10+ Year Old Account

Warrior Legendary Item Nerfs in 7.1.5

Ok so I'm hearing Ayala's Stone Heart got a stealth nerf, is this true? If it is true, has anyone else noticed any other stealthy nerfs to Legendaries? If this changes our priority on getting them, then, ouch.

Edit: There may be some buffs too? Arms gloves got changed up a bit.

Confirmed Changes below:
    Ayala's Stone Heart - Lowered Procs Per Minute to 2 from 3.
    Archavon's Heavy Hand - Reverted incoming nerf that tuned it from returning 8 rage back to 10 rage.
    Last edited by Leyl; 2016-12-02 at 02:22 PM.
    #SargerasIsComingToSaveUs

Quote Originally Posted by Leyl View Post
    Ok so I'm hearing Ayala's Stone Heart got a stealth nerf, is this true? If it is true, has anyone else noticed any other stealthy nerfs to Legendaries? If this changes our priority on getting them, then, ouch.

Yes, can confirm, its nerfed from 3PPM to 2PPM. Well, post other ones if you got them...
    Yep I've heard that specific change quite a few times from discord etc, despite there being no documentation of it.

With that, dragon roar nerf and our only buffs seeming to be AOE/dungeon clear...............I'm starting to get a little worried about Fury raid dps. I know there's some more changes coming to PTR I'm sure, but we've seen quite a few 7.1.5 PTR patches already with not much for Fury raid dps.

I've heard this too, but I'm not sure I believe it. Why would this be the only item they decide not to include notes for? They're not afraid to give out nerfs, and they've included information for all the other legendary changes, so why try to keep it a secret for this particular item?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elpuppet View Post
    Yep I've heard that specific change quite a few times from discord etc, despite there being no documentation of it.

With that, dragon roar nerf and our only buffs seeming to be AOE/dungeon clear...............I'm starting to get a little worried about Fury raid dps. I know there's some more changes coming to PTR I'm sure, but we've seen quite a few 7.1.5 PTR patches already with not much for Fury raid dps.
    Reckless Abandon got buffed and was already slightly ahead of DR on pure single target. DR was better in cleave/AOE so technically you could say our AOE was nerfed and our ST damage got a buff

The ring is not a general nerf of the spec because only a minority of fury warriors were even lucky enough to get it and it's not even one of our two best legendaries. Fury raid DPS has to be viable without the ring anyway - if it's not then the problem isn't the ring

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Qazza View Post
    The ring is not a general nerf of the spec because only a minority of fury warriors were even lucky enough to get it and it's not even one of our two best legendaries. Fury raid DPS has to be viable without the ring anyway - if it's not then the problem isn't the ring
    Its not? From my view the Helm and ring are our two bis legendaries, i think everyone else will agree on this

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schlafmangel View Post
    Its not? From my view the Helm and ring are our two bis legendaries, i think everyone else will agree on this
    Yep, helm and ring were BIS. There are no other ones out there I'd go with. If you're Arms then gloves I think is legit, but for Fury, helm+ring are certainly BIS.

Now, that being said, they also did nerf the gloves sooooooooooo this may just be balancing the equation? I'm not sure. Our DPS isn't gonna take too much of a hit, I'm just wondering if I need to look at other legendaries now.

Quote Originally Posted by Qazza View Post
    it's not even one of our two best legendaries.
    Are you kidding? Ayalas' is our BEST legendary, hands down. That's not even up for interpretation, it's just straight up the best legendary you can get for fury. Our second best being the cean-ar helm. Both of those are leagues ahead of the only other actual dps legendary, which would be the cape. The cape is not bad at all, but it's quite far behind the helm, let alone the ring.

I can't speak for Ayala's, but as for the Arms Gloves, on the PTR right now I'm showing the nerf got commuted from 8 rage to 10 rage, so that's good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jessegreathouse View Post
    I can't speak for Ayala's, but as for the Arms Gloves, on the PTR right now I'm showing the nerf got commuted from 8 rage to 10 rage, so that's good.
    Now that's downright absurd. They shifted the nerf from the gloves to the ring, thus buffing, and nerfing Arms simultaneously, and nerfing Fury outright. I don't like this class balance via legendaries policy they have going on right now. I find it obtuse and odd. If you want to change a spec, change the spec, stop playing with items to fix outliers. (Edit: unless its totes extreme; but I didn't see that being the case here.) I find it also strange that they make these item adjustments smack dab in the middle of a secondary stat change of massive proportions. If we were supposed to stay "on par or gain" power from this patch; then why inadvertently nerf Fury? (edited) I'm left scratching my head, and I'm betting there is some justification, but I don't think they are looking at the big picture in some cases. This ring drops for multiple specs, not just Arms.
    Last edited by Leyl; 2016-12-02 at 02:27 PM.

I personally don't think the Devs know what they are doing honestly. I've heard that a lot of the main developers got shifted to the more important Blizzard games like Overwatch and Hearthstone. And that WoW got the D3 team, which was always horrible about balance issues. So I'm not really holding my breath for anything positive to come out in terms of actual balance.

I'm essentially waiting for Nighthold and our T19 set, which I heard would rock Fury. Getting an extra 2 seconds on our Enrage window would be hella sweet with the 4 piece set. And there's tons of Haste on there, so hopefully we can actually reach that magical 50% haste they've been talking about for months.

I don't think we're gonna get squat for 7.1.5. 7.2 should be the make or break moment for Fury imo. Honestly, I've been trying to level and play some of my other lvl 100 toons and the Fury playstyle is just too fun. I just wish I didn't need to outgear people to beat them in the meters.

On live as fury with Ayala's and massacre on a dummy I can sustain around 340-350k, on ptr after ring and and secondary stat nerfs I found it hard to stay around 320k. The ring still seems stronger than the fury helm by 10-20k on dummy. It took 4 piece nighthold bonus and charger helm to be around what I was on Live.

Each separate set bonus seemed to add about 8-10% more enrage up time so about 3-4% damage increase depending on mastery.

Prot gloves the buff is moving from revenge to thunderclap but that's legitimate due to their other changes which largely remove revenge from circulation (other than eating procs, really) and focus on incorporating thunderclap both as rage-gen and fishing for SS procs.

So i wouldn't call it a nerf but it is due to and part of a nerf.