Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    As someone who is constantly mailing items between friends, guildmates and alts on a secondary bnet account, it's really annoying.

Yes, I know them. Yes, they're in my friends list. Yes, they're a guildmate. If I didn't want to mail them something, I wouldn't.

Sure, it could be useful in the .1% chance that I misspell a name, but come on - make it a little smarter.

We need less of the bashing.
    "I don't want it, therefore it is bad".
    And more of how to actually improve the experience for those who legitimately are impacted most by it.
    Temporarily witelisting a single player in the case of repeated trades/mails for instance.
    Automatic whitelisting of alts.

For example.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Milcheax View Post
    As someone who is constantly mailing items between friends, guildmates and alts on a secondary bnet account, it's really annoying.

Yes, I know them. Yes, they're in my friends list. Yes, they're a guildmate. If I didn't want to mail them something, I wouldn't.

Sure, it could be useful in the .1% chance that I misspell a name, but come on - make it a little smarter.
    Technically, allowing the popup to not show for friends wouldn't work since you can add friends through the API. It should recognize guildmates and bnet though, but a scammer could possibly social engineer their way into the guild then use their trade/mail code.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet

Quote Originally Posted by Kanegasi View Post
    Technically, allowing the popup to not show for friends wouldn't work since you can add friends through the API. It should recognize guildmates and bnet though, but a scammer could possibly social engineer their way into the guild then use their trade/mail code.
    Other way around, I think - scammer guilds inviting folks to "raid trials" seems likely with this.

OK, they seem to have fixed it. Since the client update yesterday the popujp didn't appear anymore (for in-guild trades at least).

Deleted
    What I don't get is why not just make the accept trade button a protected function? It's like if they put 10 popups in a row asking if you really want to trade/are you really really sure and then you could automate the first 9 steps. What's the point.

Quote Originally Posted by empo View Post
    What I don't get is why not just make the accept trade button a protected function? It's like if they put 10 popups in a row asking if you really want to trade/are you really really sure and then you could automate the first 9 steps. What's the point.
    Because that isn't easily protected.
    The popups are because they function differently.
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

They need to give us an option to turn this off.

What's even worse is I just did two seperate mails to my alts.

One was sending close to a million gold to another character on my account and it was like "eh.. go for it." No pop up or anything.

Second one? 3 BOA Nightfallen tokens and suddenly it's "WHOA HEY SHIT HOLD ON YOU SURE YOU WANNA SEND THEM MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHO THAT BE DAWG"

So Blizz doesn't care that I am sending a large amount of gold let alone caring about the possibility of me sending it to a complete stranger if I typo it (yknow the entire point of this annoyance in the first place) but yet it wants to grill me for items that literally cannot be sent to anyone other than myself.

Absolute. Genius.

Don't get me wrong. I completely understand the need for this. I cannot count how many times I saw posts about people getting scammed via WA scripts in HFC but give me the option to turn it off. Give me a giant pop up that says "hey you turn this off and type whatever in the box and accept it you're on your own" and I'll do it in an instant.
    Last edited by Kazuchika; 2016-11-14 at 02:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    Second one? 3 BOA Nightfallen tokens a
    wait nightfallen rep tokens are boa now?

So basically how it works is the rep tokens you get from order hall missions are normally BoP but once that character is exalted with that faction they go BoA.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    999/1000, Exalted isn't enough

lol that's so dumb. "You can't just be exalted.. you gotta be OCD exalted"

15+ Year Old Account
    They need to give us an option to turn this off.

What's even worse is I just did two seperate mails to my alts.

One was sending close to a million gold to another character on my account and it was like "eh.. go for it." No pop up or anything.

Second one? 3 BOA Nightfallen tokens and suddenly it's "WHOA HEY SHIT HOLD ON YOU SURE YOU WANNA SEND THEM MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHO THAT BE DAWG"

So Blizz doesn't care that I am sending a large amount of gold let alone caring about the possibility of me sending it to a complete stranger if I typo it (yknow the entire point of this annoyance in the first place) but yet it wants to grill me for items that literally cannot be sent to anyone other than myself.

Absolute. Genius.

Don't get me wrong. I completely understand the need for this. I cannot count how many times I saw posts about people getting scammed via WA scripts in HFC but give me the option to turn it off. Give me a giant pop up that says "hey you turn this off and type whatever in the box and accept it you're on your own" and I'll do it in an instant.
    getting a pop up when sending <alt>-<server> instead of just <alt> is a bug that you could have easily verified instead of whining about it like a child
    Abandon the search for Truth; settle for a good fantasy.
    iKeystones, iLFRDescription, iEncounterEventTracker

Quote Originally Posted by Ironi View Post
    getting a pop up when sending <alt>-<server> instead of just <alt> is a bug that you could have easily verified instead of whining about it like a child
    Oh my bad I forgot calling Blizz out on their shit isn't allowed

Go sit down somewhere kid.

Oh my bad I forgot calling Blizz out on their shit isn't allowed

Go sit down somewhere kid.
    You call someone dumb for having an artificial additional goal which hurts nobody.
    You call someone a kid because they point out your immaturity in launching a rant at someone without bothering to ensure its validity first.

You just can't accept being wrong.
    Try giving reason why someone is wrong, instead of being a hypocrite in accusing others of being something you are far more guilty of yourself.

Actually I correct that statement.
    Kids I have seen act more mature than that, so is an insult to kids to liken them to that.