7.1 Vuhdo ClusterFinder broken =(

Seems it stopped working in 7.1 for me.
    There is no cluster finder for my Chain Heal. =/

Anyone knows a solution or another tool that can do the job?

I know blizzard changed the APIs... There is nothing that can help with this?

Quote Originally Posted by satanicway View Post
    Seems it stopped working in 7.1 for me.
    There is no cluster finder for my Chain Heal. =/

Anyone knows a solution or another tool that can do the job?

I know blizzard changed the APIs... There is nothing that can help with this?
    If it can only work through knowing the exact distance between raid members, then no.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Not likely, just like DBM's range finder, that's how it worked.

They said that it would block seeing your distance in relation to the ground/map, but not to each other.

None of the new strings they provided can be used to do the job?

They said that it would block seeing your distance in relation to the ground/map, but not to each other.

None of the new strings they provided can be used to do the job?
    Incorrect.

Addons can no longer access the positions for player, party, and raid members in instances.
    That is intended.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Can't we still make an addon that everyone on the raid use, to trade informations of distance?

They can trade information providing the distance to each other player, if they all do that, you can make the clusterfinder work properly.

Can't we still make an addon that everyone on the raid use, to trade informations of distance?

They can trade information providing the distance to each other player, if they all do that, you can make the clusterfinder work properly.
    Not only do addons not know the position of other people, it does not know the position of yourself. This information is hidden now; the API previously used now just returns 0 when used in instances.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    Not only do addons not know the position of other people, it does not know the position of yourself. This information is hidden now; the API previously used now just returns 0 when used in instances.
    Really? I haven't tried, but do addons that report your x/y still work?

The only Cluster finder that could still work is one centered on the player.
    The only distance information available to the client now is to check if a target is within range X of the player.

(inside dungeons and raids)
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Gorsameth View Post
    The only Cluster finder that could still work is one centered on the player.
    The only distance information available to the client now is to check if a target is within range X of the player.

(inside dungeons and raids)
    Yes, and no.

Think this way:

5 Players (A,B,C,D,E)

Player A knows that hes: 10 yrds to B, 5 yrds to C, 40 yrds to D and 30 yrds do C
    Player B knows that hes: 10 yrds to A, 10 yrds to C, 20 yrds to D, 60 yrds to C
    (etc..)

You can calculate how many people will be hit by a Chain Heal based on this information.
    The addon only need to trade information with each other to know the relative distances of each raid member to each other, only using the distances not position as the base for the calculations.