Epicus Maximus (Brawler's Guild)

Anyone managed to get him down yet? I've been using Fire and have hit a bit of a road block on him. It seems like a DPS check, but maybe I'm not using the right set up.

Share your strat/set up if you have

Edit:

Just got him down with ilvl 878 Fire. (55.24 mil damage @ 493k dps) I died (to timer fire) tenths of a second after he died. I have two dps legendaries, Dragon Breath Helm and Kil'Jaedan Trinket.

Buffs: Lebeyque Ribs, Augment Rune, Pact Flask, and quad-potting with both Prolonged Power potions. (two potions 2 seconds after zoning in, and then two more potions again during the middle of the fight)

Talents: Conflag, Shimmer, Rune of Power, Flame On, Unstable Magic, Meteor

Strat: Start in the far left corner. Max burst off the beginning w/ lust (making sure your Meteor is 5x Pyretic w/ Combustion up for max crit). Keep burning until his first Blue Crash. Interrupt here and resume burst (Should use second Rune of Power at this point). Keep bursting until either 1) he casts his Destructor Laser, which at that point you double blink to the opposite facing far corner (top right). This gives you the longest burst potential because after casting his Destructor Laser he goes right into a full channeled Blue Crash that you've just out-ranged. or 2) he casts Blue Crash at which point you want to blink twice away to the opposite corner and resume dps'ing. Either way, Counterspell will be up for the third Blue Crash, so you can repeat the first cycle once more. He should die very shortly after his fourth Blue Crash.

That's essentially it. Side-step left or right to quickly dodge bombs, blink from corner to corner for the cycles, have as little down-time as possible while bursting full tilt, and get lucky. Easy right?
    Last edited by TheWorkingTitle; 2017-01-18 at 08:57 AM.

Try frost. Today I saw a fire mage fail 5-10 times on this boss, with around 5-10m left everytime. He then switched to frost, and managed to 1 shot the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by coblade14 View Post
    Try frost. Today I saw a fire mage fail 5-10 times on this boss, with around 5-10m left everytime. He then switched to frost, and managed to 1 shot the boss.

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I don't have my Ebonchill developed. Funneled everything I've done in Legion into Felo'melorn, so switching isn't really an option.

Haven't tried him yet, but he looked mean when I was watching people trying to kill em.

Quote Originally Posted by TheWorkingTitle View Post
    Anyone managed to get him down yet? I've been using Fire and have hit a bit of a road block on him. It seems like a DPS check, but maybe I'm not using the right set up.

Share your strat/set up if you have
    I beat him as a fire mage (ilvl 892 with scorch belt and lust ring) using Pyro/Blazing Soul/RoP/Flame On/Frenetic/UM/Meteor you can stand DIRECTLY under him and avoid taking most damage (if the aoe circle is under you it wont do dmg) only if you are directly under him in the center of the arena.

I would suggest maybe swapping out RoP for Kindling and trying to get a second combustion in for more damage depending on your legendarys.

Quote Originally Posted by retsiem View Post
    I beat him as a fire mage (ilvl 892 with scorch belt and lust ring) using Pyro/Blazing Soul/RoP/Flame On/Frenetic/UM/Meteor you can stand DIRECTLY under him and avoid taking most damage (if the aoe circle is under you it wont do dmg) only if you are directly under him in the center of the arena.

I would suggest maybe swapping out RoP for Kindling and trying to get a second combustion in for more damage depending on your legendarys.
    Whew -- yeah, I'd be able to do it with that ilvl and legendaries. I'm sitting 876 ilvl with Belo'vir and the Dragon Breath Helm. Best I've gotten is multiple sub 5% wipes, but I just can't find that last 2-4 mil damage. Guess I'll just have to get better gear.

Thanks for the tip about standing under him. I'll try that!

If you tank him at one edge of the arena, and when the shark starts it's flailing that hits like a truck if you don't interrupt it, blink to the other side of the arena and it won't hit you. Gives you alot of free DPS time. Or atleast that was how you could do it back in previous expansions and i'm guessing they havn't changed it.

As Arcane 889 gear I couldn't down him. Got him to around 7-8 million many times but you need something like 484k DPS to kill him whilst also dodging his constant 1 million hits, interrupting/outranging his big aoe and running from the laser. Just decided it's a case of coming back with a bit of Nighthold gear for now. I do only have utility legendaries though so maybe if you've got Shard or something it might be possible for Arcane (or maybe I just suck!).

You can outrange the big aoe yeah, you need too because counterspell isn't up enough to cover all the casts.

bump for OP update