The Rat Pack (Kara Achievement)

Anyone have any idea as to how to complete this achievement?

Everyone must be riding a Rat of the Usual Size, my group and I have looked extensively and I've cleared Kara several times, still have no idea how to finish this.

We have done all the other achievements minus this and Opera. I find it interesting it has the same Tooltip as "One Night in Karazhan" which leads to Nightbane. This leads me to believe maybe the Shade of Medivh triggers the ability to use them some how?

Or perhaps this is part of the Ring Quest chain? I'm stuck at the "High Stress Hiatus" quest and have no idea what comes after except the kill spiders quest afterwards.

Thanks to whoever can answer this. If no one knows, theory-crafting is welcome.

Deleted
    I'm stuck on this one too. The only thing I can think of is the small rats that form in a line when you attack one of the big ones before the mana devourer. I've yet to be hit by that line so I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Honkasaurus View Post
    I'm stuck on this one too. The only thing I can think of is the small rats that form in a line when you attack one of the big ones before the mana devourer. I've yet to be hit by that line so I'm not sure.
    My group has tried using the rats. We've been hit and tried even running along the line. No success.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Honkasaurus View Post
    Except those rats aren't of "usual" size. They are tiny like you are. The rat you are fighting is the one that is at usual size.

Rodent of Usual Size. May not have to be a rat though I didn't see any other rodents. My best guess is the Ratstallion mount but that would be rough, Blizzard expecting people to farm that mount for a Kara achievement plus you won't remain mounted when you engage the boss.

I honestly just thought it required all party members to be on ratstallion mounts

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    I honestly just thought it required all party members to be on ratstallion mounts
    I wonder if you can use the box with 25 of them there. Would make a lot more sense in terms of difficulty then doing that long ass grind of an achieve.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

it cant be the ratstallion mount. it says rodent of "usual" size.. the ratstallion is Fn massive.....

The achievement also simply says 'a' Mana Devourer. While that probably doesn't mean anything, I would expect if the achievement was referring to the boss it should say 'the' Mana Devourer, as that's usually how bosses are referred to in achievements.

Deleted
    With 7.1 the item Rodent of Usual Size was added. ID: 143664 (not allowed to post links, search wowhead for it)
    But no one has discovered it yet.
    Last edited by mmoc6d571efc92; 2016-11-07 at 08:18 PM.

I noticed something interesting in Karazhan today.

Right before Mana Devourer, we were killing one of the small rats. It did its stampede ability. The little line of rats spawned, and each little rat had a cogwheel when you hovered your cursor over them. I wasn't able to go and right click one.

Has anyone seen that the little stampede line of rats are clickable? Has anyone tried clicking them?

It might be worth mentioning that I had a Grimtotem Saddle Blanket buff. From the useless tailoring item that has yet to have a purpose. Could this be that purpose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by qactuar View Post
    The achievement also simply says 'a' Mana Devourer. While that probably doesn't mean anything, I would expect if the achievement was referring to the boss it should say 'the' Mana Devourer, as that's usually how bosses are referred to in achievements.
    Its "a" mana devourer because its nothing special. Its literally just a normal mana devourer that happens to be dangerous because you're tiny.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=143664/rodent-of-usual-size - I guess its zone drop..
    Duration: 1 day
    Use: Ride a Rodent of Usual Size.

Usable only in Karazhan.

doubt it's a rare random drop, probably looted from some specific mob(s) in some unvisited nook or cranny of the instance

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylista6 View Post
    I noticed something interesting in Karazhan today.

Right before Mana Devourer, we were killing one of the small rats. It did its stampede ability. The little line of rats spawned, and each little rat had a cogwheel when you hovered your cursor over them. I wasn't able to go and right click one.

Has anyone seen that the little stampede line of rats are clickable? Has anyone tried clicking them?

It might be worth mentioning that I had a Grimtotem Saddle Blanket buff. From the useless tailoring item that has yet to have a purpose. Could this be that purpose?
    Do you mean the buff from Bloodtotem saddle blanket?
    I tried that yesterday, but it had no effect. Not even the cursor changed.
    Last edited by mmoc6d571efc92; 2016-12-08 at 08:51 AM.

Deleted
    Also tried the saddle blanket, did not work at all.

Will try a Moroes trap in my next run.

My guess would mainly be to try and see if you can do any further interaction with the rats that spawn in the mana devourer room. Perhaps after you kill the mana devourer and grow in size, if you're able to have a rat on your person the rat would grow as well?

Deleted
    Did anyone have any luck with this achievement?

Hahaha such a shame that Blizzard had to fix it on the quiet because the necessary rats weren't obtainable before.