Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Ifeanychukwu View Post
    Tossing around insults now huh?
    I'm fairly certain I didn't (yet) insult you, but feel free to, well, feel insulted.

I think you're thinking retribution was more complex than it really was.
    And I think you're oversimplyfying how it was back then.

. It was one of the best performing and simultaneously easy to play specs at the time.
    yeah right, especially when we transited from Naxx to Ulduar.
    That performance there.

I definitely wasn't an outstanding player back then but it was easy to top the charts as ret
    I casually top charts in random BGs all the time, does it make my claim that Ret is PvP king true?
    So does your claim about topping charts back then.

Don't know why you feel the need to so aggressively defend a spec that hasn't existed in that form for half a decade now but whatever, this shit isn't worth arguing over lol.
    That me being calm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Butosai View Post
    What do you mean crusade is one of the most powerful and exciting cds in the game
    Maybe I didn't formulate it right. I love Crusade but Avenging Wrath on its own, if you don't spec into Crusade is very boring.

In Wrath ret was a whack a mole mindless button mashing spec. You could literally bind every spell to the mousewheel and scroll your way to the top of the charts.
    I was more referring to inique abilities we had back then that made game play super fun: freedom out of stuns, dispel magic, 100% crit on stunned targets from special attacks, old SS vs Wars, instant cc on demons (this was amazing when fighting DKs or Locks), Rets could quite often go OOM at least in pvp, hence you could rejen mana or hp based on judgement debufs you left on targets, i still miss how Rets could actually TANK vault bosses that gave pvp/pve pieces. Every spec more of less mindless if you go there, but Ret had tools that made is very very fun, if you chose to only focus on topping charts...well then you missed out on other aspects of the Ret game play.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    That me being calm.
    This is actually storm hopping around with a basket full of roses and throwing flower paddles across the ground , this is nice storm, enjoy it while it lasts mwuahaha ';..;'
    Last edited by Snegovik; 2016-10-24 at 09:17 PM.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I do agree that Ret isn't the most engaging spec right now, but I don't think it's in a terrible state. It does actually work pretty well overall, and it still has okay utility, but lots of Classes have lost things. I would like the spec to be a bit more interesting, but from what I've seen Ret seems pretty okay in PVP, Raids and Mythic+.

Whilst DK has some good fantasy for UH the RNG with Festering Wounds can make your opener a Nightmare. You could require 4 Festering Strikes to get 8 wounds for Apocalypse on the opener on 2 depending on RNG, and it can completely mess up your opener like that. Blood DK has serious issues meaning it relies on externals to tank Cenarius because it's only DR is from a Talent and the spec as a whole is crap now with a lot less variety or active mitigation than before. Frost is broken and seems to be completely neglected right now. Arms relies on Tactician Procs and struggles hopelessly without it, and Fury for some reason has to take extra damage.

Regarding Ret, I did prefer it during WoD. It was more engaging, with some nice options for Talents, a good rotation with variance for ST and AoE. Now however it seems to have to choose between ST and AoE using talents, which isn't the best design for me.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )