Deleted

Should I save emissary caches?

So I'm working on making the switch from outlaw->assassination. Currently at AP 31, ilvl 900 relics(~892 if I switch to all MA). Been hoarding up emissary caches for the last couple weeks, thinking to open them once 7.1.5 comes out with new legendaries. But looking at the ideal scenario, wouldn't it be better to open them up now for the legendary chance, before inflating the legendary pool with non-BiS legendaries? Or is another BiS legendary showing up from what we know now, such as the shoulders? For the best case scenario, that is.
    Another thought is that they are trending towards buffing legendary droprate%, which means the chances of getting anything at all might increase. I've been clearing nearly all content since release, and still only sitting with one mediocre combat legendary, so I want to increase my chances as much as I can since I just can't compete with others as it stands. Thankful for any replies!

new legendaries wont be retroactive, kind of like all lootboxes, if you get it pre 7.1.5 it will and should roll with the pre 7.1.5 items in it.

kind of like garrison svage crates, or other lootboxes we have gotten in previous expacs.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

To my understanding the RNG of all boxes is decided when you receive them not open them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pies1 View Post
    To my understanding the RNG of all boxes is decided when you receive them not open them.
    This is true as far as i know also.

Pretty sure it's the opposite there guys. Loot is determined when you open it not when you received it. Same way personal loot works in Raids now, loot is determined when the boss dies not when it spawns(ie raid ID is made.) You can test this out by getting 5 on a hybrid class as one spec and then setting your personal loot to another and getting relics for that class(long shot but it's a good way to find out.

Also it would be unnecessary data storage to keep that information about items and just doesn't seem like blizzard would waste the resources for it.

Deleted
    As of now, it's confirmed that it's rolled when you open them, not when you recieve them. Transfer char to test realm -> boxes pops new legs.
    But could you please stick to the topic here, this wasn't a thread about that yet 4/4 replies are strictly about that.

- - - Updated - - -

Bumping this. Are the new legendary something you'd actually want based on the information we have no, or are older ones more appealing?