Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Keep in mind that the Firelands are commonly considered one of the best raid tiers in the entire game. If they keep their promises, which they do exceptionally well lately, we could get a smaller AND shorter raid tier, followed by either a "filler" Trial of Valor style raid OR an Argus raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Also no telling whether or not we'll get another ToV-style 'filler' raid with a couple of bosses. I wouldn't mind seeing more of the smaller boss-in-a-box raids, hearkening back to Onyxia and Gruul. Always liked those.

Quote Originally Posted by Braktixx View Post
    Keep in mind that the Firelands are commonly considered one of the best raid tiers in the entire game. If they keep their promises, which they do exceptionally well lately, we could get a smaller AND shorter raid tier, followed by either a "filler" Trial of Valor style raid OR an Argus raid.
    Yeah, that's true. It's hard to quantify what made Firelands good though, and if ToS will share the same features.

If the tuning is as good as ToV it doesn't really matter how many bosses there are. In an ideal scenario it would take 2-3 months to work your way up to the final boss at heroic difficulty, gearing up within the instance itself slowly.

To be fair, they pulled ToV out of their ass there's no way to be sure they won't throw another 3 boss raid in randomly. Tbh, if they're making the raid a little shorter without adding a filler raid, i'd assume it's because they think argus will be out 4-5 months after ToS instead of 6-7 which could very well mean they want to make the raid tiers slightly shorter but have them come out faster. With all their talk about pacing the content better, i doubt it's due to them slacking or anything because it'd probably be easier to just make another 3-4 bosses in the raid to make it last an extra month or 2
    Last edited by bmjclark; 2016-12-10 at 10:48 AM.

Shorter raids doesn't mean that the quality is going to get better. There were short crappy raids like Dragon Soul and Trial of the Crusader yet Ulduar, which was the biggest raid, was excellent.

Also some would love ToV and some would hate it. I'm part of the latter mostly because it was a pain as a melee dps, broken mechanics and lousy loot.

Raiding in Legion is a 7/10 so far. EN started out strong yet fell out a bit with Xavius being a joke in Mythic. ToV had issues as stated above.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracked View Post
    Don't you think quantity also has merit? For me it certainly does.
    It is good to have shorter raids from time to time. Not as a general rule but to enjoy more different scenery.

WoD Tier 1 - 17 bosses
    WoD Tier 2 - 13 bosses

Legion Tier 1 - 20 bosses
    Legion Tier 2 - 9 bosses ?

I don't consider Highmaul and BRF one tier, and I don't consider EN and Nighthold one tier.
    Each had two completely different progression races, and itemlevel which kept them far apart and, of course, months of time in between.

One tier is something you farm and progress on at the same time, maybe a couple of weeks apart like in MOP.

So as Ion mentioned on the panel above, Tomb of Sargeras will only have 9 bosses. For a full fledged tier, that's a very small number, in fact, last time we had tiers this small was in Cata, with Firelands at 7 bosses and Dragon Soul at 8, and I think it's quite commonly agreed that Firelands was rather short and Dragon Soul was a disaster.

Cata Tier 1 - 13 bosses
    Cata Tier 2 - 7 bosses
    Cata Tier 3 - 8 bosses

MoP Tier 1 - 16 bosses
    MoP Tier 2 - 13 bosses
    MoP Tier 3 - 14 bosses

WoD Tier 1 - 17 bosses
    WoD Tier 2 - 13 bosses

Legion Tier 1 - 20 bosses
    Legion Tier 2 - 9 bosses ?

There is more than just that, if we keep the 6 tier piece format, then at least 6 of 9 bosses are bosses who drop tier sets and that just doesn't feel right to me that 2 out of every 3 bosses should drop tier.

Do you think they plan to add more smaller instances like ToV, seeing as it was a relative success with the community? Any raid with 9 bosses must inevitably pale in comparison to the 'gold day raids' like Throne of Thunder or SoO.
    I mean...First tier of MoP/WoD was technically only 10 bosses. No one went back to MSV or Highmaul after the actual tier raids came out. Sure I mean people did go back, but no one pushed for Heroic MSV or Mythic Highmaul kills after Heart of Fear or Blackrock Foundry came out. It'll be no different when Nighthold comes out, no one is going to go back and push for Emerald Nightmare or ToV kills once the actual tier raid comes out. These are more like pre-raid raids, so even this tier is only technically 10 bosses.