Deleted

Trying to recover my old account

So long story short didnt play since Dark Animus Heroic progression and it seems my account got hacked or somebody is using without my knowledge. Trying to recover it, what are chances to get it back, its on my name, provided my new id picture with all info, provided old email wow was on ( sent ticket from it ), provided old password, wrote down that I am willing to talk and answer secret questions. Since fields in tickets are limited I didnt manage to provide all details from my account, charr movements, titles and rest, since I was top 20 world raider for 5-6 years I will provide videos of raids when they contact me. What are mine chances? Not interested doing it from 0, and last question what did I miss from MoP? Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Krato View Post
    So long story short didnt play since Dark Animus Heroic progression and it seems my account got hacked or somebody is using without my knowledge. Trying to recover it, what are chances to get it back, its on my name, provided my new id picture with all info, provided old email wow was on ( sent ticket from it ), provided old password, wrote down that I am willing to talk and answer secret questions. Since fields in tickets are limited I didnt manage to provide all details from my account, charr movements, titles and rest, since I was top 20 world raider for 5-6 years I will provide videos of raids when they contact me. What are mine chances? Not interested doing it from 0, and last question what did I miss from MoP? Thanks in advance!
    If it is in your name and you can scan your ID you can do it all over a phone call and they will 100% give you your account back. You have absolutely nothing to worry about on that front and will have your account back so long as you can provide all needed details. They may ask you to call them and send things again/outside of the ticket.

The bigger question is how much they can fix as far as stuff that's been sold off of the account if it was hacked. They have the power to roll things back and restore a lot but if it's been a very long time they're likely to be suspicious in that regard.

Deleted
    I dont mean levels, all my realm 1. achievments, achievments in general, feats, mounts, lvling from 0 is least issue.

- - - Updated - - -

Not care about sold stuff, did scaned my ID already from both sides and sent them.

Stop messing around and call Blizzard. You pay for the account, and (presumably) you can prove this.

You'll get your account back.

In the future, I'd suggest safeguarding your computer. While many free Anti-Virus programs are available, I'd recommend an active software firewall? You'll pay for that, but it's actually cheap, given the benefits. It's all what you want to get out of it .....

Deleted
    Cant find my cd keys since they are home in Croatia and I am living 1500 km further, but can provide everything else, sent them ticket today, lets hope Il get it back tommorow.

Deleted
    Dont they already send you password reset ?

Deleted
    Didnt play or tried to log on it for 3.5 years, email for account was changed aswell, could not log with mine old.

Cant find my cd keys since they are home in Croatia and I am living 1500 km further, but can provide everything else, sent them ticket today, lets hope Il get it back tommorow.
    Ticket's take ages and get tugged under the rug. Call Blizzard directly.

Deleted
    Allright Il do it in after work If they dont respond on this ticket. I really hope I log back again, shivers

Deleted
    Best way to sort account issues, is calling Blizzard, call support is much more direct, and they seem to get things sorted on the phone, rather than ignoring tickets or copy-pasta some bullshit.

Deleted
    Got my account back, all my charrs are now diffrent genders diffrent realms xD Some of them even got removed max professions and started new ones from 1, so silly. Happy I got it back, made another ticket maybe they will manage sort some things.

So, you sold your account a few years ago and now stole it from the new owner? Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    So, you sold your account a few years ago and now stole it from the new owner? Good one.
    Just what I was thinking

I got my account locked due to "suspicious activity" i.e. logging in from different locations around the world. I had no clue of the answer I picked for the secret question as they are dumb enough anyway, so I was not able to restore it by myself. After contacting the customer support and sending in a photo of some ID, the account was unlocked in a breeze. So I kind of follow the suspicions of Amerissis and Nayami here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got my account back, all my charrs are now diffrent genders diffrent realms xD Some of them even got removed max professions and started new ones from 1, so silly. Happy I got it back, made another ticket maybe they will manage sort some things.
    Doubt they'll revert all the dmg. You didn't maintain the account and thus it sounds to have been hacked, and sold. As well as having been too long ago since you had logged in yourself. So, doubt they'll fix it all.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post

Shit, that actually makes more sense. Why would characters have been changed, and moved etc without someone having sold it. Either OP, or the one whom got hold of it.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..