Warning for Mr.robot users

The addon is pushing me to use mastery over versatility.
    It was putting me at 60% mastery and 5% vers.

Had to switch to simcraft to up my dps

Did you actually test it on the dummy or raid settings, though? Why do you think simcraft is better than mr. Robot?

Quote Originally Posted by Havocxx View Post
    The addon is pushing me to use mastery over versatility.
    It was putting me at 60% mastery and 5% vers.

Had to switch to simcraft to up my dps
    You had to switch necause the sim did not do what you wanted it to do?
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

For the record, it's pushing you to mastery as the poison build (crit/mastery) is the highest parsing build for sin currently. You can stay crit/versa and run the bleed build but it's dmg potential will cap out. In low gear settings the crit/versa bleed build is best but as you gear up the crit/mastery poison build takes over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Enitzu View Post
    For the record, it's pushing you to mastery as the poison build (crit/mastery) is the highest parsing build for sin currently. You can stay crit/versa and run the bleed build but it's dmg potential will cap out. In low gear settings the crit/versa bleed build is best but as you gear up the crit/mastery poison build takes over.
    He is probably talking about for Outlaw (at least I hope)

There have been multiple threads/discussions about this specific thing.

i always take asmrrobot best in bag as just a recommendation what gear might be better. afterwards i always run simcraft in addition to amr

Deleted
    Amr is currently way more accurate than simc. Simc is parsing ep/ap to high and ep/exang to low. Amr is parsing ep/ap a little bit lower and ep/exang a little bit higher. The amr values are more accurate in practise. Esp the ep/exang sims way to low in simc should be the proof that something went wrong here in the writing.

Amr is dynamic and uses the best statmix for each subspec (f.e. ep/ap or ep/exang). Crit is the strongest stat for both specs besides agility/attackpower. Amr chooses the item with the best statmix on it.

Min-maxed 880 gear for sin ep ap is pulling 515k on amr, the exact same gear setup is pulling 584k in simc (which seems way to high)
    Last edited by mmoc33efe4d836; 2016-10-27 at 03:50 PM.

Sorry forgot to mention that im outlaw.
    I was using AMR and was pushing 50k+ less dps than fellow outlaws that were following simc as their guidelines.
    AMR wants me to enchant and socket for mastery, note im 860+ ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by Havocxx View Post
    Sorry forgot to mention that im outlaw.
    I was using AMR and was pushing 50k+ less dps than fellow outlaws that were following simc as their guidelines.
    AMR wants me to enchant and socket for mastery, note im 860+ ilvl.
    lol you pulling 50k less dps than other rogues who use simc doesn't mean amr is bad, it could very well be they are more skilled than you are or have better trinkets/itemization than you. or even just got better rolls that attempt than you.

@Havocxx if you have a log you can share for Ursoc, it's easy to compare an AMR sim to the log. If you link it to me, I can help set that up.
    Ask Mr. Robot Human Minion

Outlaw RNG is brutal. If you get a chain of 1 procs when they are getting 3 or 6 then your dps drops big time. Worst idea for a spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoopercat View Post
    @Havocxx if you have a log you can share for Ursoc, it's easy to compare an AMR sim to the log. If you link it to me, I can help set that up.
    I can't post links, would you be able to explain the process?

Thanks!

Up until a few days ago, BOTH AMR and Shadowcraft were showing Mastery>Vers>Haste>Crit for me, and had been for quite some time. Wasn't sure which was more suprising, Mastery being on top or Crit being on the bottom. As of a couple of days ago, AMR is showing the same, but Shadowcraft now has Vers ahead of Mastery, with Crit still being on the bottom. And yes, I know Shadowcraft has had issues recently, but when it aligned with AMR I thought perhaps it had been at least partially fixed. The stat weights it gives for me still seem fairly reasonable though.