Deleted

Legendary boomkin boots as resto

Hello fellow druids, as title says i got legendary boomkin boots even though i almost only play resto.

While i'm still trying to decide if i got lucky or unlucky i was wondering if anyone else had the same luck as me and how did you get the most out of it?

I'm not sure if i should just ignore it and accept the minor passive buff or center a bit more my playstyle around it (like stacking it to max and use it as an emergency button or waiting for a PotA proc...)

Btw this was only my second legendary so i will play with it anyway and swapping it is not an option!

Thanks in advance for sharing your experiences/opinions.

It's actually not too shabby for resto. A resto friend of mine throws out some Solar Flares when they can for the boosted Regrowths.

The boots were my first legendary and I definently didn't feel lucky, when I got them. But after playing(mostly as boomkin) with them, for a long while, I kinda have grown accustomed to having a superb "oh shit"-button at my disposal. For any progression they can really be the difference between a whipe and a kill. When I got my second legendary, Sephuz' Secret(ya, I'm that guy with the crummy legendaries), I had to unequip the boots, until my research was complete and thats when I really started to notice how fun/usefull the boots actually were. But that's for Boomkin.

As resto, which I play on occasions, the boots really don't do much. I spam as many Solar Wraths as the next rdruid, but trying to max the buff and maintain it for a big heal, really is not only counterintuitive, but also gimping your manaregen/output(you have to ignore Omen of Clarity procs, for that). So for resto they're just a small passive boost to regrowth on easy content and not worth a lot. That being said, they're clearly not designed for resto.

As a sidenote: I really feel the boots are what legendaries should've been: Great and fun utility and not mandatory throughput gains. For Boomkin, the headpiece is simply needed to do comparable dps to other classes, while changing your playstyle/rotation to a much more strict and turret-mode, which isn't fun at all. Im still waiting for my first real throughput item, and when it drops, I will instantly(have to) unequip my boots, which makes me a sad chicken. A sad chicken that actually performs well

Hi,

Resto druid here with the boots and Sephuz secret too!

ANyway, regarding the boots, I think they're a good legendary! As balance, they give you a great Emergency heal that almost heals you up to full. But remember, this heal works on others too, so in raids or mythic+, If your healers fall behind on tanks, you can spend a GCD to top the tank up (Yes, it heals for Millions!) which is invaluable! Does it help on DPS meters? No, but it sure does get you kills!

Using these boots as resto myself, I find them nearly useless in raids, so I basically use them only for the stats and ilvl. However, in Mythic+, its a totally different thing! You hot you party up, put efflo down and start spamming solar wrath. It helps on dmg, and at the same time you know you can let the tank go lower than usual, because you will have a much stronger regrowth (most likely free with omen of clarity proc) to top him up after. So it's a great legendary for a resto druid to have in M+!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurathansal View Post
    Anyway, regarding the boots, I think they're a good legendary! As balance, they give you a great Emergency heal that almost heals you up to full. But remember, this heal works on others too, so in raids or mythic+, If your healers fall behind on tanks, you can spend a GCD to top the tank up (Yes, it heals for Millions!) which is invaluable! Does it help on DPS meters? No, but it sure does get you kills!
    Thank you for this. In a game where most players are all about themselves it's quite refreshing to read something like this (I'm a healer and I'm very happy if more players would think and act like you).

NYel,

Thanks a lot for the comment.

WoW these days is very unfair. It drives players to maximize either their healing or dps meters.

I think the single best thing that could be done to WoW, would be Blizzard banishing DPS/healing meters.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Kornum View Post
    As a sidenote: I really feel the boots are what legendaries should've been: Great and fun utility and not mandatory throughput gains. For Boomkin, the headpiece is simply needed to do comparable dps to other classes, while changing your playstyle/rotation to a much more strict and turret-mode, which isn't fun at all. Im still waiting for my first real throughput item, and when it drops, I will instantly(have to) unequip my boots, which makes me a sad chicken. A sad chicken that actually performs well
    I have felt like this since the start of the expansion. And this is coming from a moonkin who only has the legendary neck. I'm sectretly hoping for the ring as my throughput legendary so that I don't get locked in to obsessing over the ED buff all fight long.

WoW these days is very unfair. It drives players to maximize either their healing or dps meters.
    It's been like that since late vanilla. The only exceptions are the earliest raids, which were so ridiculously under-tuned that simply bringing a lot of players was enough to beat all the bosses, even if half of those players were dreadfully bad at their specs.

I think the single best thing that could be done to WoW, would be Blizzard banishing DPS/healing meters.
    You'd have to ban all kinds of logging too. It would also end up being even more unfair, because now people would wipe and not know why, and healers would get benched for (evidently) underperforming and would have no idea what they were doing wrong... just that whenever they were on the healing team, things go poorly.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.