% was completely OP. Even at 150% Chaos Bolt is gonna hit like a truck.

Destro will definitely be equal to demo ( I don't wanna say better until i see it in action ), the good thing so far is that it has 2 completely different playstyles in 1 spec which should push it ahead in the 3s department , alas demo still holds the tankiest spec title while retaining it's niche so I'd say in 7.1 demo = destro in terms of overall arena performance, with affliction at the bottom.

I'm hoping some of the affliction row 5-6 talents get reworked like destro's pvp tree , since there are a lot of dead affliction pvp talents atm (Soulburn , Soul siphon and soul swap need a serious revision).
    Last edited by wholol; 2016-10-20 at 10:01 AM.

I need to know: do chaos bolt from portal will benefit from 150% damage?
    I really want to play affliction but it seems next patch it will be deleted from the game with all those nerfs.

I only dabble in pvp (world quests and random bgs if that's the weekly quest), but as Destro I feel incredibly strong in small equal footing situations ... like 1v1 or 2v2. I'm only 867 equipped, but I do wonder how much of this happens to be gear discrepancy. Because I'm pretty garbage at pvp historically.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.