Another "Which damn trinket to use" post.

Hey all, in need of some opinions atm on trinkets. Kinda new to mage, as I played a prot warrior from BC to MoP before taking a break and skipping WOD. Come back wanting to be a ranged class, so I'm still trying to learn this whole mage thing. So the two trinkets I'm using right now, are a 835 Wriggling Sinew and a 835 Swarming Plaguehive. So recently doing a World Quest I got a super upgrade to An'she's INfusion of Light, a 845 trinket with 1177 INT and 957 Crit. A fire mages two best friends.

The question is, the SP trinket...is Haste and an active dmg proc. I'd think the AIoL trinket would blow it out of the water...but upon simming it...SP was doing upwards of 4k in all scenerios more DPS. The ONLY scenerio AIoL beat it out was in Patchwerk phase with the ability set to Epic (basically ZERO mistakes ever...which is not me, as I'm still learning slowly but surely. Big difference in moving and doing dps and tanking and standing still 80% of the time)

ANyone got any experience on this for a newer mage? AM I making the right choice sticking with SP trinket?

Dunno if it'll help but my armory is below. YES I got a 2nd ring slot, but it's just the 835 Crit caster ring from Headless Horsemen....for some reason it's not showing up on Armory, or anything.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psoul/advanced

ALso, in game my crit says 58%. In armory it says 42.5% (which is low due to the ring not showing up to buuut) which crit do most people talk about "having" when they say they have 60% crit ect....and what crit % do I need to aim for?

Anyhelp would be awesome.

Armoury crit is low because it doesn't take Molten Armour into account. Molten Armour is 15% crit, and your missing ring must be the other 0.5%. When people talk about crit, it's always the value you see in-game. There is no specific crit % "to aim for." Crit is basically always good until you get to 100% (103% if bosses still have crit suppression, dunno if they removed that, I think they did). Its value does start to decline below Int's around ~12k-13k crit rating, but it'll still be your best secondary stat as far as I know. Just get as much crit as you can.

As for your trinket question, the difference will be pretty minimal either way it sounds. You'll likely get a better trinket pretty quickly anyway. I wouldn't worry about the difference between those two too much.

Plague Hive is overvalued on sims because Haste will skew the results a bit. You just want 1800 then the haste sitting on the trinket becomes useless. I would definitely go with the stat stick and sinew.

Going by just beating on a dps dummy, the DPS was about the same, which was about 200k, which I also know *should* be higher for my 246 ilvl, i was bursting for around 450k but just seems my damage falls off in between combustion phases, as well as sinew on cd when combustion comes off cd the second time by about 15 seconds. I know combustion doesn't wait for sinew, it's the other way around but I was only hitting on the dummy for 3 min intervals testing.

Again the Plaguehive did about 1k more DPS but I was hitting much harder with the other...so I think I'll keep it, as I figure if I sure up my rotation and quit with the mess up's it'll pull ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Spitfiyah View Post
    Plague Hive is overvalued on sims because Haste will skew the results a bit. You just want 1800 then the haste sitting on the trinket becomes useless. I would definitely go with the stat stick and sinew.
    Haste is never useless. Just less good. If its overvalued on sims, Idk, but my point stand. And the proc on Plagued Hive is good.

The proc is solid and haste is strong, especially if you use the legendary bracers or kindling.

Deleted
    Plague Hive is actually one of the best trinkets you can get your hands on.

Deleted
    Hi thougt i would post here instead of making a new thread.

I have Devilsaur 825 and Skovald 855 but today i dropped a 840 Oakheart, the first thing I did was sim and i saw that i gained 3k dps with oakheart (despite the loss of 950 crit). I guess i will have to use it on ST boss, however i think that Skovald might be better on AoE/Cleave and 5man.content. Is it the case ? (reminder Skovald is 855, Oak is 840).

Thanks