Deleted

[Prot]Threat Problem

Good Morning

Soo i start advancer with my pala tank 2 weeks ago ,our tank in guild left us so i take his place.Im new prot paladyn maining holy for few years but going to the point when im tanking m+ i have totaly no problems with keeping agro on me but when im in raid tanking with my warrior i totaly cant keep threat even after my taunt he still got agro from boss i rly dont know what im doing wrong or what is the case my friend told that is problem with my low rank artefact in on lvl 17 my warrior friend have hes on 28 lvl but rly this make that diffrence??? can some body help me ???

the biggest problem is on ursoc how to do perfect ping pong with debuffs if i cant hold agro more then 3 sec after my taunt Y_Y

Deleted
    There are not many things that u can do bout threat (maybe going first avenger but u gonna loose bastion of light that can prove valuable later in fight, for more avengers shield damage on ursoc.) but there are also not many things that u can do wrong as well. only solution is dumping some shields initially for threat (have everything off cd when u taunt ) and tell your cotank to do the /dance when not actively tanking. Prot paly is a threat bomb anyways so with gear and ap investment on weapon more threat will come. (find some good relics for the weapon ilvl through mythic+ tell your guild to help with that would be a major+ for threat as well).

Deleted
    i admit ther big diffrence in ap and ilvl im at 17 lvl rank artefact he is on 28 and like 20 ilvl difrence between us
    i cant post logs from raid im not allowed to post any links images or videos atm
    but from logs i see it that on first boss hc i taunted 17 times he only 3 and still he had all time agro

If your other tank is pulling aggro, it is their fault. They can just chill, their DPS isn't going to matter unless you're really pushing yourself at the cutting edge of content. Just tell them; "If you intend to keep being like this, you're going to cause wipes from failed tank swaps. Give me time to get stable on threat before you start smashing away mate"

Honestly. Tanks are meant to work together, and while I will occasionally pull aggro off my other Tank (I'm a DH, he is a Guardian....) I'll just chill, focus more on calling stuff, maybe even go for a nice walk or something. Just don't be an asshole and keep doing your full rotation when you got another Tank struggling with Aggro. Especially on Ursoc, it can easily wipe you due to tank stacks.

Quick Edit: Some fights such as Nythendra it doesn't matter too much. You taunt, they sod off and drop the debuff, and probably take the boss back. That's fine, you're there just to allow that to happen if you're much lower iLevel, I tend to tank Nythendra for about 80% of the fight simply because of my Threat, but it's not a concern on that fight. It depends on a per fight basis when it's acceptable and not an issue. I basically solo-tank Spider Boss (even in Roc Form), so it's not an issue. Ursoc though? Fuck your Off-Tank.

Edit: Not worth it