Fire mage critique

Hi guys, I just started a fire mage not long ago, so I went en norm with my guild, but I think I'm doing pretty shitty but no idea why so I decided to consult the better players out there so I can improve on it.

Here are my logs
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2atJLKqfV6nRCxAm/

I'm caster!

Thanks for your time!

get more crit. 10k or more and the spec starts feeling great (55% or more)

I`ll hog the thread a bit, how do I export logs? I want to expose all my noobness to be critiqued and improve lol.

7+ Year Old Account
    Currently 47°, -122° ... Originally 53°, -9°
    Quote Originally Posted by LightBR View Post
    I`ll hog the thread a bit, how do I export logs? I want to expose all my noobness to be critiqued and improve lol.
    Before you begin running in a raid, turn your combat log on by typing /wowcombatlog

This will write your logs to the log folder within your World of Warcraft directory.

Then you'll need to create an account with either worldoflogs.com or warcraftlogs.com, and download their uploader. This will allow you to connect and select the log parse file from your directory and upload it. Bear in mind, if you close or log out of wow, the log will disable and you'll need to reenable it with the command. You can run the same command to turn logging off.

I would recommend using WarcraftLogs as they have a much better user interface for reporting the data. At least in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by EscapersIV View Post
    Hi guys, I just started a fire mage not long ago, so I went en norm with my guild, but I think I'm doing pretty shitty but no idea why so I decided to consult the better players out there so I can improve on it.

Here are my logs
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/2atJLKqfV6nRCxAm/

I'm caster!

Thanks for your time!
    Ah what about my rotations and stuff? I was wondering if it's okay lol

Quote Originally Posted by Istenno View Post
    Before you begin running in a raid, turn your combat log on by typing /wowcombatlog

This will write your logs to the log folder within your World of Warcraft directory.

Then you'll need to create an account with either worldoflogs.com or warcraftlogs.com, and download their uploader. This will allow you to connect and select the log parse file from your directory and upload it. Bear in mind, if you close or log out of wow, the log will disable and you'll need to reenable it with the command. You can run the same command to turn logging off.

I would recommend using WarcraftLogs as they have a much better user interface for reporting the data. At least in my opinion.
    Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by EscapersIV View Post
    Ah what about my rotations and stuff? I was wondering if it's okay lol
    Any pros out there can help?! Hahaha

Not a pro in analysing this stuff, but compared to the other Mage you casted 9 less pyroblasts during your combustion despite you both using it 5 times (on xavius). You even used a fireball during it, which you should generally never do. If you run out of Phoenix flames/flameblasts scorch is the way to go. Also 2 less rop usages

Quote Originally Posted by Raggon View Post
    Not a pro in analysing this stuff, but compared to the other Mage you casted 9 less pyroblasts during your combustion despite you both using it 5 times (on xavius). You even used a fireball during it, which you should generally never do. If you run out of Phoenix flames/flameblasts scorch is the way to go. Also 2 less rop usages
    Ah yea that's true on the fireballs, ill take note thank you! Anymore guys?

Look up "out of line" go to the 27th and check my graphs on our heroic kills. You'll notice that my spikes are around 750-800k. All of your spikes are around ~300k, that's your issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Djautoplay View Post
    Look up "out of line" go to the 27th and check my graphs on our heroic kills. You'll notice that my spikes are around 750-800k. All of your spikes are around ~300k, that's your issue.
    Please tell me in what way you thought this post was useful.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Obviously your combustion windows are not going correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Djautoplay View Post
    Obviously your combustion windows are not going correctly.
    Noob question but what do you mean by combustion windows not going correctly?

Fire made dps is basically based around 10s windows of crazy burst with runs of power+combustion. we're all about burst windows. So using each combustion to the fullest is important. just do the basic fire make opener right on each boss pull and do the same rotation each time combustion is up. Never use phoenix flames or flame on outside of combustion windows.