Deleted

NEED HELP: (Ilginoth's Trinket)

Hey guys,

I'm worried about how to use ilginoth's trinket. I got it the last save. I allways use it ON CD. I have the heroic version (860 ilvl). But another mage in my raid, have the HC version but forged (875 ilvl). And she is allways doing like 3-4 Million of damage more than me. I know that his trinket it's 875 and mine 860 but i dont thinkt that 15 ilvl get that difference... Are something to do to make more damage with the tinket... Last boss we kill (Mythic Ursoc) in the first 34seconds of fight with prepot, rune and combustion (she and me). She did 2.84M and i did 633.4K. I don't understant that difference, can someone explain it? I would like to know if i'm doing something wrong!

I can't post with links so.. I put my nickname to let you search for logs : Thrasnomage (Me) Lúah (She). If you didnt find... the guild is High Quality on C'Thun (Spain).

Thx for reading And hope your help

You are absolutly required to have the 10th stack be consumed while having the ROP buff active, that increases your dmg by 50% flat out! Also, if also combustion is up, you are going to crit with the trinket guaranteed.

So, your opener should be: consume 3-4 stacks, then rop+comb, pyro blast pyro (blast pyro), flame on, blast pyro blast pyro.
    You should get all that through during your ROP + comb. and by the time your 10th stack is consumed and your trinket fires, your ROP should still be up.

For later activations, you look at your remaining time for the boss fight. If you cannot get two out anymore, delay it for next comb. If you can get more than 1 out still, use it on cd. Important though, to having ROP active when you consume the last stack!
    Last edited by Svinder; 2016-10-24 at 08:43 AM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by Svinder View Post
    You are absolutly required to have the 10th stack be consumed while having the ROP buff active, that increases your dmg by 50% flat out! Also, if also combustion is up, you are going to crit with the trinket guaranteed.

So, your opener should be: consume 3-4 stacks, then rop+comb, pyro blast pyro (blast pyro), flame on, blast pyro blast pyro.
    You should get all that through during your ROP + comb. and by the time your 10th stack is consumed and your trinket fires, your ROP should still be up.

For later activations, you look at your remaining time for the boss fight. If you cannot get two out anymore, delay it for next comb. If you can get more than 1 out still, use it on cd. Important though, to having ROP active when you consume the last stack!

There are 2 types of opener with this trinket atm.
    If you got Bloodlust on pull it looks like: 3 sec before fight starts--- use your trinket --> pot--> precast fireball--> ROP--> Phoenix Flames--> (if the fireball crits --> pyro) --> fireblast-->pyro-->fireblast-->pyro-->flame on-->fireblast-->pyro-->fireblast-->pyro Then the trinket got 10 stacks and explodes with ROP+comb. So it deals 2.3-2.6m dmg.
    If you dont Bloodlust on pull you:
    3 sec before fight starts--- use your trinket --> pot--> precast fireball-->fireball--> and then normal burst rota.

Without Bloodlust your GCD is too high so you need 2 pre casts to be save.

If you have questions: Check my logs.

Arthaszz - Antonidas EU

Deleted
    Thanks a lot guys, now i will waste 3-4 stacks before RoP + Combustion. And i'll do a WA to be sure. Thanks a lot for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by thrasno View Post
    Thanks a lot guys, now i will waste 3-4 stacks before RoP + Combustion. And i'll do a WA to be sure. Thanks a lot for the help.
    Yeah but dont do it at Pull! Otherwise you will loose tons of dps.

Deleted
    http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...3732879?page=1

Check this thread out. You don't need to precast more than 1 Fireball on pull.

Deleted
    Always transfer last stack during RoP and Combustion - dmg is calculated when last stack is transfered. If you are using Kindling you should delay it for 3rd Combustion to make sure it will crit or you are risking to loose a lot of dmg.

Use it before RoP/Combustion to have ~5 stacks (~7 with BL/TW) so you can be sure you are able to transfer last stack in time, because it mostly doesn't transfer stack on Fire Blast cast during casting or GCD recovery. You can use it before pull (just before prepot and precast).

Quote Originally Posted by ArthasZZ View Post
    Yeah but dont do it at Pull! Otherwise you will loose tons of dps.
    This is pretty much flat out wrong. If you don't use lust on the pull (or you don't have troll zerking) you absolutely want to delay using combust/rop until you apply 2-3 stacks of maddening whispers. This will insure that in the globals you have available the 10th stack will be applied during the final seconds of cooldowns.

For what its worth if you're using Kindling. Assuming you have a 10 second pull timer. You wanna hit the trinket as soon as the pull timer goes out it helps line up combustion with it for the second use ideally you'd want to hit it around 15 seconds prior to pull. Also thing to note if you're running out of time on Combustion and ROP you can use Counter spell to remove a additional stack.

My thoughts after using it a bit:

A. Never/Rarely(skill cap) delay combustion for trinket unless you are sure combustion can't be cast again before boss dies
    B. You don't need to run cinderstorm for this trinket to be optimal

You have a choice that is pretty close when lining up:

1. Wait to pop trink during 3rd combustion(see A, or if you can precast)
    2. Pop trink w/(just before) RoP

Note: Precasting the trink several seconds early, in my experience, will still cause you to have to delay combustion a bit to line it up.

What gimps the trink when popping during RoP alone isn't so much the crit. If you have 60% crit you will still get normal damage from the other charges.

It's the spell Pyretic Incantation which causes RoP alone casts to be such a pain to optimize this trinket. IMHO delay is best, but in mythic+ there are cases where you will only get 2 combustions.

Ideally in those cases you could delay the second combustion for the trinket.

However, a lot of times, less optimal players(me) might not be sure if you are gonna get 2 or 3 combustions off. In those rare instances, imo, you would want to burn the trink and rop about halfway through. There may be a way to guarntee stacks of Pyretic Incantation during RoP only wriggling sinew.

I did some tests. On a skull target dummy on opener at 65ish% crit in combat and no flask/food.

Anecdotal testing: During first opener trink did about 2 million. During Rune only burst I noted that the trink did about 800k. When I did rune only and made sure my PI was up to 3 on the last transfer I noted the trink did 1.5m.

There was a wide variation between the trinket damage when I blindly casted it before ROP without lucking up on PI. So because of that variation, and considering the only other dps the trinket provides for is passive, I would think that delaying sinew until 3rd combustion would be a sidegrade vs casting it with rop on cooldown with just 2 casts of the trinket, but it would also be less consistent, and lower over more than 2 casts(ie the less times in total it lines up the wider that discrepancy becomes, since the first linup is free, only one out of line cast would be less of a dps loss vs say 3).

Because of the already added complexity the trinket brings, and because PI is hard(for me currently) to plan for, that is why I like to delay for combustion 3.

Deleted
    Thx to all for the answers. I tried your tips on Mythic Dragons of Nightmare yesterday and i made the same dmg (more or less) than the other mage!! I used the trinket in prepull before 2 casts of Fireball then i do combus rotation and that was OK. I was allways exploding trinket when the RoP has 3 or 4 seconds left to go out... and the same to combustion so.... 2M hits shines . Thx for your help

If i said in my Post at top.
    Without lust you need 2 pre casts (i am gnom)

You never need 3 pre casts if you can play your rotation well and know how to play the GCD Bug correctly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldhandslol View Post
    what gcd bug :P?
    Check my post from earlier and you'll see.