Potion of Prolonged Power

http://ptr.wowhead.com/spell=229217/...rolonged-power
    Since I haven't seen anyone on here talk about this and it coming this tues. Do we have any info on if this will be better or worse than old war for all 3 specs?

2500 Agility for all the time is probably MUCH better.

Idk For some specs it doesn't beat deadly grace and old war is much more powerful than deadly grace.

i dont think it's gonna be better for outlaw or exsang

but i'd wager it's gonna be better for sub and agonizing

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    2500 Agility for all the time is probably MUCH better.
    It's not all the time though, its up 2 mins of a fight if you pre-pot.

Who named this potion? Mr Pfizer?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

the benefit of this potion is not so much that it will do more dps than old war (because my guess is that it won't) but rather that it is very cheap to make. therefore it's a nice alternative for if you can't afford to blow old war all the time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Old War will still probably win out for Outlaw as its effects concentrate nicely into the CotDB/AR periods on the pull and during a burn where DPS spikes really, really hard and you're spamming the fuck out of RT for its duration.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Deleted
    While its up it increases you dps by ~18.25% and it synergizes better with cds / pull as old war for sin. So the multiplicative factors are increasing this outpit even higher.
    Last edited by mmoc33efe4d836; 2016-10-24 at 02:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Citrush View Post
    While its up it increases you dps by ~18.25% and it synergizes better with cds / pull as old war for sin. So the multiplicative factors are increasing this outpit even higher.
    that would mean in a 4 minute fight it's 9,125% of your damage which means it's way better than old war
    btw for outlaw it'd give 3750 AP instead of 2500 for the duration, i hadnt even considered that.
    Last edited by shaunika123; 2016-10-24 at 03:51 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    that would mean in a 4 minute fight it's 9,125% of your damage which means it's way better than old war
    btw for outlaw it'd give 3750 AP instead of 2500 for the duration, i hadnt even considered that.
    Why 3750 for Outlaw?

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Why 3750 for Outlaw?
    because outlaw gets 50% extra attack power from the vitality passive it's just not shown for some reason in the spellbook, but it's easy to test with the wod potion

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shaunika123 View Post
    because outlaw gets 50% extra attack power from the vitality passive it's just not shown for some reason in the spellbook, but it's easy to test with the wod potion
    Huh. I did not know this.

I asume this will be an overall DPS gain over Old War for AP sin builds, however if what you are looking for is short term burst damage Old War will be the best choice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Huh. I did not know this.
    Blizzard like to leave out a lot of passives from the spellbook.