Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I moved to the middle of nowhere in 2010 and played almost all of Cataclysm on a 1Mbps connection. It was completely fine, so you shouldn't worry. Steam, however, will become a said endeavor, as well as streaming decent quality video (especially if you have data caps, which I didn't). Just get used to leaving your PC on for long periods of time to download games and updates.

Of course all of this will depend on your speed. I know that where I lived now offers 8Mbps for the same price as when I had 1Mbps.

7+ Year Old Account
    Thanks everyone for your advise and stories. Out of a percentage of the comments I feel like life will go on and I'll still be able to play WoW, even if I do have to go satelite. I think what I'm going to do before I move is get a 2TB HDD and just download every single game I own so it will be ready to play. But I think my beta days are over.. see you all in Azeroth!

As long as there isn't any routing issues between your WoW server and your ISP you should be good on anything that can offer you 3-5 mbps and above.

You best bet is Fixed Wireless ( Some one said before with the dish on house that points to a tower) Most offer decent speeds but you will end up paying a lot more for a lot less than you did when you were in the city.

A year ago I moved to a rural area.. Basically a master plan community where you buy a 2 acre plot where you could then build your own house...I had and played wow on Fixed Wireless 25mbps down and 5mbps up ( ipaid 100/month for that service). It was ok.. My ping varied from 75-150ms I could raid with out issue..

But then Charter came in and installed fiber through the community.. So I am off fixed wireless... But if thats all you can get it will serve you fine!

Could use this as an opportunity to wean yourself off of the internet and video games and be more productive!

Quote Originally Posted by Shynra View Post
    Could use this as an opportunity to wean yourself off of the internet and video games and be more productive!
    That's just impossible. No one can live for more than a few days without the internet. Did you not see what happened to the Exiled from Suramar city? The Nightwell and mana is just a metaphor for Internet access. Those mana shots we give our are really Vine videos.

duderinio when vanilla was out there weren't speeds like more than 1024 kbps at where I lived. I had a 512kbps line and it was smooth, and that was dsl.

So ye I believe that you will be more than fine.

I used to play WoW on 4G internet.

I used to play FIFA 16 on 3G internet.

Games work. MMO should deffo work.

Dont play mobas or FPS tho

Quote Originally Posted by zsecmmo View Post
    Shelly what internet provider you use?

- - - Updated - - -

Lol hope my NPC gives out 1 free Legendary per battle.net account.
    Unless you're moving to rural Southern Oregon I don't think knowing my ISP would help you.

Just look up whomever does line of sight internet in your area. If there's a cell-phone tower you can see chances are you can get Internet access from it.