Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

Legendary ring, am I doing this right?

Hey all, I was lucky enough to get the legendary ring last night while boosting a friends alt through mythic MoS. After equipping it and running multiple simulations with different specs simcraft showed Zeal being better than TFoJ for single target which is nice as I prefer that, however it also showed my stats as Verse > Crit >> Haste >> Mastery. This wasn't that surprising personally as it had always show Verse/Crit better than Haste but now they are an entire point ahead.

Anyway, This thread does have points/questions:

Am I correct in saying this is normal and that the guides that say Haste > all are just using a blanket value and ignoring that it's value is only for making breakpoints or something? If not then where am I going wrong? lol.

Also, the damage with Crusade+HoV+Ring is mental but for the 2min between activations I feel bad, am I or is that just a false feeling caused by how dope the nuke is?

Thanks.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Hey all, I was lucky enough to get the legendary ring last night while boosting a friends alt through mythic MoS. After equipping it and running multiple simulations with different specs simcraft showed Zeal being better than TFoJ for single target which is nice as I prefer that, however it also showed my stats as Verse > Crit >> Haste >> Mastery. This wasn't that surprising personally as it had always show Verse/Crit better than Haste but now they are an entire point ahead.

Anyway, This thread does have points/questions:

Am I correct in saying this is normal and that the guides that say Haste > all are just using a blanket value and ignoring that it's value is only for making breakpoints or something? If not then where am I going wrong? lol.

Also, the damage with Crusade+HoV+Ring is mental but for the 2min between activations I feel bad, am I or is that just a false feeling caused by how dope the nuke is?

Thanks.
    Haste is the most important stat, but that doesn't mean you always prioritise it. Once you have enough for a nice smooth rotation without having to wait for Judgment to come off cooldown while sitting on holy power, at least when target switching isn't a thing, then your haste is ok. Bear in mind that you have Crusade going for the most important damage periods of fights, and your haste will be much less valuable at these times. When Heroism is going as well, all your haste is pretty unhelpful. But then you don't always have Crusade up so you do need that reasonable haste for the other times as well.

Your single target damage between uses of Crusade is not bad, it's just that we have decent non-burst single target damage but probably the very best single target burst.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Haste is a weird stat for ret paladins and very jumpy based on the proximity to break points. For me, haste could go from a scale of 4 to 20 based on how close to 13% or ~22%.

I've personally decided to go for the 22% breakpoint because the rotation seems better at that point and seems to be the DPS maxima for me.

My suggestion is to constantly resim your character as you change gear and, if you know how to do it, do a reforge plot to see how haste varies.