Deleted

Frost Death Knight.

Hi all,

I wanted to ask you why i am doing so shity dps in single target.

Some facts.

My character (i cant paste a link yet in mmo champion)

871 ilev (kaapek burning legion)

22 traits

8% haste (i know thats is a problem) but till now i prefer ilev than stat.

30% mastery

31% cirtical strike

7% versality

Yesterday at EN HC at dragons i made 299k dps, on Nythendra about 298k dps. For example when i watch warcraftlogs ppl on Nythendra make in my ilevel 412k dps! (for my ilevel, in heroic)

Also i try help with this rotation (FROST DEATH KNIGHT Rotation Addon [Legion v7.1 November 2016] -> form youtube, weakaura rotation helper]) but is not help.

I understand the rotation from icy veins. Conclude icy talons, frost fever up and spam at proc obli and HB. Unfortunatly i dont have any logs as frost.

thx for any polite help.

7+ Year Old Account
    I think logs would be useful here, and you can post links, but you need to add some spaces to make the link "inactive".

Except for that I would honestly point at your very low haste.

Less haste means = slower rune generation, less autoattacks (which means less RP generated if you are using Runic Attenuation, AND less Killing Machine procs)

Deleted
    As i wrote, unfortunatly i dont have any logs as forst.

About haste, Yeah i know that. But as i said... i wanna make higher ilevel than stat. Do you recomend have 5ilev less and have a more proper stat?

Deleted
    My ilvl is 880 with best ilvl gear but with best stats im at 872 . I did yesterday HC EN and my lowest dps was 340-350 and my highest 400 on dragons. Try working on those stats especially haste. Around 20 would be the sweet spot .
    Crit around 23-25 , then mastery/vers (depends which one you preffer-opinions are different here, i personally preffer mastery). For comparison purposes im sitting at 22 haste, 25 crit, 40 mastery and 3 vers at the moment.
    Keep your best gear in bank/bags in case stats priority changes in the future and for LFG queues (sad but true, people look at ilvl first). Hope you get better, cheers.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaapek View Post
    As i wrote, unfortunatly i dont have any logs as forst.

About haste, Yeah i know that. But as i said... i wanna make higher ilevel than stat. Do you recomend have 5ilev less and have a more proper stat?
    We can't just say that. It depends on your current items and the item in question. You need to sim your character to decide your actual stat weights. Then you can use an addon like Pawn to see if it is actually a better item or not.

Deleted
    First off - DPS can also vary based on kill times. This is especially true to bursty classses, but for Frost it should be ok.

After blast radius 3/3, get the 8 yard increase on Frost Strike. It helps a ton with movement, enabling you to exit melee and use a Frost Strike, then when you enter melee again do it - to keep Icy talons up.

You have good relics (for the ilvl) so those are fine. You have absolutely terrible trinkets for your ilvl, replace them (find a sim on discord or a list from guide on forum).

Obliteration for single target is ok, I generally just play full time with GA. Also play Ava, not Icecap - you don't have legendary bracers, and you are not doing a mythic dungeon.

You biggest issues are most likely duo to your low uptime on frost pulse and ice talons. You are most likely spamming your resources, and then letting your ice talons run out. Remember not to spam (in general, just use RP not to cap and to keep talons up). Sitting at 40-70 is perfectly fine.

Also, keep your runes depleted at all time to increase your Frost Pulse dmg.

Get more haste. Lacking cloak enchant. In terms of items - simming it is the onlny way you will figure out what is best. I would advice you to not be greedy on ilvl (I am like that myself) - and really consider getting those extra haste items. Also replace your trinkets - just mentioning that again - because I believe you have those equip duo to ilvl, and they are really not great. If everything else fails, I would use 850 stat sticks over those you are currently using (but sim it please).

Without logs, this is what you get for you money. It is very difficult to give you advice when there is little information attached.

As a reference, - I did Heroic Nythendra on my alt DK. 870 ilvl few weeks ago, and somebody logged it. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking.../10/#boss=1853
    Last edited by mmoc909dfd26c8; 2016-12-01 at 10:29 AM.

Like others said - switch Icecap with Avalanche. Icecap is only good for raiding if you have legendary bracers.
    You have a lot of mastery - try going Glacial Advance instead of Obliteration.
    Both talents are very close dps-wise anyway on single target but GA is better if there's even minimal cleave available.
    Obliteration could be ahead if you manage to use it perfectly without any disturbance while GA gives you stable and predictable dps increase and is helpful when you are out of meele range.

Also - Icy Talons and Frozen Pulse. Uptime of these is imperative.
    Burn your runes as fast as possible and use Frost Strike only when IT is about to expire.

Deleted
    Issue #1:

You compare youself to people, who runs thier rotation with closed eyes. You probably not even configured your own UI(since you copycat WA profiles). Ive been telling everybody - don't copycat. Make your own UI as a person who knows whats going on. You will learn alot.

Some people have played for 12 years, you stand don't stand chance against somebody who can squeeze everything.

So maybe you are not that low after all compared to your capacity.

Sum:
    Practice. All the time, do more content and be consistent.
    Make sure to prepot during fights, get flask and food buffs and if you got plenty of gold, get Vantus runes.
    Last edited by mmocd6fe3ee806; 2016-12-01 at 11:27 AM.

Deleted
    [QUOTE=Strifeload;43553475]Issue #1:

You compare youself to people, who runs thier rotation with closed eyes. You probably not even configured your own UI(since you copycat WA profiles).

ad1. Yeah, if i compare to somebody, that always to the best.

ad2. Now i have my on ui.

- - - Updated - - -

Thx for all advise. I am rdy to take them, and practice at the boss. Also thx for stat tip. I will try decrease my ilev for better haste. As soon as possible i will put some logs.

My aoe is very, very good. Machine Gun rotation is very easy and clearly .

Deleted
    Hey folks!

here is some logs of my frost

warcraftlogs.com/rankings /character/5530003/10/

You need 20% haste minimum

- - - Updated - - -

Also you say you see other 871ilvl dk's doing more dps than you, do you want to know why that is? they put preference over stats rather than ilvl. They prob have 880 in their bags.