Thread: New Mage

New Mage

Hi everyone,

I haven't played for a very long time (since early WoD) and was thinking of coming back to play a fire mage to eventually raid with. Is this a difficult spec to succeed with for someone who hasn't played in a while? How steep is the learning curve?

The steepest
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenetix View Post
    Hi everyone,

I haven't played for a very long time (since early WoD) and was thinking of coming back to play a fire mage to eventually raid with. Is this a difficult spec to succeed with for someone who hasn't played in a while? How steep is the learning curve?
    It's incredibly easy to learn, harder to master but the skill cap isn't too high

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fearist View Post
    The steepest
    Way to be a jackass when someone asks a question . Did I give you the attention you so badly require?
    Last edited by Sylvaeres; 2016-10-23 at 02:43 AM.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Azkial View Post
    It's incredibly easy to learn, harder to master but the skill cap isn't too high

- - - Updated - - -

Way to be a jackass when someone answers a question . Did I give you the attention you so badly require?
    Jesus.. The people on these forums are so uptight.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sith View Post
    Jesus.. The people on these forums are so uptight.
    Ya that's definitely the issue here. Guy A asks for help, Guy B motors off like a moron, Guy C calls him out, and here comes Guy D to continue that moronic nonsense.
    Sylvaeres-Azkial-Pailerth @Proudmoore

what crawled up your butt and died?
    #1 fire mage US. u mirin'?
    "Aaah ah ah ah ah ah ah yea, f*ck me, ah, f*ck, aah yeah"
    - Jenna Jameson

Hi everyone,

Fire is the easiest mage spec, and also the strongest. And considered by many to be the most fun as well, and those 3 things are why its so popular.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hi everyone,

Fire is very easy and it's quite strong, it gets kinda dull after a while though.

It's a very smooth spec that is very easy to most. Don't worry at all.

Fire is pretty easy to master. It'll take time for you to develop the skills to maximize its mechanics during that Combustion window, but overall Fire is a very forgiving spec for new Mages right now. You'll do fine. Just make sure you look into Icy Veins and Altered Time on how to maximize your DPS with that Spec.