Dps feels low, could someone analyze my logs?

I did Cenarius today, and pulled what I felt to be very low dps for my gear/ilvl. Here is my log

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...mary&source=24

My gear is listed under summary. I compared my log to another one with similar gear, who did about 75k more than me with roughly the same gear

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...-done&source=9

I'd like to know if it's my macro or micro playstyle being inefficient, a gear problem, or whatever combination of these factors. I chose the above log as a comparison since we both have the same legendaries and gear level. If someone could tell me why ours is so different, it would help me a lot. First thing I see is the Festering Wound damage difference, which I have no idea why it's like that.

Maybe just bad RNG with FS and wound popping?
    Anyways...mega gz for the bracers+ring thats huge...

Ploob is just a god. 100 percentile unholy dk players will do that.

What @0verdose said. Don't compare yourself to a world ranking player if you're not of equal skill. I just had a 99% parse on M Nythendra, but everything went right for me there. Typically, I'm in the 92%+ area, which is fine for my guild.

On an aside, we did Mythic Odyn last night and I thought dps was down as a whole from the night before...significantly. Someone I wonder if someone at Blizz falls asleep on the 'DPS Knob' once in awhile. Anyone else ever feel that way?

Looking at your logs, the thing that jumps out at me is obviously what you have noticed which is the huge discrepancy in festering wound damage. Your gear is very similar with the only real difference being your angorboda trinket level which will have it proc lower amounts.

However, if you look at the graph of the damage abilities and uncheck everything but festering wound, what you see is that ploob has big spikes in damage and you have smoother damage. What this tells me is that he is popping high stacks fishing for bracer procs and you are popping medium stacks looking for consistency. Now it could be that he just got super lucky with bracer procs (the shit of legendaries this expansion and all the RNG), but that is a pretty extreme swing. I would wager it is a combination of the two, that he is stacking higher and that he is also getting a little lucky.

Outside of that, if you look at the buffs you should have actually been higher than him because you had double the uptime on the crit proc than he did. I really feel like it is probably an issue with gaming the bracer more than anything.

What is your general goal on when to scourge strike?